Brand of motorcycle you like best

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by markk53, Nov 14, 2014.

?

Which brand from these choices would be your favorite. (limited variety, sorry).

1. BMW

2. Harley Davidson

3. Honda

4. Kawasaki

5. KTM

6. Suzuki

7. Yamaha

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. genka

genka Stand with Ukraine

Oddometer:
    All rice burning quadruplets are present, but no Moto Guzzi or any other Italian brand?:huh
  2. Conedodger

Conedodger Wanna Ride

Oddometer:
    Nothing but Hondas since 1985. Just happened to work out that way.
  3. AviatorTroy

AviatorTroy Following my front fender

Oddometer:
    Well after reading the idea behind your poll, I went with Honda. I do not own any modern Hondas and feel that others more suit my needs, but I do own 3 vintage Hondas and feel that as a whole, the brand was forward thinking, took on the best of Britain and the US, and killed them with performance, quality, and value. Therefore even tho there are other brands who make singular bikes that I might like better for one reason or another, honda signifies what motorcycling has always been about.

Oh fuck it who am I kidding. I like them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. nopickl

nopickl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Moto Guzzi with nothing but desire to consider. Always wanted one, afraid to rely on one in the hinterlands.
  5. BMDADV

BMDADV Release the Kraken!

Oddometer:
    Well, thought I'd never buy another Suzuki... but just bought myself a new to me DL650 EXP to replace my 2007. I guess they're doing something right... :1drink or I've been drinking the kool-aid!
  6. steve68steve

steve68steve Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1

This is almost a direct quote from my brain.

I know "Yamaha" people, have heard nothing but good things about their reliability, and I will own a Tenere by Spring.
  7. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I still would like a "no brand loyalty" choice. I have owned all the choices in your poll except BMW and KTM and I would chose any of them again.
    I should not have voted.
  8. Chip Seal

Chip Seal Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Suzuki, cause that's what I currently ride.
  9. De Trommelslager

De Trommelslager Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With all due respect and not to start an argument, I'm sure the OP's goal isn't seeking an accurate representation as much as it is the exercise of conducting the sampling in and of itself. Your point is valid and I agree, but accuracy isn't necessarily applicable for the data points needed to complete the exercise.
  10. tommynealy

tommynealy n00b

Oddometer:
    Bmw
  11. popscycle

popscycle Fahren Away Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agree. I buy the bike that has/does what I like/want, not the brand.
  12. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    ditto
  13. markk53

markk53 jack of all trades... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

The point for the class is to:
    Use a spread sheet
    Use a document program to write a report
    Use MLA format, proper capitalization and proper sentence syntax.

The only reason I have them limit the choice is because of the numbers they would likely get in their survey. If they did favorite basketball team you'd have way too many choices that would spread their results thin as paper. Some kids will only get maybe 35 people surveyed, others might approach 75, but if you have 20 choices it just won't give the impression I want them to see. I want them to see a decent curve of some sort, much like this one is producing.

One kid is doing favorite ice cream, but I don't what them to have 20 choices, do 5 flavors, pick the preferred flavor. Another is doing favorite sports player, again, limit the choice out of 5, otherwise there'd be thirty. Just "herding the cats".

It is less about what is actually learned from the data as it is about the data processing and software uses...

Class is Productivity Skills, it is using software they will use in high school and college, along with reinforcement of the core ELA curriculum whenever possible.

I did this to show them one way to do a survey.

If I wanted to have better results I'd do a lot more brands and a lot more sites. I'm betting this one is biased toward BMW mainly due to the kind of riders who joined here. Same with KTM... and the reason Harley Davidson isn't kicking every other manufacturer's butt. If I went to some cruiser forum BMW wouldn't be in the hunt nor would KTM, but here it is good.

I do appreciate everyone's participation for sure. Great numbers to show and an example of how to do the job.

I could do a survey in the thumpers and others to see what would dominate there if I wanted to do so, but this serves the purpose. Thanks again.
  14. Kiba

Kiba Dances With Huskies

Oddometer:
    I'm not a brand guy, but....

Yamaha. Thinking about it, they have so many bikes that stick out in a good way.

RDs, SRs, all the big XTs, big bore DTs, the FZs, and recently bringing back the SR400. Too many cool and extremely distinctive model lines to give them a miss. And I love my XT600.
  15. tlub

tlub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What I find interesting is that the brand that is easily the market hog (hehe), Harley, got the fewest votes and a brand that is only a minor player in the overall market (BMW) is the lead vote getter. I suspect our demographic is not that of the general riding public.
  16. windypoint

windypoint Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Until the past few years I would have voted BMW as I have ridden them the longest. Observing the company changes, I disagree and only ride the old school Beemers now. I also have a 12 Glee Strom, and now vote fun for the buck. Suzuki or Honda.
  17. Reduxalicious

Reduxalicious Or is it?!

Oddometer:
    Well seeing as Guzzi isn't on there.. I'll have to go with Kawasaki
  18. XtreemLEE

XtreemLEE Working Class Zero

Oddometer:
    Piney McPineface’s Remedial Resort (Google Maps)
    My last Honda was two bikes ago (ST1100) and loved it, before that I had a GL1500 and hated it. But when you cut through all the crap - Honda, the only motorcycle ever made...
  19. Stre7ch

Stre7ch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hadn't considered that, good call. I'm finishing up my BS in psych, so my curriculum focus is in a different direction.

Good to go, I wasn't thinking in those terms, you now have a vote from me :D... But I still wanted to vote Triumph! :fitz
  20. C/1/509

C/1/509 Think for yourself

Oddometer:
    Aprilia, KTM and Ducati