Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by natedog39, Aug 11, 2014.

1. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Just get GoPro eitherway.:1drink

Safe trip home boy's.:deal
  2. natedog39

natedog39 Borderline Beefcake

Oddometer:
    Toto,,,,,,,,we're not in Kansas anymore...............
  3. natedog39

Oddometer:
    Welcome to Missouri,, here's a nail for your tire.
  4. scudrunner82

scudrunner82 combustion addict

Oddometer:

Thanks bud. Not headed home yet though! Lots of twisties to rip up in the Smokies first :evil

Lots of good go pro footage.
  5. luckychucky

luckychucky Long timer

Oddometer:
    I aint never heard of a man walking a turtle. That is the stuff that makes me want to live another day just to see what's next. :clap
  6. natedog39

Oddometer:
    That was cool stuff for sure.

I think we're in your neck of the woods as of this moment.
  7. scudrunner82

Oddometer:
    Epic day on our last day in Moab. We got a bit of a late start but made good time. After a mean breakfast in town we headed out around 11 am for white rim. 100 glorious miles in the middle of the high desert. You really get a sense of being "out there" on this trail. We didn't see another soul for a good 4 hours upon entering it.
    We went counter clockwise, so the sun would be at out backs as the day wore on.

Nate drops down into the entrance of the canyon.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

It was a high of about 92 degrees but it never feels that hot in the desert. I felt myself getting dehydrated early in the day. I drank as much as I could but never felt great all day. Nevertheless we made good progress through the sandy terrain. I'm not very fast in sand and Nate ended up waiting for me a lot. I made my way in 2nd gear like a tortoise.

Here we stop for a snack break, seeking refuge under a rock, from the sun.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

The scenery was great all day. Up and down all along the cliff face for 100 miles. It went by quickly.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Here I drop down one of the few challenging sections. A couple technical hill climbs keep your attention.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

What a poser.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

We actually found signs of civilization about 60 miles into the ride. A couple other ADVers headed the opposite direction. They even heard of Team Ghetto :clap

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

What a great name for a camping spot.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

My perfectly lubed chain is no longer attached to a perfectly clean bike :huh

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

We were able to make a run of white rim in about 6 hours with breaks. Here is Nate headed for the Shaefer Switchbacks at the end of the ride.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Gratuitous 1190R picture. Why? Because I'm the one doing the updates, that's why.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

We didn't quite get our fill off Moab off road with the trail, so we did round 2 of Gemini Bridges back to the cabin. That made for a 150 mile day, of which roughly 120 on dirt.
  8. scudrunner82

Oddometer:
    Day 12.

Kansas is flat.

End of day 12.
  9. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:

:lol3
  10. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. avc8130

avc8130 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's so much crap in the middle. We need another tectonic shift to push the Rockies and the Appalachians together.

:freaky
  12. Rodknee

Rodknee the post is mightier than the sword...

Oddometer:
    that looks like a painting. awesome.
  13. Skullsplitter

Skullsplitter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice meeting Y'all on the WRT. We were delirious by the time we finished. Not sure I want to see sand for quite a while!
  14. natedog39

Oddometer:
    Hey there, I was hoping to hear from you guys.

Feel free to post up any pictures you have from your ride, especially that BMW down off of Ophir pass.
    We'd like to see that.:D
  15. scudrunner82

Oddometer:
    Good to meet you guys too! We're you on the 690 or the 800?

Did you guys run out of water? We had plenty but it was hard to drink enough to stay hydrated!
  16. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. natedog39

Oddometer:
    If you look where the rock juts out a little on the left side of the picture there's a bike there.
  18. natedog39

Oddometer:
    Got home last night all safe and sound,sorry for the silence the last couple days been really busy.
    Now I can load up the pictures I took with my phone and take a more active role here.

Stay tuned.
  19. scudrunner82

Oddometer:
    After spending the night in Salina Kansas we made our way towards a camping spot in the Ozarks of Missouri. We pulled over, under a bridge to put on our rain gear to prepare for another impending storm.

Not long after, and thankfully after the rain stopped Nate noticed his tire going flat. It couldn't have happened at a better location. About 100 yards from a gas station.

We pulled in, I got my tools out and we had a new tube in place in less than 30 minutes. The rim strip was damaged as well, so we re-wrapped it with duct tape to be safe. I even got to use my super fancy aluminum KTM tire levers I bought specifically for the trip. :clap

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]
  20. scudrunner82

Oddometer:
    After another night in the tents, we headed towards Nates Aunt and Uncles house just north of Chattanooga Tennessee. We arrived in the afternoon to a warm welcome. They both proved southern hospitality is still alive and well. A home cooked dinner and warm beds to sleep in. They asked us all about our trip and we showed them our pictures on their Apple TV (which is awesome by the way)

Wonderful people they were. They sent us off the next morning with yet another feast of a breakfast, and because no ride report is complete without food pics...

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Being in Chattanooga put us in position to attack some of the best roads Tennessee and North Carolina have to offer.
    After riding a motorcycle all over this country, as well as several other countries overseas, this area stands as the best twisty roads anywhere in my opinion. Perfectly smooth, banked corners and the fuzz leaves you alone... You can't go wrong no matter where you're riding down there.

We only had one day to play in this area but we definitely made the most of it.

Pictures coming up once the Killboy website emails me my files :evil