Amelia Island State Park - Dualsport OK?

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Queen of Spades, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades tall drink of water

Oddometer:
    Last visited this interesting park in my brothers 4x4 jeep a couple years ago. I'm going to be driving through the area in the next few weeks and will have my KTM LC4.

Is it OK to ride on the same paths that the 4x4's ride? I know better than to free ride through the dunes, but want to make sure i won't get in Big Trouble if I cruise slowly along the car paths on the beach.
  2. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    FWIW I have ridden down the beach at the south end of the island in the 4x4 tracks a few times over the past few years.
    Kept it reasonable speed. No one ever gave me any hassle, but can't say for sure its "ok".
    You do need a beach driving permit too.
  3. Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades tall drink of water

Oddometer:
    Rode out there this weekend after a heavy rain. Met a couple on a KLR650 as they were leaving. Riding the beach was the best 30 minutes of my entire trip (which isn't saying much since travel was work related). I followed your advice and strictly obeyed the 10mph speed limit and stuck to the existing 4x4 roads. Even put my Hoover exhaust back on to keep the locals happy. No problems.