The Innovative NEW Multi-function ramp! The Shark Kage!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sharkkage, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are running a special discount for all ADV rider members! Please PM me for more information on the discount! Ride safe!!! https://sharkkage.com/

[​IMG]
  2. phreakingeek

phreakingeek Big Ear Inc - Virginia Provider

Oddometer:
    couple of questions about this ramp.

once the plate is bolted to the tailgate, what is the procedure to remove the ramp? is it permanently attached to the mounting plate?

are the 'bed extender' sides using cables or is that a fabric net? Is that what holds the folded ramp in place or does it lock in that configuration and the netting just used to contain items moving around in the truck bed?
  3. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great questions! The mounting plate attaches and STAYS on your tailgate. The Shark Kage is easily removable with the removal of 3 pins that go through the hinge plate. The side nets are a nylon fabric with bungie hooks to attach the nets however you want. What holds the Shark Kage in place while in bed extender mode is 3 tie-down straps that we provide with the package. Two straps to hold the top up and one on the bottom to keep the Kage from bouncing up or moving. Yes the netting is to keep smaller objects and things from sliding out the sides of the bed extender. Just a useful thing we added with the package.
  4. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As I stated earlier we are running a special for all ADV Rider forum members! We are taking $100 off the $499 price bring it down to a price of only $399!!! In order to get the discount please visit our website at https://sharkkage.com/ and use promo code ADVrider10 at checkout! Thank you for all the support guys!!!

[​IMG]
  5. Cigar Mike

Cigar Mike Too Old and Too Slow Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a 8' bed. The bikes are about 7' long which only leaves about a foot to fold the ramp up in. I really like the ramp and wish I cold make it work. it would be nice for the heavier bikes and as I get older they seem to get heavier every year.

It almost looks like it would work though with the upside down pyramid shape when the gate is up. Why not test it and let me know. Or send me the dimensions of the triangle and I will figure it out myself. The length of the three legs of the triangle would do it.
  6. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Web site down?
  7. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can get you the dimensions and everything asap. We don't have a truck here that has an 8 foot bed biggest we have is a 6 foot bed. I don't think you should have a problem with the extra couple feet. Ill find out for you. Thanks for the good questions!
  8. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Try opening the website with a different web browser. I know we are transitioning to an updated website and that may be the issue. Or its a server issue. If opening it in a different browser doesn't work please let me know. Thank you!
  9. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that would be great. I will load the bikes up and check it out. If I am sure it will work I may have to get one.
  10. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have attached a rough drawing I made explaining the dimensions of the Shark Kage folded into the bed extender with the tailgate closed. If there is any confusion or questions please don't hesitate to ask. Sorry for the crude drawing.

Attached Files:

11. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    The drawing is impossible. The 18 3/8" leg can not be shorter than the green line of 22". From the dimensions provided the green line should be around 14" +or- a little. It also appears from the pictures posted, it is upside down. If I am correct it would mean the point into the bed would be between 21" to 22" high off the bed. I ask because if I am correct I am almost certain there would be no problem with bikes in the bed of an 8' bed with the ramp and gate up. I am thinking that the 18 3/8" number should be the green line due to the thickness of the material and the 22" is measured from the bed to the point of the triangle.

Thanks for taking the time to work on this. Let me know what you think.
  12. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    THIS IS NOT TO SCALE. I took rough dimensions of a unit we have in the shop. All being said the ramp sticks out about 22 inches into the truck bed in that configuration.
  13. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I realise that. But basic geometry says that the drawing is impossible. Maybe someone that knows how to read a tape should check it. From what I can see in the picture below your answer does not make sense. I don't understand your attitude. Doing this correctly increases potential sales by knowing there is another application for it's use. I am not the only one that loads up two bikes and tows a trailer.

[​IMG]
  14. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My apologies. The shorter length panel (18 inch) would be on top. Not the 26 inch panel on top. either way if you would like the tailgate closed and the Shark Kage in the bed extender mode they as I said before it will protrude about 22 inches deep into the truck bed. Im sorry for my crude drawing but it's the best I can do at the moment. Do you have any other questions that I can help you with?
  15. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    No worries, it was just the numbers did not work out. I guess I don't understand how the ramp sits on the tailgate. In the picture it appeared the ramp could pivot down flat against the gate and then the gate closed. Which would have had less protruding into the bed. I was really hoping that was correct. It would work that way. I also wanted it to put a golf cart in the truck.

Thanks for getting back to me on this.
  16. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

If you guys could ride anywhere in the world where would you want to ride? Post pics if you can! :happay

https://sharkkage.com/
  17. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Planet earth first....

I wish I had that Shark Cage for my trip next week. It shure would make things easier than using my folding ramp and I wouldn't have to worry about security at the hotel.
  18. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just so everyone is aware we have updated and improved on our website! Please come check out the new site at http://www.sharkkage.com/!!! And don't forget for being a ADV rider member Shark Kage is offering a special discount for $100 off!!! Please use coupon code ADVrider10 on our website or just give us a call at (702) 982-1400 and mention the ADV rider discount!!! Thanks again and please go check out the new website!
  19. Sharkkage

Sharkkage Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all Inmates!!!

Dan from Shark Kage here! We need your feedback and comments on what you guys think about the Shark Kage! I want to hear what our true die-hard members think of our product. We appreciate all of your support! :D

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sharkkage
  20. ttime4four

ttime4four JZ

Oddometer:
    How does one get this deal? The buy now link launches to Amazon and the discount code shows as "not valid".

Thanks!