Anyone out there have the Sena SMH10?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by sixsevenfive, Mar 24, 2010.

1. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Zumo 550 only does mono via bluetooth, whereas the Zumo 660 does stereo via BT. And somehow the 550 manages to make the 'mono' even worse than you'd expect... it lacks volume and sounds like an old tranny radio in a tin shithouse.

To get stereo MP3 from a 550 you have to plug your earphones into the the audio jack.

I'm waiting for Sena to release its SR10 hub.
  2. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    The SR10 hub has MONO inputs only :cry. It will pair up the the Sena headset using the hands-free profile, as I understand it, so to your headset, the SR10 'looks like' a mobile phone.
  3. themobb

themobb Is this thing on???

Oddometer:
    Well, Sena is linking to this thread from their website, so they must be proud of it...

I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade my two units (use bike-to-bike w/ wife). The ones we have work perfectly so I am perplexed..... Spend $100 to upgrade something that works fine? Or spend the bux to future proof the units?

BTW, I pair my Samsung Epic to a Zumo 665, and pair the Sena to the Zumo. My wife does the same except with a Zumo 660.

Lance
  4. Propfrwrd

Propfrwrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ditto.

Did it.

Sigh....
  5. farcall

farcall Long timer

Oddometer:
    :becca

I've got a copy of the Sena draft manual for the SR10. It says...

9. Auxiliary Devices
    The SR10 has three input ports for wired connection with other devices. Following lists are
    connectable devices:
    l Main: Mini-DIN, 2-way radio devices
    l AUX1: 3.5mm 3-pole audio jack, MP3 players, GPS navigations, Radar detectors
    l AUX2: 3.5mm 4-pole audio jack, Mobile phones, GPS navigations, Radar detectors

Do you think I'm still outta luck with expecting the Aux input to be stereo???
  6. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    I'm in the same situation.... beyond new rider-to-rider communications modes (and maybe support for new cell phones/GPS units?) I'm not sure what extra stuff could be added. 99% of the time I used mine to listen to podcasts/music while stuck in traffic, and to answer "urgent" phone calls from boss and family. It does both of those things flawlessly "as-is". I am inclined to go with the "If it's not broke, don't fix it" approach.

HINT: Hey Sena - A "roadmap" covering your vision for this unit would be helpful at this point :wink:
  7. BluWolf

BluWolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I sent mine in a little over a week ago and ordered the replacement. Anyone got any feedback on how long they are projecting for the backorders to be fulfilled? I am already looking at a few long distance rides with being forced back to Ipod and earbuds. (Ugh) and no phone.
  8. Dan GSR

Dan GSR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    which is better for a full face? boom mic or wired?
  9. BluWolf

BluWolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Spoke to Sena today. They are restocked as of last week and orders started going out last Friday and today.

Saweet.
  10. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    I bit the bullet and ordered the upgrade kit. Got a shipment notification Friday. I am guessing the main reason to upgrade is to keep it compatible with new/upcoming Bluetooth technology. The fact that Sena has graciously doubled the warranty, and even offer us the opportunity to upgrade the units says a lot for an electronics manufacturer, this is a first that I have seen anyway.
    For those that have received their upgraded units, did it come with the latest firmware upgrade installed, or did you have to download it?
  11. radon222

radon222 14GSAW

Oddometer:
    The update has only been out for a week so the only the most recently shipped units MIGHT have been pre-loaded??
  12. gelandestrasse

gelandestrasse Fidem Scit

Oddometer:
    That's good to know. I got an e-mail message today that they have received my return and the order is "processing" - whatever that means.
  13. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Just FYI, you can order the upgraded unit and keep the old one until the new arrives.
    Direct from Rick at Sena:

"You can chose to selct the advanced ship option when ordering the upgrade kit. We will charge your card a deposit of $100 for each module and credit you back the $100 when we receive the old module.
  14. gelandestrasse

gelandestrasse Fidem Scit

Oddometer:
    I chose not to do the advanced ship because I still have a Starcom1 wired up to the bike and a helmet fitted for it.
  15. TommyHolly

TommyHolly Teaparty member

Oddometer:
    I decided not to upgrade because it's $40-$50 and that's a large percentage of the price I paid for these brand new. I figure by the time something needs futureproofing, there will be new headsets out with a ton of extra options or features.
  16. two-dogs

two-dogs n00b

Oddometer:
    I hope there upgrade is better than the old one, I have had to replace the speaker unit 5 times. I wrote sena about getting a replacement at a discount since it has been more than a year (year and 2 months). I sure was hoping that they would last at least 2 years because we can't ride without them now. Anybody else experience a problem with the right speaker going out on there unit and is there a fix for it other than replacing it..........thanks...........two-dogs
  17. TommyHolly

TommyHolly Teaparty member

Oddometer:
    I thought my right speaker went dead but the velcro slipped off the material inside the helmet and it fell away from my ear while riding.
  18. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    You'll have to read the fine print, but maybe you have 2-years of warranty:

http://www.senabluetooth.com/contact/notice_20110511_1.php
  19. MSGulfCoaST

MSGulfCoaST Just Ride

Oddometer:
    Had that exact thing happen right after the start of a 1200 mile trip. Right speaker just started cutting in/out randomly while slabbing it then it went out completely for the remainder of the trip. Unit was only 7-8 months old so Sena replaced it without an issue. Now one of the units isn't holding a charge but about a day even when turned off.

Ordered the upgrades so I guess it will get repaired and sent to someone else!
  20. Propfrwrd

Propfrwrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got mine today, and I have to say LIGHTNING fast shipping and excellent communication. Just waiting for it to charge, but my only concern is that the USB plug doesn't fit as tightly as the DC jack. I'm sure it will be fine though.