Southeast = The Good East

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Baldy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Scott Davis

Scott Davis Which way did they go?

Oddometer:
    Anyone want to go? Riding TAT East from Jellico to the mississsippi. Leaving Jellico Sunday morning 10/12/08. See info @ ADV/Hacks/TAT

SD

Sorry to just bust in, back to regular scheduled programming!

:)
  2. Baldy

Baldy Founder of ADV Administrator

Oddometer:
    So half a year later, how did that Eastern Regional split work out?
  3. strommin

strommin bending light

Oddometer:
    :thumb

A few minor skirmishes but civil war did not break out again. :lol3

dw
  4. Jamie

Jamie .

Oddometer:
    :lol3

I think the secession, er... I mean split has been a success!
  5. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    I am OK with this. Tenks, bro. :poser
  6. Brent4ADV

Brent4ADV Enjoying empty roads...

Oddometer:
    Much easier to find local info with the split. Thanks! :clap
  7. Captain Quack

Captain Quack Captain Quack

Oddometer:
    As long as The Good East is here, might as well enjoy it. No entry fee and this year we will have a Scavenger Hunt!

Lost in the Smokies!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

September 24 – 27, 2009 <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Four days of great roads and fun with your RotLE friends in beautiful <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Eastern Tennessee</st1:place>, near Gatlinburg.<o:p></o:p>

Camping at the Cosby Ranch (nee Fox Den) 423 487 3178 FoxDen@cosbyranch.com, 311 S Highway 32, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Cosby</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">TN</st1:State></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
    Rooms at the Bear Cub Inn (formerly the Cub Motel,under new ownership), with spacious accommodations on Cosby Creek (423) 487 2818 or 888 853 9370, <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">4350 Cosby Highway</st1:address></st1:Street> (TN 32) www.bearcubinn.webs.com <o:p></o:p>
    Groups or families can rent a Log Cabin from Cramer’s Creekside Cabins (423) 237 3334, www.cramerscreeksidecabins.com <o:p></o:p>
    Private dinner at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Gary</st1:City></st1:place>’s Market and Deli, <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">4209 Ground Hog Road</st1:address></st1:Street>, on Saturday night!<o:p></o:p>
    Best of all, ride the great, un-crowded roads of <st1:City w:st="on">Eastern</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">TN</st1:State> and <st1:place w:st="on">Western NC</st1:place>! Ride with Richard Corn, Terry Tucker and your host, Andy Kay, King of the Riders of the Lost Empire. Daily Rides, Self-Guided Ride maps and sights to see, to please every rider’s skill level and interest and the opportunity to visit with the Lusty Slogger, hisself.<o:p></o:p>
    No Registration Fee for current RotLE members, just pay for Dinner and your “beverages”. Reservations required for dinner, email Andy@lostempire.com or call 772 341 0934, Riders of the Lost Empire, 4319 Ground Hog Road, Cosby, TN 37722 Event shirts are also available, ask for details.<o:p></o:p>

Can’t make it this year? Make plans for September 23-26, 2010 NOW.<o:p></o:p>
  8. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still, I kinda wish East and West Tennessee were separated, as are culturally and geographically different. West Tennessee is part of the Mississippi Delta, part of Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas. East Tennessee is Appalachia, east coast. The terrain, culture, and people are very different.

Jamie
  9. FocusPlayer

FocusPlayer Minstrel on a Cycle

Oddometer:
    Howdy,
    I'm new here - but not new to East TN - where I'm sitting....waiting for this snow storm to hit.....

and go away, so I can get out and ride !!
  10. bobbob

bobbob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just moved to Rome GA area. Anyone able to show me some places to ride? I have a DR650 like to ride about 70 road 30 trail any help with area
  11. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    try posting here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194015 Dualsports Of Georga

They can hook you up:thumb
  12. VOLdog

VOLdog Motorcycle related jobs ??

Oddometer:

when it warms up a little. send me a pm with contact #
  13. Piscator

Piscator n00b

Oddometer:
    Just relocated to Nashville from VA... weather is starting to turn and I'm lookin for some riding buddies or forum suggestions... Thx!
  14. parkerfe

parkerfe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. Magnum1b

Magnum1b Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer:
    Before "Pinks" was a dream in Paul Pink's sleep, before the "Golden Age" of Hollywood, in 1916 James Mallis opened the first Nu-Way Weiner stand on Cotton Avenue in Macon, Georgia.

That original location with it's Neon Sign is still in operation and for those tired of the same ole same old, the Southern Good Ole Boys Network hereby invites you to meet us for a famous Nu-Way chili dog.

Yes, on Saturday November 19, beginning around 11:30 AM (cause they roll up the sidewalks after dark) the First Annual "Chomp da Dawgs" RTE will convene at the intersection of Cotton Avenue and Cherry Street in Historic Downtown Macon, Georgia. We'll probably stay for a couple of hours or until the last one leaves. The address is 430 Cotton Avenue, Macon, GA and their phone number is (478) 743-1368
    in case Ms. Garmin leads you astray.

As they say down South, "I'd Go a Long Way For a Nu-Way". ; ) Door prizes for longest, shortest, oldest, and youngest are under consideration. We don't have a Rally yet, but who knows what the future might bring.

Sincerely, Your Instigators at
    Large,
    Jim Weaver and Jack Ferguson
  16. Magnum1b

Magnum1b Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer:
    We had a great turn out to Nu-Way Weiners in Macon. We counted about 45 riders including 2011 Iron Butt Rally winner Peter Behm who rode over 1600 miles for a couple of hot dogs. He was riding his new Super Tenere.
  17. Ernbo6

Ernbo6 Iron Butt Association No 48951 Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm out of the country and am sorry to have missed this. It sounded like you had a great turn-out and hopefully you'll do this again. If I'm stateside I'm in.
  18. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year Everyone! :freaky

[​IMG]
  19. Mr&MrsErnbo

Mr&MrsErnbo Iron Butt Association No 48951

Oddometer:
    Not much taking place lately. Any rides for the Spring?:jump
    It might be fun to see some of ya'll again.
  20. Rushmarketing

Rushmarketing n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, I'm a new member, long-time road rider with a new (to me) totally unmolested KLR650 that is yearning to do some dual-sport/adventure touring with me at the helm. I live slightly south of Charlottesville, VA and am looking for a riding partner, group or organization that might help to facilitate my dreams. Any suggestions? Thanks!