Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I keep seeing new owners show up and I think it is about time we have our very own thread. So sign in, give us a pic, go to the front of the class and tell us about yourself :D.
    I was thinking we could also start an index thread, like those LC4 Boys have, of issues and modifications of our beloved bike. So I will start a the Thread Index and please feel free to post threads you feel should be added.

[​IMG]

Me on my very first Dirt Ride. The Husky is my first bike and IMHO is a hell
    of a good bike all around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. snaggleXR650

snaggleXR650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent,
    I don't own a TE610, but I've been eyeballing them since they came out. Looking forward to reading goods/bads about the bike... Ride on!
  3. NotEnufGarj

NotEnufGarj Jon

Oddometer:
    Dan,

How do we post pics or is there a thread that explains that already?

Thanks...Jon
  4. jrs200

jrs200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Through the big mud hole to the big rock hill SC
    I don't like you TE-610 guys.
    But I may one day when i get me one :lol3
    Sweet bikes, always loved husky's since back in the 70's. That is when i raced my 1st one. Just something about how the bike felt that made you faster.
    The 450 would be a great bike to. Very light.
    Just kidding about not liking you guys, if you ride a husky you gota be ok.:D
  5. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    hey were husky owners a small minority that needs to stick together! no need to discriminate among the different models :D .

Plus, it's just a matter of time before I get the 610.
  6. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    My 2006 TE450 w/custom crash modifications:D

Look closely and you will notice the impressive way the head angle has been modified so that the front wheel is closer to the frame via custom "arched" forks:lol3

The fender is a one-off custom - don't even bother to ask about getting one of your own. Handlebar bend is high end OCC stuff as well:evil

[​IMG]

Stay tuned and I'll post when I get her back together again. Looks like she'll be gettin' some high zoot front suspenders (maybe even rear too:evil) and some hoity toity tree/clamp/damper mount too:deal
  7. dlorenz

dlorenz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in! I'll insert photos as soon as I can figure out how too.
    I've had the bike for ten months now and love it. I started out using it only as a dirtbike, but since summer have used it a lot more as a streetbike. For me the bike has done everything great, from abusive multi-day dirt rides to highway commuting. I've gone through bars, side plates, radiator shrouds, engine side case, blinkers, and assorted nuts and bolts, but all in all the bike has stood up well. No major problems at all, just some irritating computer glitches and a battery that took a dump fairly early on. I would love to get rid of the pipe but cost and increased noise has stopped me. There seems to be some bad info out there about parts and reliability with these bikes, all I can pass on is that it hasn't been a problem for me. Have fun and I'm looking forward reading about fellow 610ers.

Dlorenz
    2006 TE 610
    terra-flex, protapers w/ risers, Whipp's skidplate and disc pro.,Chase Harper bags.
    JonLynn likes this.
  8. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey we don't descriminate around here. I am eyeing a TE-250 for spring of next year for the more technical slice of life...here is link on pic info:http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919

If anyone has trouble with the insertion of pics just email them to me at dpeffer at gmail dot com and I will be glad to host them for you.

Dan

And glad you guys are joining in on our little thread :clap
  9. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
    I might as well join the Adv. Husky riders fold, I have an 06 Huskey TE510, only mods so far are Enduro Engineering barkbusters & Moose handgaurds, I woulda done more by now but Ummmmm I had a little:kurt
    I think I'm just gettin:gerg , anyway I'll be following this thread closely, good luck & good riding to all :thumb
  10. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    How are the Bones? :huh :ear

Dan
  11. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's mine before that nasty little side panel melt incident. I'm going to ride it one of these days. This is my second Husky, I had a 360 back in the 70's, I got it right seeing “Malcom Smith...a lone dust cloud across Lake Chapala” in On Any Sunday. I've had oil conundrums with this bike. I drained the oil to torque the counterbalancer nut and it was then that I found out 10w-60 wasn't available down at the Quikie Mart. So I post about this and scfrank says just use 20w-50. I'm ok with that...for a while, and then I start thinking that was really thick oil coming out that thing, I think I'll just order the 10W-60. So while waiting for the royal oil shipment (motorex $12.75 per quart) I take the KLX to Highland Park Resort for some trail riding, and while perusing their shop I spy this Belray 20W-50, and decide I will just put that in and start riding. Before I get around to putting it in, the royal oil arrives. I decide to put the Belray in anyway and I then notice that it is semi synthetic..isn't there something about not using synthetic oil to break in a bike? So I say to hell with the royal oil and the belray, I'm going to buy some plain ole 4 stroke 20w-50. I ask the guy at the Kawasaki Shop if he has some petroleum based 20w-50, he says yeah, so I say give me three quarts. I've just opened the sack to see what I bought. It appears that I have purchased Twin Power multigrade 20w-50 FOR HARLEY DAVIDSONS.
    I also lost one of the sets of keys, so I went down to the local lock, safe, and key shop to see about duplicates. The counter guy say's “What is that?”. I start explaining what it is and all the other employees come around the counter to stare at the key. The oldest guy scratches his ass and says “It looks like a key for the glove box on a '75 Fiat, bring your bike over here so I can see the lock and might be able to cut you one with some hand filing”.
    I am going to put the Harley oil in my Husky and ease on down to Hooters for some wings, and hope I don't get drunk and lose my keys.

