Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Oceanbum

Oceanbum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3
  2. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Depending on what time this ride starts I'd like to get out this weekend. Think I could trailer the 950 over to your place Steve?
  3. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:

This Sunday is the legendary "Peace Pipe Run" in Greenville, Ohio. All non-competitive riders (sportsman) ride last ( after the "racers"). It will be a great weekend to ride 70 miles of singletrack in Greenville....
    You guys should come out and give it a go..
  4. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    Well, I have the very nice V-strom previously owned by Swingset, and I've decided that it's not for me. I've only ridden a few hundred miles on it.

This is a super-nice bike, I guess I'm just more of an enduro bike guy.
    So, I am going to offer it up to the inmates here ( just like Swingset did...) for a quick, and hassle-free sale. $3000, and no hassles.

Here is the original post he listed, and all of the same details apply.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19484986#post19484986

PM me if you are interested.
    Thanks!
  5. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Be sure to pack your bullet proof vest and Kevlar helmet.. Specially if you're in a pickup.
  6. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well my tires suck, if that helps any.

If the collective would rather do the Greenville ride, I'm down with that too.
  7. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Well I've been wanting to do it since it's only 30 miles from my house and now especially since the weather is going to be perfect which is usually not the case for this event. ;)
  8. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    I'll likely stick to the wimpy trails of Wayne. The Enduro sounds fun, but too far away and too expensive for me at the moment...just coughed up $2500 in medical bills between me and my daughter. I'm in the same shape tire wise, too, half bald on both bikes and that's not a great thing to have riding at the back end of an enduro.

Don't let me hold anyone back tho!
  9. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was thinking the same thing: further away and more $$$. I'm in for Wayne!
  10. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    well shit...If I'd have known that, I'd have made more of an effort to get the XR running...good thing I'm off tomorrow...I'll see what I can do

edit: SUNDAY? dammit I have work sunday...why not saturday?
  11. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Want another KTM?
  12. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Any of you besides Kory ever ridden in the Piece Pipe Enduro? I don't want to get in over my head and get hurt or something... :cry

I'd be on the WRR with a new rear tire but I'm sure everyone else will be on a real dirt bikes.
  13. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about trailering the 450 over, but could ride if you don't mind limiting the road speeds to 55-60. It looks like Swingset is planning to be at New Straightsville at 10a on Sunday and should take just over an hour from my house so we could meet there at about 8:30 or so if that works for you. We could then meander over on some back roads and limit the 4 lane to a few miles of 33. If anyone else wants to ride over from my place (little SW of Lancaster), PM me and I'll give you directions. Also, I plan to have a pot of chilli going for afterwards and you are all welcome to help finish it. :freaky
  14. R.P.

R.P. Adventurer

Oddometer:

I have a spare stock link for the WR you are welcome to have. PM me if you still need it so we can figure out the best way to get it to you. I live in the Dublin area.
  15. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, it was one of those times that I wished I had a video camera running. :D

I'll be at the trailhead Sunday about 10ish.
  16. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    I swear, the first thought that ran through my head as I went into the muck was "thank god Indypup didn't show up".

:lol3
  17. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

since you pricks insist on going when I'm at work, I'm gonna let Steve borrow my camera so he can get you all on film when/if you go down...of course, that assumes Steve can stay upright, which is not guaranteed by any means :D
  18. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a good gas station with coffee in New Straitsville near the trail head? I'm going to leave the SW corner of Columbus about 8am and just take 270 to 33 to 93. I hope to get down there 20 or 30 minutes early and grab coffee and fill up.
  19. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I think Logan will be your best bet for a gas/coffee stop coming from that direction.
  20. Solace

Solace Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, there's no gas station in New Straitsville. Go north on 93 a couple miles to the junction with OH155 at Shawnee and there's one there.