A ride along Camino Cielo - Santa Barbara CA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by springbokla, Jul 13, 2011.

1. springbokla

springbokla Rugby Fan

Oddometer:
    My mates and I took a great little ride along the Camino Cielo ridge road above Santa Barbara recently. I have done this road a few times, but it's recently been graded and as simple as pie to ride. The views are absolutely stunning in any weather, regardless if it's clear skies and you can look out over the Santa Barbara islands or it's cloudy and the clouds are literally blowing over the mountain tops you're riding through.

We had the great pleasure this weekend of riding through the clouds to a completely blues sky day...fantastic.

You can do this ride by exiting at Refugio Road north of Santa Barbara and following the way up the mountain. At the top you get to a bit of a crossroads with roads and trails going a few directions, but turn right and follow the paved road to find nirvana.

Enjoy!

http://www.vimeo.com/26246100
  2. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ive taken my Tiger 1050 on street tires on that road. Got a little "sporty" at times. Nice to know that they graded it. I think that was due to the Ronald Reagan Ranch putting on tours this spring and summer.
  3. springbokla

springbokla Rugby Fan

Oddometer:
    Yeah, used my Tourances and they can get a little slippery but certainly not tough. Just "upgraded" to the Shinkos, going to give it another run this weekend if Carmageddon allows me to "Escape from LA".