Jesse Bag Refinish

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Beamklamp, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Beamklamp

Beamklamp TACOCAT

Oddometer:
    My trusty Jesse bags are exceedingly scratched. The black powdercoat has suffered a lot of foot and equipment scratches plus other sorted indignities. My question, can these be re-powdercoated (is that even a word)? I guess they could be sanded and painted over, or as things often happen in the real world, just say fu*# it and ride on. Then there's always the option of covering it with stickers. Oh, what to do?

:0-0
  2. Srbenda

Srbenda Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer:
    How about using a bed liner coating? That would certainly make it look better and be pretty resistant to scratches and such.
  3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Is there such a thing as a bedliner coating in a can? Does Home Depot sell it?
  4. CMWoody

CMWoody Banned

Oddometer:
    Simply either send them back to Jesse and $100 later they come back re powdercoated or disassemble them yourself...its easy...and drop them off at your local powdercoater for a refinish. Mine cost me $75 last time. Additionally, there are scads of cool powder coat colors and textures to choose from.

They will dip them in acid to remove the existing coating or if your going back the same color, they can probably recoat them once. They need to heat them up first though.

Not a big deal at all. Bedliner junk is heavy and looks like crap dabbled on by hand. It has to be sprayed for a nice finish. HD/Walmart/lowes stuff doesn't come in a spray can...plus its very thin and wimpy compared to Rhino. Going that way, have it applied by a pro at a bedliner joint. I thought about doing it to my rear rack.
  5. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    If you go with bedliner consider Linex. You have a wide choice of colors and textures and it is way better than the home applied options. Lots of franchises out there. I had a spare 1150 tank done and this stuff isn't coming off !