Specialks.net BMW K75 Custom

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by madisonreid, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Erik-K75

Erik-K75 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New castrol oil, oilfilter, stainless steel oil plug and new pan, it's goodlooking again!

[​IMG]
  2. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dude, THAT is funny! (I can laugh 'cause I'm Dutch too!):D
  3. jwetering

jwetering n00b

Oddometer:
    If you ain't dutch you ain't much guys :super
  4. Erik-K75

Erik-K75 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have experience with Castrol Act Evo 4T Oil? I've put it in the engine but the colour is red.. w00t!?
  5. A. T. T-W

A. T. T-W Can't be bothered.

Oddometer:
    Yes:

[​IMG]

It doesn't stay that colour for long.
  6. 95PercentGorilla

95PercentGorilla n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi sorry for the late reply.
    It's a Remus, straight through end can. It sounds good, really deep burble at low revs to a growly howl higher up.
    It's not super loud, annoy the neighbours and attract bad attention style, but is considerably louder than stock.
    It sounds lovely on the overrun too just the right amount of pops! Oh and it passes Mot test.
    I run this with a K&N filter and it feels a fair bit faster than stock especially when using super unleaded.

PS The tank polish is HARD work but I think it's worth it. It gets commented on all the time including people who aren't into bikes. It doesn't oxidise anywhere near as much as I thought it would either.
  7. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    All a K&N air filter does is let more dirt through. The air filter on K bikes is oversized and not restrictive. Not to mention the hassle of having to clean and re-oil a K&N periodically. But at least the K&N comes with lots of marketing hype and a sticker.:deal

Dyno runs with a K&N and half of the stock filter covered - no change: http://www.eilenberger.net/k75exhaust/index.html
  8. frogy

frogy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kind of hard to find aftermarket pipes now for the older Ks. I know, or have read there is no power improvement on the aftermarket exhaust but they sound fantastic. Would love to get rid of that huge air box.

I think your right,lookin forward to a mirror tank...really retro,and a great workout.
  9. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    I have an adapter for putting a round or cone type air filter on the mass airflow sensor if you want to get rid of the factory airbox.

One thing to consider is that with the factory airbox and snorkel you're getting cooler air from the front (and better performance) than you would if you got rid of the airbox and sucked in air warmer from the engine compartment. Might not be an issue on a naked K though.
  10. Erik-K75

Erik-K75 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got a little further, and did some more sand blasting and painting the steps now with some new screws!

How it used to be (no more recent picture since wheel powdercoating and new exhaust):

[​IMG]

Now ..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. mwood7800

mwood7800 Banned

Oddometer:
  12. frogy

frogy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Understand about cool air being needed,planned on getting the snorkel out into the cooler airflow but got stuck when I pulled apart the air box and found square connector. 7 min. To take apart and 45 min. To get the $&@?!$&@ thing back together. Might just take U up on that Duck, PM me with $ to ship to zip 63021.
    This is really turning into a fun project for me. Have not modded a motor vehicle since I was a mech. 30 years ago:clap:clap
  13. madisonreid

madisonreid Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. bringenufgun

bringenufgun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    got to take my first real ride on the 85k100rs pichler bike saturday, about 100 miles. all fluids changed, brakes flushed and new front master cylinder, bt-45's installed, new odyssey battery, couple of other minor things. spent about four hours rubbing out the bodywork and waxing it. the whole bike felt like like 400 grit sand paper from being stored for so many years.
    damn thing runs flawlessly, an awesome machine. suspension still taunt, no weird handling defects, no leaks. just twist the go stick and rock. that picler plank of a seat evn tolorable.
    tracked down the used car dealer the deceased p.o. owned and got all the paperwork to get the original certificate of origin turned into a title in my name, should have it this week.
    life is good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Erik-K75

Erik-K75 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Although I'm a huge fan of the brick's the K1 one is really... well.. special :p3rry
  16. A. T. T-W

Oddometer:
    You're obviously a man of impeccable taste.

Just for you, here's one I tidied-up for a mate a few months ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doing the work encouraged me to own one again, so:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still love K75s though and this is keeping me busy at the moment:

[​IMG]

Lots to do:

[​IMG]

:D
  17. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    I never thought too much of K1s either - until I bought one on Fleabay a couple of years ago. Yep, the styling is "unique" but they're a hoot to ride and all K at heart.

ATTW: You really do some nice work. I'm jealous.
  18. A. T. T-W

Oddometer:
    Cheers mate. :thumb

I'll post some more detailed photos of the K75S I'm working, on once it's done.
  19. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    Do some as you do the work.. let us see what your obstacles are and how you handle them!

NCS
  20. CrashBar

CrashBar Just Wanna Ride

Oddometer:
    Bike is currenitly on the lift for the winter, wheels are being painted (metallic silver) and Remus header ceramic coated ( it discolored something fierce) plus new steering head bearing and a once over on the FD. But here is a pic of it last spring in what I call "S" mode, no bag mounts and corbin solo seat, with a fresh coat of mystic red to boot.

After 95K miles on Metzlers, I an switching over to Radials per Duck's standard K LT formula (Avon on the back, Road Pilot on the front). I'm interested to see the difference. If it is anything like the difference I got swapping out my fork springs I'll be thrilled.

[​IMG]

And here it is in "RV" mode, with two up with full camping gear for 2 weeks on the road.

[​IMG]

And somewhere in the middle, during a weeklong blast from Boston to Tennesee via the BRP.

[​IMG]

Now, back to our regularly scheduled Winter....