Broncos Country

Discussion in 'Sports' started by spanky, Sep 18, 2009.

1. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    That is deluded....Tebow is stronger, faster, more physical with the same heart Flutie has. Tested off the charts. You may not have thought much of Josh as a head coach, but he knows QB's and has a track record.

Denver's issues are larger than a single position. Orton must not have wanted to say that in a presser and did it on the field.

Perhap's some of your problem is, dare it be said, the great one making personnel decisions.
  2. Norhasken

Norhasken Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer:
    Nonsense, anyone who has bought into the Tebow hype is foolish. This is a Broncos team that needs real help on the field, not just the delusion of Tebow as a real option, which he is not.

Your quarterback comment about Josh is really deluded, he left the Broncos without a quarterback that can win in the platoffs, quarterbacks that are essentially unproven or castoffs. McDaniels left the Broncos in a state that it will take a few years to recover from, which will require replacing all the quarterbacks currently on the team.
  3. Norhasken

Oddometer:

A loss is a loss, no matter how good it feels. :lol3
  4. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    :huh Do you even know what the Bronco's look like? Josh was never given the proper time to develop a QB in Denver. He probably was not ready for the head coach position just yet. Was Cutler the answer...no one thought so at the time with all the whining about his inconsistent play. Cutler made that deal happen by being a baby. That left a mad scramble, for a terrible team. Brady Quinn would develop nicely under the tutelage of McDaniel's. Not going to happen now.

Tebow is a winner. That is not hype, that is validated throughout his young life. Unless you think winning is hype; a philosophy which, apparently, Denver has aspired to as of late
  5. Norhasken

Oddometer:

There is not enough quarterback talent on the team to bother with development on. None of the current ones are going to win playoff games or championships.

I see that you have completely bought into the Tebow hype and that is clouding your objectivity. That explains the content of your posts now. Your best hope for Tebow is that he gets traded to a team that will make the development investment in him that he sorely needs. :lol3

Be careful with how you invest your zealous fanboy emotions. You may be disappointed.
  6. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    While it is likely that a particular successful NFL quarterback was a winner in Pop Warner, high school, and college,
    it is unlikely that a randomly selected successful Pop Warner, high school, and college quarterback will succeed in the NFL.

As athletes progress up the ladder of success, they're all successful until they're not. .99 of winners at one level do not succeed at the next.
  7. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Horse manure.........if the coach has a brain and uses Tebow's assets without trying to ram a square peg into a round hole they will see success. Is Fox that guy? I doubt it anymore than I think the great one is going to be good at rebuilding this team. Expect more dismal results for the near future. Tebow will win, a lot, somewhere. The other lad talks about post season a lot, took the great one a long time to get much accomplished there too. Winning a playoff game is like kissing your sister. Sure she's a girl, but the not the right one. Only one game counts. Tebow has won all the big games he was in, he will continue that trend. Mr. Pat needs to stop reacting and start thinking....
    f
    If there is justice, Tebow ends up with McDaniel's somewhere and they start crushing all comers.

Hah, update: Jamie Dukes just about concurred with me word for word. He did not put in the part about Fox & Elway competence...but the Tebow part and how to use him spot on.
  8. Norhasken

Oddometer:
    Brady Quinn went to go see his injured gymnast girlfriend today.

Good use of the bye week.
  9. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
  10. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:

1. Let's look at his track record of one--Tom Brady. Brady is one of the greats of the current NFL. But is that due to Tom Brady, Josh McD or Belichick? He was there then-- but responsible? :dunno

What's Cassel doing these days? That remarkable coaching didn't seem to stick. KC keeps hoping they'll get LUCKy.

2. Personnel Decisions--- Elway, for good or bad has been there one year. But, let's look at your Hero's decisions:

Draft: none of his 2009 second round draft pics are still with the Broncos.
    "Factor in the enormous quantity and the poor quality, and it may go down as the worst second-round selections in the history of the NFL draft. " M. Klis Denver Post.
    Tebow too much given for what we've seen. If he'd been mid second round, maybe. But first. No. Moreno, same could have gotten as productive of RB later. Do teams in this day and age really want to waste a high first for a RB?

Then there are the trades: Cutler-- to quote Elway, "the kind of player you don't give up on." Looked pretty decent with NO OFFENSIVE LINE last night against Detroit. Yes, he has issues. But then maybe a great QB's coach could have been the one to coach him up?

Tony Sheffler-- a solid Tight End

Peyton Hillis-- yep he's just sucked at Cleveland. I'd take him over Knowshon any day. A Hillis/McGahee would be a pretty damn good backfield duo.

Brandon Marshall-- a bit of a head case- diagnosed Bi-Polar :nod But a top receiver, especially good after the catch. Something the Broncos could use where they have QB's that max at about 15 yard throws.

Yes sir, the Broncos problems are more than at QB. It certainly doesn't help that the Boy Wonder traded away some of their best talent and brought in second tier players. Damaging would be the word.

Sorry, I'm not convinced he is the QB wunderkind you seem to believe he is. Let's see a data set of more than one.

Tebow? I like the enthusiasm and up amplitude he brings to the game. I know he didn't have much time under center until this week, but he every play--other than designed QB runs-- can't look like a broken play. I hope for the best. But, I don't think it will take long for NFL defences to figure out how to play him. (See Vick- with a much more accurate arm)
  11. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Actually, Cassel is not doing bad. He just gets the blame. Four TD passes this week. If he gets time, he throws great. I'm mostly happy with Cassel, but Luck would be a great one for a quarterback-in-waiting. I'm not too impressed with Palko. No idea about Stanzi. He hasn't played enough to know anything about him.

I think Denver is doing the right thing going with Tebow. He ads a spark that Orten just doesn't have.
  12. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    That was my whole argument in a nutshell. If Denver is out of it and Orton isn't getting it done, why keep beating a dead horse and trotting him out there week after week. He'll never be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but maybe he can be at least a chep imitation of Michael Vick or Cam Newton. At least Tebow is fun to watch and the guys respond to him. Whether or not he becomes a successful starting QB is irrelevant at this point. He's all they have. I'll at least watch the games when he's in. Orton had gotten so stale that it was painful to watch.

Quinn was put in to play the last pre-season game in order to 1) knock Tebow out of the #2 spot or 2) showcase himself so that a team with QB problems (Seattle, Miami) may take notice and make a trade offer for him. Quinn did neither. In fact, according to sources, he played himself out of the #2 spot.
  13. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Lloyd on the block? WTF? Is McDaniels still making decisions?
  14. Norhasken

Oddometer:
    :facepalm if Brandon is up for trade.
  15. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    They could be stockpiling picks in case they need/can trade up for Luck.
  16. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Stockpile away then boys. :freaky
  17. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    ...and starting for YOUR St Louis Rams......at wide receiver.......Brandon LLOYD!!
  18. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    A sixth? :eek1
  19. Crocodile Tears

Crocodile Tears Powerful Truth Angels Supporter

Oddometer:
    WTF, did they put him up on craigslist? Holy lowball :eek1
  20. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    I bet they got a nice set of Ginsu Knives thrown in on the deal though.