Schuberth C3 PRO available

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bastimentos, Oct 9, 2012.

1. bastimentos

bastimentos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone,

Curious to hear if anyone has experienced the new C3 PRO helmet, as it sounds like Schuberth have tried to listen to customers feedback in designing the new lid and it sounds like a pretty well resolved piece of gear.

http://www.schuberth.com/en/motorcycle/c3-pro.html

Bits I noted :

* All new liner (a common gripe among C3 owners from what I've read) made from Coolmax® and micro-fibre, all parts can be removed and washed.

* 60% greater supply of fresh air through the vents than the C3.

* 82db at 100km/h (quietest helmet they've ever made).

* New spoiler - helmet remains totally pendulum neutral in the air-flow even while riding at high speed, has no buffeting and generates zero lift.

* Matches their S2 integrated helmet by adding two built-in antennas for improved Bluetooth (the antennas are pre-set for use with their SRC communication system).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Kilroy was here

Oddometer:
    I wonder if their pinlock system is less fussy than the original C3.
  3. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I wonder if they fixed the forehead tattoo feature?
  4. Digitdion

Digitdion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Best helmet ever!
  5. bastimentos

bastimentos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to assume they have taken on customer feedback with the new liner, but I'm keen to find this out too.

Referring to the new PRO model? Could you share your experience with it?
  6. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    Be a cold day in hell before I'll drop another $600-700 US to wear a helmet that painfully brands your forehead. I was ver disappointed that this fault only becomes evident after wearing the helmet for over an hour, precluding an in store try on as a way of selecting this otherwise nice helmet. Too bad, I went with a Neotec and am happy. Don't see where this is much more than orig C3.
  7. ktmrider01

ktmrider01 l33t rider

Oddometer:
    I saw RevZilla had a Schuberth C3 Pro listing on their site so I gave them a ring.

Unfortunately they said they had not heard anything official on a DOT version, but from what they gathered this helmet would not replace the C3, but would be an even more premium option at a higher price point than the C3 (no exact details on pricing yet) and coexist with the C3 in the helmet line. They expected fitment issues to be resolved and expected/hoped to see a DOT version sometime next year (most likely Q2).
  8. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    I know how much it sucks having a helmet grind your forehead,its really a matter of fit,not the helmet's fault. We all know that though.
    Ive spent a lot of time wearing helmets that slowly grind the ft of my head down, Shoei some how has solved this on their new helmets,for my head anyways. Ive got a Hornet and and RF-1100 and they're both all day helmets,no pain.

This fancy looking Schuberth looks the part though!
  9. spyder3

spyder3 n00b

Oddometer:
    Like many, i had the forehead issue with the C3 . What solved it for me was to place an S2 liner in the helmet. Problem solved. The new C3 pro also uses the S2 type liner.
  10. araspitfire

araspitfire Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I skipped over the C3. Wore a C2 since 2005.

I feel the C3Pro is equal quality to my C2. Fit is similar. Really gotta love the pinlock over the stupid coating they used on the C2. Rode to work today (on my scooter) in nearly freezing temps, in the rain.. no fogging at all. (20 minute ride) No leakage from the top of the visor.

I have a Scala Rider G9, and they put the smoked visor actuator slider in the way... I'll have to accept a short mic boom as the unit will need to mount behind the slider. Maybe Scala will make a longer boom??

Mounting speakers is a joy, the liner snaps over oval shaped speaker slots. Easy to position, lots of room for the ears.

It's a lot quieter (on my scooter) than my BMW enduro helmet. And a lot warmer.

I only heard about issues with the C3.. but I am liking the Pro..

Al...
  11. petzi-baer

petzi-baer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Luckily - I don't seem to to have any of these problems. I have 2 helmets as I just bought an XD4. The C3 is very quiet compared to the XD4 - daaah. Obviously, the C3 is better than it comes to wind noise, but what surprised me was how much the C3 shields off the engine noise as well. If the C3pro promise 60% more fresh air - that's a good thing,, as I feel that is a shortcoming of the C3.

I also like the idea of the bigger antennas for the new Intercom system

petzi-baer
  12. IKIGAI

IKIGAI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Well,...the front vents are different, can you see that?

And the chin curtain is different, can you see that?

And what about the slider mechanism,...yep different too, can you see that?

And the cheek pieces (and more likely the full liner) have more padding, can you see that too?

For fuck sakes, the exterior shell is entirely different,...can you see that?! :norton

Here,...this one's just for you.......:lol3
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t782mw53ibE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  13. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    That matte black looks awesome...but I think I'll have to stick with white for visibility. Anyone have an update on when they will arrive in U.S.?
  14. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:

Well,...the front vents are different, can you see that?

And the chin curtain is different, can you see that?

And what about the slider mechanism,...yep different too, can you see that?

And the cheek pieces (and more likely the full liner) have more padding, can you see that too?

For fuck sakes, the exterior shell is entirely different,...can you see that?! :norton

Here,...this one's just for you.......:lol3
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t782mw53ibE?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>[/QUOTE]

Well, at least they put in a new lining to address the skull crushing one. Can you see this? :ken :dizave
    Enjoy your CoolAid :)
  15. KullZilla

KullZilla Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer:
    As an FYI, Schuberth has an improved liner now available that they are using on their S2 Helmets which we have been told resolves this issue. It is 100% compatible with the C3 and will be the same liner that comes stock in the C3 Pro.
  16. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    Excellent
  17. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    Are some women having the same issue withe the C3-W?
  18. adimotor

adimotor n00b

Oddometer:
    I bought this helmet in white colour, a week ago, I rode my bike over 500 km, it rained about 100 km, not foggy visor with pinlock mounted, sun visor handles easily, ventilation from top, feel inside even the inner lining is adjusted for winter (that 2 inside channels are closed), size XL weights only 1680 grams with pinlock fitted, the quality of the interior material is very, very good. I run with 180 km/h and I had no problem. The lid is silent, closing system (ratchet) works easily and is slightly different from the c3. This helmet is excellent.
  19. abach06

abach06 n00b

Oddometer:
    been looking at this lid for a few weeks now; have been hesitant to spend so much, but from everything I have read and the reviews I've seen on other helmets you get what you pay for. Going to pull the trigger after the next paycheck. :clap
  20. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fitment on this helmet is still challenging. I got a huge hot spot from it after wearing it for 20 minutes and had to return it.

The Arai I got to replace it is perfect.