AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Whizzy

Whizzy Arky by choice

Oddometer:
    Doe's and Hermann's are definitely overrated places to eat steak. The last great steak I've had in Fayetteville was at Coy's, but alas It closed year's ago. It has been awhile since I have eaten there, but Fred's Hickory House in Bentonville used to serve a pretty good, but expensive steak.

Nowadays if I want a good steak, I buy a good cut from an honest to God butcher and cook it myself.
  2. stuckin

stuckin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doc and scribe used both your ideas today and had my older two boys riding with a clutch in no time. Started them off on the house. then out fron there is a little dip in the grass. had them roll forward just using the clutch then back up and do it again and again. then there off.

Thanks for the ideas guys

stuck
  3. njoytheride

njoytheride NJOYN' THE JOURNEY Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guess I can leave some input on the Husqvarna TR650 Terra. I picked one after riding it one time. The best all around dual sport bike I've ever ridden. Put the DR650, WRR250R, XR650R and a F800GS together and that is the Terra. Very pleased in every aspect of this bike (I know that is a strong statement and only my opinon)
    How the the whole BMW..KTM..China...India...mess will end is open for debate. Guess I'll tell ya later. Would stink to see the bike discontinued because this platform has a lot going for it.
    Hey, just came up with the bikes name."TERRA-NNOSAURUS WRECK"
    The only steaks I get anymore are...." mistakes "
    last one I promise......After having cataracts removed from both eyes last year I'm having LASIK done this week. Begining to feel like I'm making a spectical of myself.
  4. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    OK, that's funny.

Hope the Husky runs great forever.

Seeing is good.
  5. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    Mornin fellers :wave

I believe this is to be the best way for a good steak anymore...Hi Mikey! :wave
  6. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    OK, now we're talking, Where's a good butcher around here?
  7. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dime's in SE Springdale or Richard's in Fayetteville off Rolling Hills near your favorite fabric store (Hancock's).
  8. ozarkrider

ozarkrider Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer:
    Had a good time in ES yesterday. Got to relax in the hot tub last night. But now,,,,

Time to saddle up and beat feet for home before it storms. :evil

Though I'll probably end up poking around on some back road till I get caught out in the wet. :lol3
  9. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    I know of two..closest one in fyv is over by hobby lobby kinda behind the hancock fabrics bldg..and the other one in bentonville just south of wal mart home office

D'oh..[​IMG] 205'd by Magoo
  10. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Well, I'd say it's a safe bet that the bike WON'T be continued since it's half BMW and half Husky parts. :lol3
  11. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    heh heh heh, he said Hancock. :lol3
  12. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Dang it's windy. I took the dogs for a walk and the littlest one almost got blown over.
  13. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:

Hey is Jamile's still good? We ate there some in the 90's but havent been there in a long time. Some of the recent reviews were bad so we didnt know if we wanted to try it again or not.
  14. stuckin

stuckin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    our friend across the street used to be a butcher. He gets all his meat from sams club in big chunks and cuts it himself. There is a butcher shop off the gateway exit in MO. Just before Joplin. Great smoked pork shops and a lot of good cuts of beef. There snack sticks are really good. Its a nice drive. Its called Hatfields. if ur ever riding by its worth going in to just smell the smoked meats. Wife likes the beacon ends to put in her beans. Its the best butcher shop we have been in out here so far. our friend is very hard to please being a retired butcher and he likes the place

stuck
  15. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Blowing pretty good out this way. Actually warm enough in the garage to be working on bikes in a T-shirt.
  16. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    That's a bit of a haul for me being on the SE side of Fayetteville. :D
  17. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    If I want good steak for grilling I get my meat at Sams Club. Just about everything else I get from Richards.
  18. stuckin

stuckin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just hope on one of your faster bikes Albie. You would get there pretty fast. There some nice side roads up there. Its a nice place to stop at get some of there beef snack sticks and a soda and some smoked pork chops and jump back on the bike. But if you taste the snack stick your ride home will not be as fast. you will keep stopping to have another one
  19. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    LOL, well then sounds like I need to take ride ove there. :D
  20. stuckin

stuckin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They have sodas and chips and candy. But the snack sticks and meat is pretty good. If you cook beans a lot the bacon ends really add a nice smoked taste to them, The pork chops are really good. Lots of other stuff to pick from.

stuck