NC Tag O Rama is here

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Ridge-Runner, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Cuttle

Cuttle fuck the calm down

Oddometer:
    :evil

hmmm.... maybe if I put the broken clutch lever back in......
  2. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    knybanjo, sounded like you were polishing some rust off your footpegs in that video. That is one of my favorites to get onto the parkway. I like to go north on the parkway and pick up 226 in little switserland and drop back down grab 221-A back up again. heck of a loop with all the twisties you will want for a good day ride. I also noticed you were trying to stay ahead of an fz-1 too. that is a tall order in itself. as you know I got one and It is the best bike I have ever owned, and I have had a bunch in my 50 years of riding.here is my baby.[​IMG]
  3. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Here I was trying to keep up with that FZ1...still on 80 but headed up through Bandana....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7TIEIcCgYko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's old, low and fat...doesn't take much to grind the boards. :lol3

[​IMG]
  4. _anatic

_anatic Plated

Oddometer:
    Very nice! That's a serious mile eater.
  5. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    looks to me like you were holding your own. what kind of camera and how,where did you have it mounted? those were some of the best vidoes I have seen shot in a while. would like to hook up and ride some time. I ride almost every weekend somewhere, most week days too.
  6. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
    Looks like a beautiful weekend for riding. I'm fighting a really bad cold or I would have already grabbed the tag. I hope you guys get out and enjoy the great weather this weekend and think of me cooped up indoors feeling like crap. :cry
  7. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Thanks...it was just a plain old digital point and shoot set on video mode. A small piece of pvc was zip tied to the crash bar and the camera was just on a min-pod that had a leg dropped into the pvc and held in with a bungie. I tried several positions including handlebars and looking rearward from the trunk.....have not videoed in a long time and don't think I've ever tried it from the Strom......

It'd be great to meet you and ride sometime, I'm currently working weekends and off Tue-Wed. :wave
  8. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    I sorely miss grabbing a great tag.
    NCS
  9. 1911tyler

1911tyler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is that right up by mount Mitchell ? If so I got a picture in that same parking lot a month ago.
  10. lostmarbles

lostmarbles Long timer

Oddometer:
    yep it is :deal

11. JoeWannaB

Oddometer:
    I'm very disappointed no one grabbed this today. It was hard not to jump on a bike and head that way but I had to take it easy today. I hate being sick. :cry
  12. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    I know the feeling but I'm still at work. :cry

Ray
  13. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    If one of you hillbillys don't git this thang soon you'll have to have studded knobbys to get to it. It's up over 4000 ft and there is a storm brewing for de first of de week. Might have to send one of the foothill boyz up to grab it for it's too late.
  14. 1911tyler

1911tyler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This was taken in the same spot just a different angle. This is not a grab attemp since this Is a file tag. But just thought it was cool [​IMG]
  15. JoeWannaB

Oddometer:
    I'm feeling better but have church and other obligations today. I'll grab this tomorrow if it is still there. My laptop is down so i'll have to get creative on posting it. Don't have one them thar smarty phones and I can't figure out just how to get the picture to go up from my phone to the interweb. I took a picture of my phone below in case one of you tech wiz kids could help.

[​IMG]
  16. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    rt 80, parkway bridge[​IMG] this is my first grab and tag. Had a really good 250 mile ride to collect tag. will post a new tag shortly.
  17. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Now rescue it from the impending Winter!
  18. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] Here is you a close up of marker.
  19. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Looks like you dropped the tag picture when you added the close up.

Found it though. Street View will get you there, but you won't find the sign on it, only the surrounding buildings. Looks like we're still in hillbilly striking distance.
  20. Flasher

Flasher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tag picture[​IMG] sorry about the grab post being in augie dogs post name. I used his laptop to post grab and forgot to log him out and me in.