Aus to UK on a postie bike whahahahahahaha

Discussion in 'Australia' started by b0mb3r, May 9, 2009.

1. b0mb3r

b0mb3r Old Git

Oddometer:
  2. markymark

markymark pigkiller

Oddometer:
    thanks for that katoom, fantastic trip. Will be watching with interest. Was thinking about doing the same thing in a coupla years. The postie will make it no worries.
  3. b0mb3r

b0mb3r Old Git

Oddometer:
    hope he does make it :bow made me start thinking about getting a postie bike .... the wife will just love that :thumb
  4. Joe Watson

Joe Watson Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do it Katoom! Give me someone to do some postie rides with!!

I have been following his website, he has movies and everything on there. He is a bloody legend in my mind!

http://www.thepostman.org.uk/
  5. markymark

markymark pigkiller

Oddometer:
    after seeing The Gav's postie "roadkill" do about 20,000 of the worst k's wide open on the dirt without an oil change or anything, and then going down to pick it up from woosh's place where it had been lying on its side for 12 months left for dead and gathering rust. We picked it up gave her a kick and she fired first go, and was running sweet. Unfcknbelievable. Those things are tough.
  6. b0mb3r

b0mb3r Old Git

Oddometer:
    hes started a rr on this site now if you go to first post here i found it last night almost wet myself reading it and the vids are so funny

how much do these things cost Joe ???
  7. Joe Watson

Joe Watson Long timer

Oddometer:
    At a rough guide, between $1000 - $1500 on road. A bloody blast to ride. In the postie riders sign on thread I wrote something like: "How can something so slow be so much fun" and it is true, every time I come back from a quick blat on the postie I have the biggest grin on my face!
  8. b0mb3r

b0mb3r Old Git

Oddometer:

ahh shit man ive only got a double bloody garage :scratch

ive got both the dvds from philth so seen the postie runs they look soo cool
    ahh shit man ive been stimulated so will have to look in to it :nod
  9. OldOzy

OldOzy Banned

Oddometer:
    I just had a look at Nathans Stat's.

1. He has a post count of 12

2. his ride report has had 15,000 views

3. 153 replys in 9 days

4. Nathan joined ADV on the 29th April. (postcount .8)

We are witnessing a phenomenon..
  10. maccajim

maccajim Holding the Awesome

Oddometer:
    Old Ozy read the Kaneman thread 1 post rode around the block then followed an organized guy across the US asked for money from paypal put in some Suedo gun control love america antilogic and got 2 million views, organised his ride ready for Alaska, has a farewell party, then got scared pull the plug. I admit good photos good stories but?
  11. OldOzy

OldOzy Banned

Oddometer:
    ive read most of the kaneman thread ( but it is up to 350 pages now ) and had another close look at the postmans website,
    And...? Immmm not getting what you mean , sorry.
  12. Eaglebeak

Eaglebeak All roads rider, West Oz.

Oddometer:
    Somewhere in the 350 pages of "Kaneman" he got the shits with the critics having a go at his blatant cadging for money and had a major blow up.

A major, dummy spit. He really lost it and went to town on a few people. I think they took it to "Jo Momma" for a while.

He left the site for about a year (or longer), but I think he has popped back recently.
  13. OneOff

OneOff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been enjoying Nathan's RR. Kudos to the young fella.

I tend to avoid the Global style of reports, they tend to get instantly clogged with well meaning seppo's and others who feel the need to tell the world that they've subscribed to the thread, then someone will start a barney over what colour they think the handlebar tassles should be,that will fill another 5 pages, then it will get sent to YoMomma but I tend to give up on them by then, it all just descends into mush and becomes to difficult to follow.

Seen a good idea on the Angola RR from MetalJockey, he put a link to the next chapter at the bottom of each post so you could skip straight to it. Made it so much more readable. (by the way, EXCELLENT report, do yourself a favour if you haven't read it)

Like Aussie reports, not so much fluff, written in language I can understand.

But I digress.... doing that trip, on that bike. Big bails indeed. When he gets there I'll add my accolades.

Cheers,
    Peter.
  14. OldOzy

OldOzy Banned

Oddometer:
    i cant find any reference to nathan askin for money, so i dont get the relevance.
  15. maccajim

maccajim Holding the Awesome

Oddometer:
    Sorry Ozy mate nothing to do with nathans report saying that stat wise his post count of 12 with tonnes of views versus the other seppo guy who had 1st post Quit my job blah blah.
    The postie ride is hardcore i dont know how he got thru east Timor border etc
    the pieces are very well written as well gives u a sense of the place, keep going
    The best thing of his is the no research just do it is inspiring