Josh to Germany - ISDE 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by mknight, Jun 17, 2012.

1. novaboy

novaboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is just awesome, good luck to Josh.:clap No trouble to tell you are one proud papa, and rightly so. I have one daughter that is interested in riding, and will be getting her a bike next spring.
  2. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For anyone near the Utah area and interested in the MX open practice and ISDE fund raiser, the flyer is available:

[​IMG]
  3. wilkinsonk

wilkinsonk soup de grimace

Oddometer:
    I never expected to hear anyone mention Island Park, Idaho...what a small world. My in-laws (the Taylors) have a place there back off of Yale Creek Road. They mentioned riding their quads out to the store with some neighbors on dirt bikes. One of the kids rode on the seat in front of mom. Any chance that was you folks?

Here's hoping everything continues smoothly in your prep for the ISDE.

- Ken

4. nada_scurb

nada_scurb Single Tracker

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on making the fundraiser and bringing 2 of my kids Mike...they are dying to buy tshirts from Josh as well, so mark me down for at least three kids and one adult T-Shirt..

We'll see you there!!

Bryce
  5. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds great Bryce! Let me know what shirt sizes (you can send e-mail or PM).

And for anyone else local, I did receive confirmation today that Curtis, the main guy who grooms the track is grooming it on Friday before the fundraiser and the entire track will be closed until we open it up Saturday morning for riding.

When he grooms it is like a work of art and will definitely be worth it. The biggest challenge is going to be the heat. It is very hard to keep enough moisture on the track when it is 100 degrees. Pray for some more mild temps and or a good summer thunderstorm :)

Either way, it will all be for a good cause and should be lots of fun.
  6. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is awesome! Let us know (sorry if I missed it) where we can make a donation online...
  7. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Neduro. Thanks for the feedback. I absolutely loved your Dakar report and you of all people can appreciate the effort involved in prepping a bike and participating in an International event, while also keeping folks at home updated and informed. Your story was part of our inspiration for doing this.

I hope it's OK to repost this, but yes, we have some options for people to help support Josh:

* Pay Pal Account = joshknightisde@gmail.com This can be used for any cash donations or payment for T-shirts.

* Tugger Lift Strap Sales - All proceeds of Tugger sales specific to Josh's cause are going straight to him. This is a great win/win for everyone and every off-road rider should try these:

http://www.thetugger.com/

* T-shirt sales - see design earlier in thread. $20 for adult and $15 for youth sizes.

* Open MX Practice and ISDE style fund raiser at our local track (flyer posted earlier in thread).
  8. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
  9. ICERIDER

ICERIDER Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Mike! well done on getting your family involved in the Six Days. Josh is onto something very special that'll set him up for a great life ahead. Listening to his radio interview he seems to have his preparations well sorted.

Josh, you passed your natural selection for the Six days years ago without knowing. Stick to your plan. Stay in your comfort zone and we shall see you after Day 6 with your first ISDE Medal.

Have a great time.

Geoff,
  10. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We spent the entire day today, (Saturday July 14, 2012) prepping for Josh’s fundraiser next weekend. We pounded lathe all day and strung several thousand feet of ribbon and I bought another 8,000 feet of ribbon tonight.

You know that feeling when you see a perfectly groomed MX track in the morning ready for race day…..well, seeing a big open field with endless lathe and ribbon creates that same feeling for me too (I’ll never forget seeing my first real ISDE special test laid out….or the first time you see the Idaho City grass track).

We also made great progress on the Endurcross section of the course. Huge thanks to friends Greg Gillian, Charles Rhodes, and Jim Keller (and several others), who spent their whole day out there in the heat and rain helping us. There is still a lot of work to do but we’re getting super excited for next weekend to put on a combined ISDE style event and Open MX practice at the Ogden Cycle Association motocross track.

Our lathe and ribbon is so tiny but trust me when I say there is A LOT of it there. This is the grass track that has a lot of everything. It’s going to be way fun when it starts to get rough and rutted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we went to work on some of the beginning sections of the Endurocross course. It wouldn’t be Endurocross without some big pipes.
    [​IMG]

First bike over the big bikes was Jim’s 6 year old son on a KTM 50. Nobody can complain about it now.
    [​IMG]

Small tire jump (haven’t been able to acquire any Loader tires yet).
    [​IMG]

Slowly starting to take shape.
    [​IMG]
  11. brent tex

brent tex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, awsome thread, sorry Im joining it so late, read the whole thing.
    I know what hard work and planning you are faced with, I recently competed in the Tuareg rallye in Morocco and did it the easy way by buying rallye support and renting a fully prepped bike and even then there was a lot of planning, paperwork, training etc. The rewards are great and the preperation is really valuble.
    Ill take 7 t-shirts, 4 large and 3 x-large. Ill buy them on your site.
    Thanks for the frequent updates, it really keeps it interesting.
    Keep it pinned Josh.
  12. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback and congratulations on your competition in the Tuareg ralley. That's a huge undertaking.

More updates coming tomorrow with some pictures of progress on the Endurocross and ISDE special tests for our fundraiser this weekend. I realize most are too far away to attend, but you can probably appreciate and hopefully enjoy some insight on the preparations.
  13. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. Southest US Thumper

Southest US Thumper Extreme n00b

Oddometer:
    Good timing!!! As I logged on I was wondering if there were any videos of Josh on the new bike in action on the new course, close enough!!! Looks to be a great event and am hoping for a video re-cap at in a week or two!

Go Josh!!!
  15. Rabbot

Rabbot Life goals-Die with memories not dreams.

Oddometer:
    This is a Brilliant kid. Can ride like the wind and is incredibly talented with editing too. :deal

Josh you are a winner.:clap
  16. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    I'm at work right now. It's dumb that I'm miss'n it. :pep
  17. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What an amazing weekend. Thank you to all who came out in support of Josh. It was almost overwhelming at times in more ways than one, but in the end, hopefully it was a fun day for those that came. The moto community is incredible.
    Here are a few sample pics of the weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    :super
  19. Gotlabs

Gotlabs Killing with kindness

Oddometer:
    Bump! :freaky
  20. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone. Been out of town for the past several days. My wife mailed all the T-shirts for those here on advrider who may have ordered them. If for any reason you do not receive them in the next few days, please let me know.

We've done our best to keep track of them all and gather addresses, but with all the craziness, something could fall through the cracks.

The bike has to be shipped by the end of this week. It's going to be a final big push to get everything completed and the bike crated. I'll post some brief updates of the progress and hope to breathe a little easier after this week is over.