True Dual Sport and Adventure “RIDERS” of Central and Eastern NC……..

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by wparkinson, Mar 13, 2011.

1. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    Starting a new thread dedicated to those of you out there that &#8220;RIDE&#8221; DS/ADV motorcycles.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I don&#8217;t mean the Dual Sport Owners Group (DSOG)&#8230;..those of you out there that own DS/ADV motorcycles and never ride them on DS/ADV terrain.

If your definition of DS/ADV riding is taking that one dirt road a mile or so away from the house when your significant other will &#8220;ALLOW&#8221; you out of the house for an hour to ride, this thread ain&#8217;t for you.

If you ride your DS/ADV scooter to the store to get the six pack of beer that you sneak into your garage so you can gawk at your garage queen and think about riding, this thread ain&#8217;t for you.

If you post here on ADVrider and tell people how you want to ride but can&#8217;t because the wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, or life partner won&#8217;t let you go cause you have to rub their feet, or water the roses while they go to the beach or shopping, this thread ain&#8217;t for you.

If you have a DS motorcycle and have not &#8220;RIDDEN&#8221; it more than twice in a year, this thread ain&#8217;t for you.

If you trailer your bike to some closed off road riding area and are afraid to put a few road miles on it to get to that pristine DS terrain, this thread ain&#8217;t for you.

Mad props to HS, Enduro, Flat Track and MX racers, but if you truck or trailer your non plated bike to the track and ride it there, this thread ain&#8217;t for you.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    If you leave the house and RIDE your motorcycle to get &#8220;OFF ROAD&#8221;, get it muddy, flog it, set up camp or grab a shyte hole flea bag room, wake up the next morning, and do it all over again this thread IS for you.<o:p></o:p>

I&#8217;m starting this thread because I want to ride DS/ADV bikes with people that WANT to ride&#8230; that WANT to get out of their comfort zone once in a while&#8230; like to cross state lines on their bike, wake up some place other than home, and just plain love to ride&#8230;This is a DS/ADVriding thread&#8230;.ride what you got&#8230; but be ready to ride. <o:p></o:p>

I know riders have to start somewhere and we will take that into consideration&#8230;..

This is not JO momma either&#8230;&#8230; figure out if you fit in here or not&#8230; think before you post and post what is on your mind but don&#8217;t come here with a chip on your shoulder and start a lot of crap&#8230;.. I will ask the MOD to take it out quick&#8230;

If you don&#8217;t like or agree with what I have said above don&#8217;t post here&#8230;..there are plenty of other threads that you can follow, or better yet you can start your own thread&#8230; <o:p></o:p>

BTW&#8230; WELCOME!!!!! LET&#8217;S F&#8217;ing ride YFFers&#8230;&#8230;.
  2. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler Long timer

Oddometer:
    WP, I'm in. :thumb

First, I don't think anybody fits all the descriptions above. We all have things in life that pull us different directions. I use DS/ADV riding and HS/Enduro/Rally racing as a break from the rat race. I don't fit the description as you have it set up. I like to race. I like to trailer a bike to off road areas to ride with the boys, and I like to get on the bike and rip it up for a couple of hours close to the house when I get a break from farm chores. Hell, I even like throwing the wife on back of the bike and bar hopping.

I wouldn't think of jumpin on the Berg and ridin from my A53 to the mountains, but I would jump on the SE and make the same trip to get to DS nirvana.

The objective of this thread as I read the 1st post is to focus/post about DS/Adv type riding opportunities.

We had that crowd for awhile in our area, but people move and life happens.

Can't wait to get some of these type rides together. :ricky:kumbaya:ricky:kumbaya

Anybody else out there that likes this kind of ridin? :ear

I don't think WP wants to exclude anyone, but let's post about DS/ADV type rideing and subject matter.
  3. 919nick

919nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't hate on the garage queen, beer drinking, tinkerers. How else am I going to find another pristine 03 DR650 with less than 3k on it.

BTW, I'm in. Unless having a job cuts into the riding time too much.
  4. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    no excuses....
  5. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard 919.

All inmates are welcome (racers, posers, squids, noobs...etc), but it seems to me that WP is looking for the posts on this thread to actually pertain to DS/ADV ridin as he's laid out in the 1st post.

This is going to be fun. Definitely see us gettin into a little trouble and ridin some cool places. :evil

Ride safe Bro!
  6. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    There are going to be some fun times..... Epic rides....
  7. 919nick

919nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's what I'm hoping for. I gave up the sport bike for a dual sport for some adventure.
  8. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    There is hope for you yet.... :D
  9. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    Bout time poser.....
  10. CplRooster

CplRooster I'm a what?

Oddometer:
    Let me check with the wife, but I should be good and in.:D
    CoatsEast likes this.
  11. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    ......already.....

12. RicoR

RicoR bR41n d4m6ed :/

Oddometer:
    Good call, WP.

I need to make this thread in the PNW to weed out the pussies.

:lol3
  13. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    :thumb Feel free to copy and paste... :D
  14. CplRooster

CplRooster I'm a what?

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  15. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    We are not discussing that here... this is not a debate..

I know that those are good folks down there.....and that is their choice to ride there... This thread is not for that type of riding...

Not real big on ashpalt either but it is a necessary evil... Sometimes you gotta ride it to get to where you want to go.

Not all ADV rides start at home.. Trucking or trailering makes sense to to get to where you want to ride. No only from a logistical point but a saftey point....

Sounds like you had a pretty good day....
  16. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Dood, Great to hear from you. How's it been going out there? Good ridin I bet.

We're tryin to get a DS crew together like we used to have around here.

Wish you were here to play man!

Lost alot of the old regulars, but we're still rippin it up when we can.

Stay safe!
  17. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    Hey EDK... you didn't have to nuke both your posts...

:huh

Like TW said this isn't a US vs them thing...... we just want to talk DS/ADV......

:ricky
  18. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    I fixed your post WP. :lol3
  19. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    Thanks TW...... :thumb
  20. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer: