Held Warm n Dry: how much will they stretch?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Phat Ham, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just bought a pair of Held Warm N Dry gloves over the interwebs. Tried them on and they fit pretty well. Not super snug, but overall a pretty good fit. I also have a pair of powerlet heated glover liners that I will use with the Helds when it gets real cold out. With the liners on the Helds are really snug. I can get them on without having to push and pull or squeeze or anything like that, but they may be a tiny bit too snug to be comfortable. Will the Helds stretch out a little bit or is this the size they will stay? I don't really want to go to the next size up because then they will be too big when I'm not wearing the liners.
  2. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    In general, gore-tex anything doesn't really stretch that much.
  3. ph0rk

ph0rk Doesn't Care

Oddometer:
    I've had mine for over a year, and they haven't stretched like held's plain leather gloves will. Same for the Rain Stars.
  4. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    they don't stretch much.

I'm a perfect 9 in all things Held. I also have the Powerlet liners. They're too tight for me in my size 9 warm n dry(awesome gloves btw-love mine). I'm on the lookout for a pair of warm n dry in 10's. I think that is what will be needed to use the liners. They're pretty bulky.
  5. AKjitsu

AKjitsu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not much. Maybe 1/4 size after a year.
  6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. Sounds like I'd have to size up to use the Warm n Dry gloves with the powerlet liners. It makes me wonder if it's worth spending all that money on a glove that's not really gonna fit. Might end up going with something like the Cortech Scarab for use with the liners.
  7. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Rainstar thumbs were slightly smaller than every other Held glove in 9 that I've had. I took the appropriate sized socket and stuck it in the thumb and forgot about it for a few days. Now, they're perfect. Just a thought. It definitely stretched them out just enough. Don't tell Held just in case:lol3:lol3:lol3