Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:

Picked this up on Sunday. Haven't had any real time to play with it. Bike is in excellent condition. Look forward to getting to know it better.
  2. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tank badges arrived, looked in the tank with a mirror and could see the studs from the inside so off the stock stick on badges came!

[​IMG]

Ka-nobbies, installed!

[​IMG]

:freaky
  3. soundcc

soundcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    please, anywhere (on two wheels), but not here
    It was not wet out. I filled the tank and rode two blocks home, lifted it unto the centerstand and the very full tank forced fuel out of the cap and into and out of the overflow-venting tube. By all accounts this leftover fuel in the tube could have help or been full cause of a nonventing tank. Your suggestion jogged my memory of the circumstances that lead to my demise and am now ever surer that I was under vapor lockdown.
    If the line is not straight down and out, it may create a sort of P-trap arrangement and therefore create its own failure.
    I long ago removed all extra hoses that felt superfluous and will recheck the drain-vent line out.
    Thank you, this has been much help.
  4. OCTMIKE

OCTMIKE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Scrambler has a exhaust hanger under passenger seat on right side also.
  5. CDONA

CDONA Home of Vortex tuning

Oddometer:
    Based in Spearfish SD. But rolled to there> >
    ^^ Is your evap canister full of gas? I've heard about the evap can filling with gas and choking off the slight air bleed that travels thru this system to vent fuel vapors back into the intake flow. The lack of this bleed air will effect idle & throttle response.
  6. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    I've been thinking that the Scrambler would be a great bike for me. I've been poking around in this thread and most everyone posts pics of the right side of their bikes. Someone "accidentally" :D posted a left hand shot and I almost swallowed my tongue. I had never noticed the rear brake caliper sticking down for any passing rock to demolish. What was Triumph thinking?? Is there a guard available or a way to relocate it? Here in New England we have rocks everywhere. I was thinking about riding the Scram on Jeep roads that have basketball sized rocks all over the place. How do you deal with this issue? (or is it a non issue?)
  7. twolf

twolf Dork

Oddometer:
    Nice shot of the rear knob! Did you go with a 140 Conti TK80?

8. tvscum

tvscum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The solution is to purchase the UpNOver caliper bracket from Triumph Twin Power:
    http://www.triumphtwinpower.com/upnover-caliper-bracket.php

[​IMG]
  9. soundcc

soundcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    please, anywhere (on two wheels), but not here
    All that stuff is in the city dump along with the AI as I felt it was only artificially intellegent to supercharge my exhaust gases and my bong never needed that much air injection, why should my other high.
  10. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi well since it return in 2009 (or that's when I saw it) the Scrambler has been in my short list of bikes I would like to have even if they are european (because of the price of maintenance...I think). All is good except 2 things, I believe it has tube tyoe tires, a chain and most important it is the exhaust!
    [​IMG]

So my question is, how hot is the exhaust? can you feel it? how about putting luggage? And over all does that have one, what do you like or not like about the bike?

I want it for just going around town or across the state and crossing into the USA on day trips, nothing like Alaska or Tierra del Fuego.

Thanks

Damasovi
  11. Cos

Cos Re-Greekified

Oddometer:
  12. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
  13. wildjester

wildjester Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Why are you yelling at me?
    He never said it ran shitty... he said it stopped running.
  14. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer

Oddometer:
    :huh Uh..what? Who's yelling?
    Yeah and being on reserve wouldn't make it stop running.
    I don't get this post at all.
  15. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    o I had not seen that one, only the one of the Bonneville, so I hope the question I ask is there before page 1000

Thanks

Damasovi
  16. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the Scrambler is cool looking, but after looking, reading, sitting on in showroom for several years, my take-away is that the Bonneville is more bike for less money, has more power, is just as usable "off-road", and is easier to put luggage on.
  17. ikeblue

ikeblue n00b

Oddometer:
    I currently have an '08 Bonneville and and '09 Scambler and dig them both.They are both capable on dirt roads or mexican highways! If I could only keep one it would be the Scambler.
  18. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Fitted a Thruxton blinker mount to clear the Thruxton seal protectors I fitted last week, it moves them in & lower

[​IMG]
  19. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Damas, I don't understand what you're saying above but:
    - I have a Scrambler and the heat of the exhaust has never be an issue for the legs. But I never rode it in shorts. Whith a thik jeans or leather pants it's ok.
    - for the luggage, you've got many solutions. The Ventura pack rack is for me one off the most beautiful as when no luggage the bike seems stock. You can also throw soft luggage on the seat and use the Triumph number plate to protect from heat.

I have test ridden the Scrambler and the Bonnie T100. I love much more the motor off the Scram as in low RPM he's like a Thumper or a little like a little HD Vtwin. I feel the Bonnie more electrical. But it is my feeling, each one has to made is own opinion.
  20. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    I have a Scrambler & Thruxton, The exhaust on the Scram can get hot in traffic when it's over 30c, not a big deal. I have the Ventura system & it's pretty good as well & I agree the Thruxton is smoother but I like that.

cheers Terry