moto-mule a cargo trailer to pull behind your dual sport motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by MrBracket, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Laconic

Laconic Old Normal

Oddometer:
    MrBracket,

I've been pleased with the Mule so far.

I might add another, more dirt oriented bike to my garage in the near future.

My Mule was built for a DL 650.

If I remove the two adapter brackets from the hitch, what bikes will the Mule fit?

DR 650? DRz 400?
  2. dirtrulz

dirtrulz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This may have been answered already but what do you have to do to liscence a small trailer like this. Is it like a sidecar and considered part of the bike since there is no hitch?
  3. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Looks like you had some FUN on the Santiam Wagon Rd,
    out there by Mt Washington.

How'd the trailer handle those sandy whoops?
  4. MrBracket

MrBracket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, if you remove the DL650 adapter and get a new skewer and bushings from me, your trailer can fit many different bikes. Just let me know the bike you end up getting and I can set you up with the parts you need.
  5. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    This depends on where you live. So far, I only know of one customer that has licensed his trailer and he did only because he wanted to. The important thing is not to block the view of your license plate and lights on the bike itself.
    For added safety, I do offer a lighting kit that you can wire into your bikes tail lights.
  6. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    I did indeed enjoy the wagon road! And many of the trails and roads in that area. I was shocked how many trails where up there! The trailer handled very well. The silt was so deep in spots I couldn't see the trails, it was like riding through water almost... Only crashed once, deep silt and an off camber corner a little too fast..... slid out, nothing bad. I even pulled the trailer through a bunch of the OHV trails they have there next to Big Lake, it did great. I rode from the East end of the senic bypass route to Big Lake and out onto Hwy126 at Hoodoo, all on dirt trails and wagon roads. I will do more exploring up there, it was really fun!
  7. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Alright then, when will there be a model for the R1150GS. I need this Mule for my GS camping.

hummmmmmmmm, how can it be done on a single sided swingarm?
  8. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Back a few pages...check out Mr. Fisherman's setup on his 1150
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19333720&postcount=325

BTW, Mike, AKA, Mr. Bracket,....I PM'd a question a couple of days ago....
  9. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Thanks
  10. GSA GIRL

GSA GIRL Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm very unhappy with my trailer. It just sets in the garage looking so Lonely. I walked by it the other day and I heard it whisper that it wanted to run away from home. My 08 KLR-650 is setting on the lift on a Battery Tender. My 2010 GSA needs a Valve Adjust and I'm sure Oil Changes are needed all around. Nothing has turned a wheel since late September. Yes, I'm an IBA Member and not a wheel has turned since Late September. With the Economy as it is, I've not been able to walk away from all of the available overtime at work. I sure do miss ridding. This Summer is going to be great!!!!!!!!!!! :clap
  11. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    How much for these 08+ KLR brackets?? [​IMG]
  12. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    What you using them for? Would you need the wing bolts too?
  13. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    no wing bolts, just the chain ajust thing a ma bobs.
  14. hatfirst

hatfirst Adventurer

Oddometer:
    this would work great to haul my federal tax booty to the bank:rofl Got to thank them politician's
  15. bee-rad

bee-rad n00b

Oddometer:
    I figure I may as well post a picture of my set-up. I am still working on a wireless turn signal set-up which should be done soon. If I have a trail clearing expedition this spring I can carry a chainsaw where the rifle case is mounted which ultizes the same Kolpin mounting bracket.

I experienced a flat tire on the first outing, and have since installed a motorcross front tire and a 4mm thick tube. The wheel bearings were the next items to go. Not too shabby given they have seen over 10,000K now. Getting the bearings out was a chore, and I actually ended up destroying the original axles with the hydraulic press, so I machined a new set.

I bashed holes right through the original Action Packer in short order and have since replaced it with a pelican case. Its hard to see, but I have a bash bar protecting the leading edge of the Pelican case from boulders etc.

The Husaberg pulled this around for a good part of hunting season as my daily driver is a Jetta. I did manage to find 2 deer!

[​IMG]
    smilin jack likes this.
  16. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    bee-rad, your set up looks great! Great to see. Glad to see it's getting so much use!

What model pelican case is that?
  17. Lutz

Lutz Fuzzy Rabbit

Oddometer:
    Likewise, I think that's a really nice setup, bee-rad. If you don't mind the tangent, did you haul the deer out on the bike and/or moto mule?
  18. bee-rad

bee-rad n00b

Oddometer:
    Its a 1620 Pelican Case. It just fits. I removed the plastic luggage handle and wheel contraption and then welded up a mounting plate with integrated bash bar. The only gripe is the rear most latch hits the shock tower & its tricky to get your fingers in between the steel plates to snap it open, however I wanted the case as low as possible so the rifle would clear.
  19. bee-rad

bee-rad n00b

Oddometer:
    I didn't because I harvested 2 deer as a double header with 45 minutes of daylight left. I raced back to the campsite on the Berg and asked for some help from the neighbors using my car motorcycle trailer and their 4x4. I didn't hit the hay until 3am that evening by the time I had both deer processed, & it would have been hours more if I tried to haul them out with the moto-mule. Perhaps next year I may find the circumstances right where I can use the moto mule to haul a deer out. I have too say, I did many days of pure riding (while keenly watching the forest for animals) and then had days where I purely walked around in the bush hunting. I had more run-ins with wildlife while on the motorcycle then on foot, even with all of the racket a dirtbike makes.

Some of you may recognize the trailer from its prior life before I got my hands on it...
    [​IMG]
    smilin jack likes this.
  20. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Nice setup :thumb