Best sidecar bike in OZ ?

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Sidecarjohn, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

What's the front tyre. Needy minds need to know:evil:D
  2. TouringDave

TouringDave Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer:

Oh, game on bitch! :D
  3. turkey380

turkey380 turkey380

Oddometer:
    G`Day How about a BMW R100RS 70bhp With a home made leaner sidecar. Geared to 155 kph @7000rpm .Great pickup and ride through corners as fast as a solo. Can lock car to bike for loose dirt or sand.

Max
  4. TouringDave

TouringDave Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer:
    Max, sounds good. :clap
  5. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:
    If that's the Ducati Club Toad I know of, I have some prints buried somewhere of his P76 outfit that he took to one of the Black Duck Rallys years ago. Now that was a beast.

Clancy, what was the end result with the K60 scout, did you end up having to pay the fine?
  6. Slade 330

Slade 330 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Te Very One ---------- The very one known around Australia by many
    a collection of bikes that number into the hundreds
  7. Slade 330

Slade 330 Adventurer

Oddometer:

just a cheap arse Chinko Duro 130 x 90 x 17
  8. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks:thumb I'd be interested to know what you think after riding it for a while.
  9. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:

I spotted this thing last weekend, built by the same guy that built Eaglebeaks, Rowdy's and hopefully mine :evil. New owner is obviously riding the tits off it, was spotted down south last weekend as well as outside the Dwellingup pub where I had a long chat to the new owner. It really is a work of art, as said with height adjustable sidecar, car tyres on rear and same on sidecar, polished jerrycans on the back ( fuel range in excess of 700kms ). very nice bike.

If Toad says that it rides that well, then be assured that it does, Toad does know his chairs.

The builder is reknowned for his front ends and his work with GSX 14's.

After several head gaskets on My PD I've gone out and picked up a GSX in similar colour to this one ( same as Clancy's ) and now just waiting to get it in for the addition of my sidecar to the new tug.

Slade what was the MRA screen that you ordered, looked at the site and got all confused.
  10. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    I love the Tiger.
    Lots of down sides - small engine, it's only an 850. Thus, nearly guaranteed to be on the main jet all the time. So it sucks juice.
    Needs a sub-frame. Needs a re-design to the air filter (done).

But it is what I had at the time & it is doing the job that I want it to do.
    It's fun in the scrub, less so on the highway.

To stay with a Tiger, I'd go the 1050. That would need lots of work too, I suspect.

Otherwise, I'll vote for the Suzukis - 1400 or the 1250. Can you get A/T and M/T tyres for those wide wheels?

XJR or CB1300 ?

Much of the other stuff is starting to get old.
    Much of the new stuff is getting too technical and perhaps a bit light (fragile?) for an all road sidecar?
  11. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

Just a thought on screens. I got mine from Peter at Screens for Bikes. Not cheap but it's like anything else; you get what you pay for. This is the third bike of mine that he's made a screen for and I couldn't be happier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm only a short arse so it pushes the wind over the top of my helmet, but if you wanted something a bit taller I'm sure he'd do it.
  12. Slade 330

Slade 330 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the link to the fairing, I reckon it works great without being in ya face so to speak. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300809831643?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1276wt_907I spotted this thing last weekend, built by the same guy that built Eaglebeaks, Rowdy's and hopefully mine :evil. New owner is obviously riding the tits off it, was spotted down south last weekend as well as outside the Dwellingup pub where I had a long chat to the new owner. It really is a work of art, as said with height adjustable sidecar, car tyres on rear and same on sidecar, polished jerrycans on the back ( fuel range in excess of 700kms ). very nice bike.

If Toad says that it rides that well, then be assured that it does, Toad does know his chairs.

The builder is reknowned for his front ends and his work with GSX 14's.

After several head gaskets on My PD I've gone out and picked up a GSX in similar colour to this one ( same as Clancy's ) and now just waiting to get it in for the addition of my sidecar to the new tug.

Slade what was the MRA screen that you ordered, looked at the site and got all confused.[/QUOTE]
  13. Slade 330

Slade 330 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  14. Slade 330

Slade 330 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Sidecar John how are you weighing it up so far?
  15. Eaglebeak

Eaglebeak All roads rider, West Oz.

Oddometer:
    Hi Bully, maybe all the WA GSX outfit owners should turn up at this years Border Run ?
    There must be half a dozen or more by now.

Andrew.
  16. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:

I'll be there, leave early friday via the Hyden-Norseman camp out at the 90 mile, you coming this year ???

we have Vince, Rowdy, Slade, yourself, me and several others that don't frequent here, Chucky etc as well as Norm himself. With some planning we could do the telegraph track and then home via Rawlinna.
  17. Eaglebeak

Eaglebeak All roads rider, West Oz.

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to get a new job, so that might interfere with my plans.
    (hint, month on/month off)
    I'll know more in a month or so.

But all going well, I'll be there.
  18. Slade 330

Slade 330 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe we should do a day run meet up for a beer and organise a run , see how we go
    I am keen to ride at any opportunity, as you guessed!
  19. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:

I should have grabbed your number Slade, Loose bruce and myself are planning an overnighter down in Cuballing early may, as well as that Guzzimike and I are planning a "4 rocks ride" later in the year
  20. Sidecarjohn

Sidecarjohn SidecarJohn Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello Slade and other colonial inmates,
    This has all been most informative, so far. I have to say that I've loosely contemplated the Suzuki big uns for a while, and things may get a little more than "loosely". Not getting any younger, so you never know ?

Still prevailing with the Beemer K outfit, which we have put some time and effort into, but doesn't mean it's forever. However, a little reassurance, if possible.

BMWs do have, and have always had recognised problems, don't I know it, and some things only became known after joining the respective air head (two of em), and K (current tug) clubs. So, whilst it isn't likely a deal breaker, are there any skeletons in the Suzuki cupboard ? When contemplating spending the pension I will need some left for essentials such as food. I don't want to ask the missus to miss a few meals for some surprise problem.
    :lol3