GTA Riders MegaThread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GB, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    I'm considerably north of the rest of you, but had a good ride Saturday.

How do you get to James Bay??

Looks like I'd have to go way Southeast, then north???
  2. Ontario GS

Ontario GS Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer:
    Ron

Cross into Quebec to Rouyn-Noranda, then head north on Hwy # 109 to Matagami, PQ. Continue on Hwy 109 to Radisson, PQ. There are a number of good websites and if you write the tourist bureau, they will send helpful information.
  3. kirby

kirby Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Add me as well, if you would.

I'm heading on toronto --> cali -->vancouver(??) --> calgary --> toronto, first week of may, for a couple of weeks ride.

If anyone want is heading that way, please le me know.
    Any suggestions on route would be appreciated.

Just want to make sure I catch some parks in the "Grand Circle", but other wise, it's where the roads take me.

Thanks.

KHK
  4. minidisco

minidisco When are we going?

Oddometer:
    Hey there, Toronto riders. Just found this post and I thought I'd add my own comments to it.

I got my 1200GS a month ago, and will be taking off for a ride up to James Bay in 3 days (September already). The weekend I got the bike, I put 1,126km on it right away - and then the thing broke down in the shop of Downtown BMW (don't ever take your bike there, they wrecked my alarm, starter, and panniers, and delayed a simple tune-up by 3 whole weeks with their blunders).

So I just got it back last night, and within the next few days I'll add another 3,200km on it - and a huge grin on my face, hopefully!

nick, from Sc'arlem!
  5. Viking

Viking Ækt trønder!!

Oddometer:
    I hope you will have a geat trip. I am also planning to go up there but I have some work and family obligations first so I do not expect to get going before mid September.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with Dwntwn BMW, we seem to have nice bikes but not very reliable dealers.
    I do think the mechanics at Open Road are doing a pretty good job, don't know about the rest of the gang though.
    I will be vey interested to hear about your trip.
    Viking
  6. minidisco

Oddometer:
    Just got in from my ride, 3,388km overall. Strated light at 4pm on Friday, and rode out past North Bay, to the small town of New Liskeard. The second day was rough going: crappy weather and winds, but we got all the way into Chisasibi (pronounced "she-SAH-see-bee) at 2:30am and slept in their multi purpose convention centre / post office / school gymnasium / hotel / internet cafe at $120 per night. Note that there are no places that serve breakfast, and only 1 gas station in town. The road from there to the bay is 15km of gravel, and the end sight isn't all that spectacular, so I'd suggest staying in Radisson instead and doing the Dam Tour. All in all, the weather should have been better and this trip definitely needs more than 3 days! Lots of missed photo opportunities, especially at Rupert's Falls and the 52nd Parallel road sing... WATCH OUT FOR THE BLACK BEARS ON THE HIGHWAY!!
  7. Viking

Viking Ækt trønder!!

Oddometer:
    Cannot believe you made it in 3 days, I would like to ride with you some day.
    Do ever camp on your little rips?
  8. minidisco

Oddometer:
    If we end up doing insane distances in inclement weather, there's NO camping involved. Otherwise, I'm all pro-outdoors and got the gear to boot!
  9. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    Howdy!
    I'm new to this site and I would like to know if there are any Ontario riders.If so would you know any good weekend rides. Also my friend and I are planning to go to Cape Breton for the TT in Sept. Is there anyone planning on going? Do you know any good roads to take? Maybe we can even meet up along the way. I will be coming from Toronto.

Thanks...
  10. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Hey Ridemuch

There are plenty of great rides north of the city. Just depends how much time you're interested in committing for the ride. A couple of hours or a day or two. As for the TT... I hadn't heard it was comming. Now I'm thinking that I have to find some way to be there for it.

Cheers

Fin
  11. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Here ya go...

Link
  12. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for so good logging roads.Can we go on the Seagwan Trail?I've been on it with my snowmoblie but I'm not sure if we can go on it in the summer?

P.S. thanks for the link.
  13. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm in Ontario...but it's about a 23 hour ride from Toronto to here.
    Too bad, there's lots of good logging roads around here!
  14. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    Are you in the north west? Near T-Bay?
  15. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Yep, used to live in Thunder Bay, now in Dryden.
  16. Lurking Luddite

Lurking Luddite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Ridemuch

I want to go to that race, hopefully cut through Maine. If I have time I should go over that bridge to PEI while I am in the area. If you have a snowmobile you better get it out from the look of things around Ottawa.
  17. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    I was thinking of going to Gaspe..And get me some potine...
  18. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    Ridemuch:
    There is a dealership (Yamaha I think) just out of Port Hawksbury (C.B.) If you contact the staff a few days prior to your visit some of them may be able to show you a few trails.

LL:
    The bridge is just a bridge. Don't put yourself out to see it.
  19. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeff, nice to see yer around! It's winter here, and it sucks!
  20. fasteddy

fasteddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Southern Ontario, Canada ( Niagara Peninsula )

Hey Ridemuch, if you want some great riding in Ontario you should check out RALLY CONNEX, they put on some great weekend rides for the adventure type rider and have just released their 2006 ride schedule. Rumour has it that Scot Harden will be returning to Ontario to put on another school at the Rally Connex Sudbury ride. Do a search on ADVrider for some stories on their rides or visit their website. http://www.rallyconnex.com
    :D :D