TugHill / Adirondacks ride

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by koyote, Jun 28, 2010.

1. koyote

koyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anybody planning on riding this weekend? I'm thinking about either the hill or venturing to the Adirondacks. Maybe Stillwater, Old Forge, Speculator or beyond for a day trip. :ricky
  2. V8

V8 .

Oddometer:
    Great riding in the Adirondacks.
    Berardi3 likes this.
  3. hockey

hockey LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer:
    I’ll probably be out this weekend. That ride up though <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Stillwater</st1:place></st1:City> is a great ride. There is a road off the Seasonal part of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Stillwater</st1:place></st1:City> I’ve been wanting to explore.
  4. koyote

koyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like Saturday is best for me. Let me know if you would like to meet up somewhere. I'm leaning towards Old Forge then over to Eagle Bay onto Big Moose-Stillwater area.
  5. hockey

hockey LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer:
    Saturday could be tight. I have a party in the evening. What times are you thinking of?
  6. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    I'll join you on one of these rides sometime this year. Gotta miss this one, though. Me and the bike are both undergoing/recovering from surgery. Stop by my place on Number Four Road on the way through for a break/drink/adjust/whatever.
  7. koyote

koyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hockey, actually now Sunday looks to be the better day. I found out that I also have a get together Saturday evening. I'm up for anything and an early start time is fine with me.

Chuck, sorry to hear your down. Should be riding right by your place, whereabouts on Number 4 are you located? Would love to take a peek at your 950.
  8. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    PM sent...well, sending.
  9. hockey

hockey LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer:
    :clap I have all day Sun & Mon to ride. I actually was thinking of an overnight up to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Lake Placid</st1:place> Sunday but I would be satisfied with a day ride. I’m usually an early riser so any time you want is fine.
  10. onetworide

onetworide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Queen of the Finger Lakes, Auburn...the sign says
    I'm near Auburn and wondered if anyone is heading along on this one from the Finger Lakes area?
  11. koyote

koyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be coming down from the north. Rt 12 to either Moose River Rd or Woodgate Rd then 28 towards Old Forge.

Hockey I'm hoping to leave my place at 8:00 AM should be to either Woodgate or Old Forge at around 9-9:15 depending on route I take. Whereabouts would you like to meet up? I don't have a destination in mind so if you have anything in mind thats fine with me, or we can wing it.

Anybody else? This is a nice scenic area! :clap
  12. alfredman22

alfredman22 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. hockey

hockey LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer:
    I’ll either come up the gorge road (46) into Boonville or there is a nice back road up through Star Hill that dumps out on to 12 probably less than a mile south of Burger King. If you are coming through or close to Boonville, could meet at Slims’s for coffee and or breakfast. Or at the beginning or end of either <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Moose River Rd</st1:address></st1:Street> or Woodgate.
    :ear
    As for destination. No plans are great! If you want to stick to pavement that’s fine. If you want to explore some seasonals there is an area I started exploring last month just past OF around <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Rondax</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Lake</st1:placeType></st1:place>. I think you can take them to <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Big Moose Rd</st1:address></st1:Street> then there is another up to Raquette. We can always go up through MRP! LOL I think my warning is up. It’s been a year!

14. bpken11

bpken11 Back to the Dirt

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a great day. If you have room for one more I can meet you at Slims (ok, where is Slims). I'm riding out of Camden if anyone wants to meet up and ride up with me.
  15. hockey

hockey LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer:
    If you want to ride down through <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rome</st1:place></st1:City> I’ll meet up with you and we can ride up to Slim’s. You know where Hess is on <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Black River Blvd</st1:address></st1:Street>? I be filling up there a little after 8am. :rofl
  16. onetworide

onetworide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Queen of the Finger Lakes, Auburn...the sign says
    That's a great road. Have a great ride, wish I could join you.
  17. bpken11

bpken11 Back to the Dirt

Oddometer:
    Hess, Is that the one around Herb Philipson's?

I think I know where it is, I'll find it. I'll be there 8am Sunday.
  18. koyote

koyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll figure on being in Boonville at around 8:45-9:00ish. Whereabouts is Slims? I was hoping my new Sargent seat was going to be in before the ride but it don't look like thats going to happen. :cry Looks like its going to be a great day. :clap
  19. koyote

koyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me know about the Allegheny ride! I've always wanted to check the area out.
  20. hockey

hockey LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer:
    Slims is on mane street. Actually I don’t know if it’s really “<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Mane Street</st1:address></st1:Street>” but it seems to be Boonville’s mane street. I think there is an ACE <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hardwar</st1:place></st1:City> on the same side and a bar across the street next to a grocery store.

See ya there.