Ebr 1190 ax

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Bbird, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Bbird

Bbird n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello
    I would like to start finding out about this new adventure bike in the making!
  2. Prior

Prior Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think we all do!

There's not been much chatter other than it's being planned and I bet it'll be sweet!
  3. argentcorvid

argentcorvid Some Guy

Oddometer:
    Erik and friends play their cards pretty close to their chest these days. I've heard it's mostly because they got burned by a pre-production/preview ride and review for the 1125R that one of the magazines put out and never bothered to come back for an update with the actual production model.

if you are quick and lucky, a source familiar with the organization will sometimes let details slip on certain forums, but he always comes back quickly to cover his tracks.
  4. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    In an interview in Cycle News last month, Erik said the AX will be coming out "a year or so from now". Sounds like we can expect the SX later this year.

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/262687

Click on the words "Interview- Erik Buell in the Catbird Seat" on the "magazine cover" to take you straight to the article.
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're not alone... I suggest you ride your Ulysses (or other Buell) for another year and then we can start talking about the Ax:lol3

Also, this motor makes 180 hp more or less. Does that strike anyone else as excessive for a 500# adventure bike? I mean fun and all but Jeez!
  6. clapped_r6

clapped_r6 The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer:
    can't wait to see it
  7. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm curious, but I hope it turns out better than the Ulysses.

:hide
  8. Bbird

Bbird n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks Hugh
    I only heard that it might have a hi-tech adjustable suspension! On the fly to transition from road to off-road! Maybe electro/mechanical (air suspension)?
    I only hope it has only around 155 hp instead of 185 for better Eco,reliability,
    And low end torque! More like what KTM did with their 1190 ADV! Also maybe a little longer wheelbase (55-56) in. Than the rx:clap
  9. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Me too. The U had a lot of promise, initially.
  10. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    ??? A lot of us are quite happy with our Uly's.

I'm sure the 1190AX is gonna be in a whole 'nother class, since it'll be going head-to-head with the latest ADV bikes, which have come a long ways since the Uly was introduced 2005.
  11. kag

kag Wander Lust

Oddometer:
    We all are hoping a something is coming from EBR to feed the adv market. Until then my Uly and KTM 1190 will just have to tide me over :D
  12. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    I hope EBR keeps the muffler underneath like the traditional Buell design. It allow the bike to be fitted with for very large saddlebags and no need for skid plates.
  13. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Any maybe make it so the muffler doesn't turn into iron oxide within weeks?
  14. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    Just have it powder coated and it'll be fine
  15. ronandkat

ronandkat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine is 7 years old, and other than being gutted for a Drummer, the exterior is all original and still black.
  16. BadKarma

Oddometer:
    Mine is only 5 years old but most of it's life was spent in Wisconsin and I think? they salt the roads there, no corrosion so far. Maybe they had a bad batch?:ear
  17. BadKarma

Oddometer:
    It looks like the 1190's so far have two mufflers, one under the engine, the other up and alongside the rear tire.
  18. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    According to a slide they showed at the unveiling last October in Orlando, the side-mounted portion is actually a quarter wave tuner:

[​IMG]

Note that there's no baffling in it and only one of the 2 pipes actually flows exhaust out the back. Supposedly this helped tune the engine to give a broad, flat torque curve. Pretty nifty.

At least one 1190RX owner posted on www.ebrforum.com that he already removed the secondary muffler and substituted 2 short elbows. He said it sounds good, but the effect on performance remains to be seen.
  19. dwenglis

dwenglis Long timer

Oddometer:
    just going to bump this thread since the 1190sx just got revealed. I am very curious what the ax will bring.
  20. chadhargis

chadhargis Too tall for sportbikes Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd love to know the specs on this bike. I've owned a couple of Buells and loved them. The Ulysses is possibly the best bike I've ever owned in terms of fun to ride. Yeah, it had some minor issues, but damn it was fun to ride.

I have a bad feeling that the AX is going to be a Multistrada fighter and be priced accordingly. I'm not in the market for a $15k+ motorcycle.