KTM 950/990 Adventure owners show off your bike

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by dgrs2, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Hochtouren

Hochtouren Improve until broken

Oddometer:
    You know it. Someone has to keep an eye on you!
  2. Narsisco Lopez

Narsisco Lopez Addlepated

Oddometer:
    Ciao Bruno!

Your bike doesn't look too bad after your accident. You look in pretty good shape, too. Glad to see you riding!
  3. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Hahahahaa!
  4. BRUNO BOTELHO

BRUNO BOTELHO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
    Just some scratches, nothing special. Crash bars did a great job on protecting a lot of the bike.
    About me, feel's good coming back :clap
    Thank's for your attention :freaky
  5. KradmelderSA

KradmelderSA Banned

Oddometer:
    Howzit, my first post on here and I would like to introduce Madchen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Pampera

Pampera Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's one of the lanes that the TRF (and the Druids) saved from Wiltshire Council and English Heritage.

Thy wanted to closed it so as they could build their 'experience centre': Disneyhenge!
  7. Hochtouren

Hochtouren Improve until broken

Oddometer:
    Great looking machine. Had a hell of a time picking between the blue and the white - went with the white, but still not sure. Both have the same heartbeat so who cares I guess. Love the orange lens. I ordered the Touratech twin light / windscreen conversion, so can't wait to get hold of it to see how it works. Welcome and happy trails.
  8. KradmelderSA

KradmelderSA Banned

Oddometer:

Certainly puts a grin on my face. She is the mistress, fun for a romp. The BMW is the wife: comfortable and reliable work horse :D

The orange light protector I got at Ultimate Performance, our local KTM dealer.

Got pulled over once for it, but the Traffic regulations allow it, so talked my way out of it and the speed cop didnt get his friday beer money :D
  9. KradmelderSA

KradmelderSA Banned

Oddometer:
    Thanks boeta. I like the blue dakar theme. Put new tyres since that pic was taken in Jan. Now have a Mitas E-07 on the rear. That front scorpion isnt nice in mud and sand and will be replaced by a T-63.

Many happy trails. I do about 20 000 km on each bike a year and ride every day, all weather. Even use the bikes for work and get paid per km. :) Caging gives me road rage.
  10. Kirill Shubin

Kirill Shubin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Moscow
    [​IMG]
  11. KradmelderSA

KradmelderSA Banned

Oddometer:
    The like the bike so much, you bought 2?:lol3

What is all that white stuff on the ground and in the air? :lol3
  12. KradmelderSA

KradmelderSA Banned

Oddometer:
    They want to put up a tourist trap at Stone Henge? Will it be PC and include a curry den and a McDonalds :lol3
  13. KradmelderSA

KradmelderSA Banned

Oddometer:

Damn broer, the King of Bling:D

Where have you packed the kitchen sink? :D
  14. jay71

jay71 Farklin' Poser

Oddometer:
    You'll spend a few more bucks on MSR bottles before too long. Make sure you put a strap on each bottle cage and thread it up through the slot in the canister bottle cap then back down to the cage to hold the canisters in place; otherwise they'll go bye bye next time you hit some rough stuff!
  15. BRUNO BOTELHO

Oddometer:
    Whichever the colour, the ADV always look's fantastic :clap

[​IMG]
  16. Narsisco Lopez

Narsisco Lopez Addlepated

Oddometer:
    You should roll that beauty onto a ship that's headed west and come ride the Rockies! While Colorado's not known for its Portuguese food, I do a pretty good job in the kitchen replicating Fall River (Azorean-influenced) style "Portagee" cuisine and keep a stash of chourico and other ingredients needed. I know a few of us fellow 950/990 riders would love to show you around :freaky
  17. Pampera

Pampera Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh yes.

It would have effectively closed all vehicular rights of way, so the only way to see the stones would be to park in their car park (and pay), get on their sodding great land train (which would have run down the byway in the picture), view the stones for a few minutes then come back and exit through the gift shop.

Luckily the Trail Riders Fellowship and the Druids forced a public inquiry (which found in our favour). Wiltshire Council could have ignored the findings of the PI, but the threat of legal action from the TRF was too much for them.

So the threat to the lanes was lifted.

OI think they are still planning on building the vistor centre though...so if you want to actually see the stones (rather than 'experience' them), best get over here quick.
  18. BRUNO BOTELHO

Oddometer:
    That's a very good idea and i would love to do it :clap
    But not this year, so far it has been a very hard year in terms of portuguese economy :cry
    But i will keep in mind this suggestion :evil

Last year i went twice to the mainland (Portugal) and did the Portugal de Les a Les and the N2.
    Had to send the motorcycle by boat and had to travel by airplane. So, some money was spent...

Portugal of Les a Les is a touring event where we travel Portugal from the very top to the very bottom, from north to south, by traditional roads and by the typical and traditional villages, cities and other locations of Portugal.
    It's an opportunity to know Portugal.
    Take a look at the pictures andi video of this event: http://www.motoazores.com/index.php/category/portugal-de-les-a-les/

The N2 is another touring event that takes us from north to south of Portugal by only one road, the National Road 2 (N2), that is the most old road of Portugal, very used in other times (before highways).
    It was an other opportunity to know a little more of Portugal.
    Take a look at the pictures andi video of this event: http://www.motoazores.com/index.php/category/n2-a-mais-longa-estrada/

These two events were performed with the KTM ADV :clap
  19. GreenPat

GreenPat Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can just imagine two bad guys with machine guns chasing the good guy through the streets on those...:eek1
  20. KradmelderSA

KradmelderSA Banned

Oddometer:
    Political Correctness, Multiculti liberalism and disposable culture are destroying the world. Its sickening. Soon everywhere will look as plastic as many parts of the USA, where every motel room looks the same, every street has same chain fast food restuarants and advertising, and you can travel all day and swear you ended up in the same place.

Now its global. Go to any country, same franchises, same music on the radio, ame TV shows, same plastic garbage. Will be a sad day when european culture disappears, to be replaced by 'do you want to supersize your McStonehenge burger?'