Dual Sport Luggage Racks

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by jackpiner57, Mar 12, 2011.

1. lilgunz83

lilgunz83 n00b

Oddometer:
    Any updates on the DR650 rack?
  2. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi lilgunz83, thanks for your interest in my racks. I have a DR650 prototype fabricated but I have a few design changes to make before I start making them.

I'll post up when I have the R&D work done. Thanks, Tom
  3. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Well I ended up making a rack for Mikes KDX 200 which apparently fits the KLX 300 also. Happy trails Mike!
  4. mji294

mji294 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Tom,
    Thanks for taking the time to make the rack for my KDX.. it fit perfectly.. and looks good on the bike. It was great to be able to carry extra premix while riding the Hatfield McCoy trail system

I have a few pictures, can i email them for you to post on here? i dont have a photo hosting site

Thanks again for a great rack.

Mike

5. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting Mike, I'm glad it's working well for you! I'd love to see the pics, so I'll PM you my email.

Thanks, Tom
  6. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    I have made some design changes to the DRZ 400S racks to be compatible with anybody's side racks.

I thank CoursegoldKid for the excellent ideas and the kick in the ass to get me going on these necessary changes.

The flat bars are heavier now and have bends in them to mount to the backside of the subframe tabs. This leaves the tab clear for mounting of side racks without the flatbars interfering.
    [​IMG]

I've eliminated the two center tubes and made the mounting plate for the RotopaX mount longer.
    [​IMG]

Everything else is still the same as the old design.

Nuts are welded to the underside of the mounting plate for the RotopaX Mount. This allows quick mount/dismount.
    [​IMG]
  7. tommu56

tommu56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just thinking out loud could you put a list of products on the first page?

Do you have any thing for a TW200 or a WR250?

thanks

another tom
  8. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestions Tom! The DRZ-S rack is the only one I'm currently making for sale right now.

I am in the process of testing my DRZ-E top and side racks and they're still in the R&D phase.

The WR250R is on the list for R&D work and I hope to get to it in the next few weeks. I will consider the TW200 too!

I plan to make a list when I have more to offer. I'll be developing a website in the future too.

Thanks for the interest! - Tom
  9. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    I'll have a batch of racks ready to ship this afternoon. This is the new design that allows the attachment of any of the different side racks that are out there today.

I am designing side racks to go on the DRZ-S soon. They will accommodate the Wolfman bags and various others as well as pelican type cases. I am thinking of maybe making them able to accept the Givi mounting hardware. I was thinking the light and durable Givi E21 side cases might go well on the DRZ.

What do you all think? Would you put E21's on a DRZ?
  10. motoray

motoray Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tom turned it around really quickly and I already have a tracking number for my rack. Looking froward to getting it installed (and using it) soon.

Thanks, Tom!
  11. lilgunz83

lilgunz83 n00b

Oddometer:
    If only I could get one of those for my DR650... :evil
  12. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Soon......I'm a one man show, but it's coming. The DR rack will be a little bigger and will have side racks to go with it if desired.
  13. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    I just got a batch back from the powder coater, and they're ready to ship!

DRZ 400 S or SM Luggage Rack

This is a strong, lightweight rack with a large platform to mount a tail bag, dry bag, multiple bags, etc.

This is the newest design as of June 18th 2012

The TAT Rack

------------------

* Guaranteed to fit your DR-Z400 S or SM

* Easy bolt on installation with no drilling or hassles.

* Guaranteed against breakage

* Large 14" X 14" platform

* Weighs only 4.3 lbs

* Large bungee loops allow pass through of various sizes of Fastex type buckles and keep straps captive

* Mounting plate for quick and easy mount/dismount of the RotopaX Pack Mount. 1 gal. & 1.75 gal. Gas Packs fit this rack.

* Steel Tube Construction

* Satin Black Powder Coat Finish

* Sits flush with top of seat so the rack won't hit you in the lower back if you slide off the back

* Makes a good handle for pulling the bike out of the mud.

* All hardware is included.

P
    rice is:

$114.00 plus 14.00 shipping to anywhere in the USA

The flat bars are heavier now and have bends in them to mount to the rear of the subframe tabs. This leaves the tab clear for mounting of side racks without the flatbars interfering.

[​IMG]

I've eliminated the two center tubes and made the mounting plate for the RotopaX Mount longer.
    [​IMG]

Nuts are welded to the underside of the mounting plate for the RotopaX Mount. This allows quick mount/dismount.
    [​IMG]

Shown with the RotopaX mounting plate option and one gallon fuel pack. The new RotopaX 1.75 gallon fuel pack will fit on this rack!

[​IMG]
  14. motoray

motoray Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered a rack on 7/6 and received it 7/12. The rack looks to be very well made and a like the personalized instructions. Installed the rack today and used an cheap $12 tool bag from my local army surplus store to hold essentials. Used butterfly nuts to make it easy to change out.

(sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

Here's the rack:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, Tom!
  15. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Also, ordered and received the 400 DRZS rack - mounted up using the included hardware. Works great with an old Pelican top case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Motoray, I'm glad you like the rack and instructions! The surplus tool bag is a great cost effective solution. Thanks for posting the pics!

PS, how did you attach the bag with butterfly nuts?
  17. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Yosso, thanks for posting up some pics! I never thought about mounting a pelican to the rack when I designed it. Great water tight lockable security!

Did you just run a couple of 1/4" bolts through the case and into the RotopaX ready rack plate?
  18. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did use the RotopaX mounting points, but I also added two u-bolts (with tubing) on the rear with some UHMW spacers. The Pelican case seemed to flex too much with just the two 1/4" bolts.

Thanks again for offering an excellent product at a reasonable price point.
  19. Tnwineseller

Tnwineseller Glug Glug Glug

Oddometer:
    Ordered my rack on Saturday, received it on Tuesday. Looks great, solid construction. Pics to follow soon. Now i just need those side racks to mount the 1gal rotopax fuel and water on :wink:
  20. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Great idea on the u-bolts with flexible tubing! I'll have to remember that one.