[​IMG]
    Limac likes this.
  12. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    Nice story,
    I too had the oil dilemma's as this is my first bike making it even worse if that's possible. I changed mine early and often...now at 3200 miles with a fresh oil change I think I am starting to relax a bit :lol3...I can't wait to get an aftermarket tank and do away with the damn key. :freaky

Dan
  13. SCPancho

SCPancho Old farts riding club.

Oddometer:
    I put Motorex in mine, 10W-50, semi-syn. After 500 miles. I use it in my other bike, a Tuono, and the shifting was much better ! Smoothed out the tranny in the Husky also, not that there was a problem before.

Hell, I'm no oil expert, just easy with free advice. In normal riding I wouldn't think the extra 10 points at the high end will matter that much.

I love my TE-610, will like it better after I can quit taking the carb apart to get the jetting right ! Next bike will be fuel injected.

I may try Jim's advice next, but it seems lean to me.
    I'm at a 42 pilot, 170 main and a red JD needle from a KTM kit in I think the 4th from top clip slot, 1.5 out on the fuel screw and just under 1 sec. of AP squirt if that helps. (Thanks Jim !)

Other folks are at 180 main, but they are usually the SM version, which shouldn't be any different, I don't know.

Guess I just have to do trial and error until it runs good. One change at a time.
  14. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen many dyno results so I guess most are just using the plug as an indicator? :ear I am a complete noob to jetting but will do my own, so I can learn the hard way :lol3...can't wait to get the LV and do my first full rejet.

Dan
  15. huskysm610

huskysm610 Gear Head

Oddometer:
  16. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    Feeling like a rockstar :super and picking up the settlement from the driver's ins. co on Saturday :thumb

It is all good...:deal
  18. huskysm610

huskysm610 Gear Head

Oddometer:
    Hi Dan, haven't posted much here. The 250 is a great trail bike made better with a Rekluse and some suspension revalving. It produces good power and has been reliable so far. The 04 models were known to have some valve problems but I haven't experienced any yet. I would give it a solid 4 rating out of 5. The 2006 TE250 is supposedly much improved.
  19. rwamf

rwamf Follow me

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    2000 miles and still 90% dirt riding, works great, Got tired of the LOUD stock muffler, bought a LEoVince, Took one of the inserts and modified it, now the bike is nice and quiet, The intake is louder than the exhaust, Still sounds nice, Runs great but is a little choked up on top, but for most of my off road it is about perfect, Got a Utah Skid plate, Euro blinkers, a 55/60 headlamp, Cycra hand guards, Gps mount, 12vdc socket, installed High handle bars, Heated grips and a Rev-Pack Jr seat pack on the rear rack
  20. tri650

tri650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I still have my 06 Husky 610 TE so I guess I qualify. Haven't done much to the bike other than remove the smog crap. Bought the Cyra (sp?) hand guards but did not put on the bike - when I tried to mount using the handlebar mount I found one of the current mounting screws to be too short. Ran down to the local Auto Zone but they only carried the short ones - anyone else have this situation?

I notice the dead spot around the 5500-5800 rpm range also. Otherwise the bike is a blast to ride. I would like more time in the dirt but given my past record maybe that is a good thing that I am spending more time on the street. I currently have it up for sale but if I get no takers - so far only a low bid - then I may keep and put more street friendly tires (MT90 Scorpian AT) on it and make it my everyday commuter. When I had a sport bike I rode into work everyday but that got old and when I changed jobs it became a short 15 minute highway ride - very boring. With the price of petrol I am re-thinking the commute - from 4 wheels to 2 wheels.

Again, if I end up keeping the bike I will want to get the dead spot in the jetting fixed. Love to tinker with bikes so a few projects would keep me interested.

Also, I saw that someone was working on a billet rack for the back - did that ever materialize?