Vintage Enduro, NJ Pine Barrens Apr 2009

Discussion in 'Racing' started by jack splash, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Hey: We are tossing an idea around for a new event, at least new in the USA, they have been doing it in Europe for a while now.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    "Vintage Enduro" that’s right, late 70's / early 80's street legal enduro bikes in a "Rough Reliability Run" format. One rider per minute, trying to hit the check points at the 30-second mark. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    The bike requirements would be no water cooling or disk brakes, mono shocks OK. The details would have to be worked out, but thats the overall plan.

We would have the event in the Spring of 2009, in the NJ Pine Barrens.

Any Interest?

Jack / Grimmy

2. ROSKO

ROSKO The Dirty Knacker

Oddometer:
    Jack, I re-posted that to the NYC vintage motorcyclists mailing list. If there is any interest I'll PM you. You may also want to contact AHRMA vintage, plenty of MX riders in the area.

Also, would there be a specific year cut-off?
  3. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
  4. chappy

chappy Porkchop Sandwiches

Oddometer:
    I would really like to get into Vintage offroad one day, I need to hang out around the Ahrma guys are Barber this year and get an idea of what class, bike, etc. would be a good start.
  5. grimmboy

grimmboy Chris Grimm

Oddometer:
    There is no specific year cut-off. Drum brakes front and rear, no disc brakes. No water cooled engines. Bikes must be street legal for the state which they are titled and insured.

No navigiation equipment, roll-chart and stop watch.

That's a lot of no's but all the Yes's are Husky's, Bultaco's, IT's, DT's, PE's, Can-am's, Penton's, and the list goes on.......

Grimmy
  6. Ridin Dirty

Ridin Dirty What day is it?

Oddometer:
    If you want to get the word out to more East Coast vintage guys contact American Classic Racing. They run all up and down the East Coast and I'm sure alot of those guys would enthusiastically support such an event. www.ACRMX.com
  7. 305racer

305racer Fossil Rocket Pilot

Oddometer:
    I can damn near guarantee that if you put this together that I and possible several others will come up and run our Triumphs. I spent till 14yo between LBI,Tuckerton and New Gretna and would love to have an excuse to ride those areas again and visit some family.
    You may wanna put this to the guys over at the vinduro.com group as well since they are pretty serious about running vintage enduros.
  8. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Hey: Ride the Pine Barrens 300 next month.

www.pinebarrens500.org

Jack
  9. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Hey: I rode the Scrub Pine Enduro this weekend, and used "Vintage Time Keeping" . No vintage bike yet.

An Odometer, Route Sheet and a watch. When I first started riding enduros in the mid 70"s, digital watches were just coming out, and we used "VDO" speedometers, they were resetable and accurate, and made the route sheet by hand on adding machine paper. We won't be that strict, but I think the concept will be no enduro computers, just a watch, odo and route sheet, which we will print out.

[​IMG]

Jack
  10. 1981 Maico

1981 Maico .

Oddometer:
    Hi, Any word on the vintage enduro latley?? thank you
  11. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    the key to a good start on a vintage bike is being at the top of a hill you can roll it down.
  12. Flanny

Flanny Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
  13. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Hey: The Vintage Enduro has been on the back burner for a while, but thanks for reviving it. The event has potential, I think we need at least 40 riders to make it work. The response from this site and the East Coast Enduro Assoc site shows some intrest. I think we need to contact the links provided in the threads to the vintage groups and see how much intrest there is from them.

I'll start working on that this week. If anyone else has contact info for groups that may be intrested, please forward them to me.

My email is jack-bsm@comcast.net

Thanks
    Jack
  14. fasteddy

fasteddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Southern Ontario, Canada ( Niagara Peninsula )
    Hi Jack,

Started my enduro racing days back in 1974, that would make me vintage I would think. If I can find a Can Am, I'm in!! Who needs a stinking computer

Ed...
  15. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Ed: Good to hear from you. There's a lot of vintage riders out there, like us, now we just have to get the bikes.:lol3

Things are starting to come together, We have a start location and some nice new fire cuts (no whoops). I'll know more today when I talk to one of our vintage guys. I have to pick a date that dosen't conflict with ECEA events. It looks like this spring is still doable.

Jack
  16. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    give me a vintage bike and I'll ride it.
  17. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
  18. grimmboy

grimmboy Chris Grimm

Oddometer:
    PE and the Hodaka, just my vote.

Grimmy
  19. 305racer

305racer Fossil Rocket Pilot

Oddometer:
    www.ahrma.org/bikeweek/09_race_schedule.pdf
    Here is the link to the '09 AHRMA schedule. Hopefully you will be able to plan around these dates.
  20. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    I would like to play- I would sure consider coming down. I might have to fudge the bike specs a little- mostly it would be a modern front end but the rest of the bike would be vintage :-)

in any event I'd come just to play and ride- competition would be negotiable.