Yooperbikemike's 2011 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 7, 2010.

1. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    Agreed, as always. :deal

I can't imagine how devastating it is for VR to be in this position, yet he fights and fights. Anyone that slags him at this point has no idea what it takes to be a champion. It's tough enough to be on top; it's agony to know you are better and yet be at the back, day after day, month after month, enduring the worst endearment: sympathy.

Really, anyone doubting any of these guys has no right. This is the elite of the elite; the F-22 pilots, the Einsteins, the Big Show. If you are even invited, you get my respect, no matter where you sit.
  2. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    Agreed in so many ways. It is easy to say that someone is slow and sucks. A perfect example is right now Elias is considered the slowest in the paddock.
    if you look at the hierarchy of riders and your skill this might put it into perspective.
    First time i went to the track i was for a Penguin school and I was on a borrowed nicely setup newish 1989 ZX7. I got going pretty good and in the first open practice not one person passed me and i passed a few guys. A few laps in i was making a series of lefts thing I am invincible and Scott Russel better watch out. When suddenly on the inside and outside three EX500's passed me like I was standing still. The three guys were instructors who were racing for lunch. They were so fast it was incomprehensible. The next day I watched a race and they finished in the 5-10th places and I realized how fast the winners must be. The following race we went up to Loudon and there were a few national local guys practicing (Jimmy Adamo, Dale Quarterly, Dave Sadowski, Chris D'allusio <sp?>) and they smoked the fast guys from the week before and looked unbeatable. Then i went to a national and i saw the gap to Russel, DuHammel, Polen, and i realized their speed. Then you see one of those guys ride MotoGP and not be a front runner.
    The difference between the slowest guy on a MotoGP bike and the fastest club racers is like the difference between me and Usian Bolt having a foot race.
  3. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    :lol3

My favourite quote of all time is from that great philosopher, Dirty Harry Callaghan; "A man's gotta know his limitations"

[​IMG]
  4. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    I am OK with Rossi not doing great. I am not anti Rossi, but I have buddies tat are fans just cause he is Rossi. I do not belive in "band wagon'ing". I have been a Nicky fan since I started watching GP in 2005. It pains me to watch him move backwards race after race...but I still root for the guy.

Now having said that, I am not really a Stoner fan either. He is a great rider, but doesn't make the racing exciting at all. BUT, I think what we have right now is the best rider on the best bike....IMHO.

Rossi was the best rider at one point. I do not think he is now.

IMO..put Rossi and Stoner on the exact same bike, and I think Stoner would beat him...would not be a run away like we have been seeing most weeks this season, but I think it would be close with Casey coming out on top.
  5. Florin

Florin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A luxury Stoner never dreamed of. I don't think people are making fun of him because he is no longer on top of things. I think people are making fun of him because Rossi and his entourage gave Stoner a lot of shit in the last few years and are making up excuses as they go, now.

Everybody gives him credit for the Yamaha. I wonder what he would have done without Furusawa's magic fairy dust.

Did he really say that if he would be on a Repsol Honda he would beat Stoner?
  6. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely.
  7. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Leave the comparison with the fly boys out of it. F22 are the cutting edge BUT much easier to fly than an eagle or viper.
    Compare an atari computer with an iPad.

Agreed that the riders are the top of the bill, most of us would not even make it through turn 1.
  8. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    After watching Moto 2 race from Aragon I realized that if Moto GP boys would ride Moto 2 bikes but still call it Moto GP it would not lose any popularity. Who really cares what they are riding? It's all about drama, action and rooting for your favorite.
  9. onetravdown

onetravdown I can't ride where?

Oddometer:
    I completely disagree. But it would be fun to watch.
  10. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    It would never happen, but fun to think about it.
  11. onetravdown

Oddometer:
    Yeah I know. But I bet it would be a lot more exciting to watch than any of the GP races lately. :snore
  12. ropedrag

ropedrag Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Having had a MotoGP video pass for a few years now I've gone through an evolution as a fan. The first couple of years I'd only watch the MotoGP class, then I started watching a few 250 class races, then I found myself watching even a few more than the year before, as it became Moto2, now and especially after Sundays race I find MotoGP boring in comparison, and can only imagine it getting worse with claiming rule teams in the future.

I love everything about MotoGP except for the lack of intense flag to flag battles for the podium. A battle between a couple of riders for a couple of laps isn't doing it for me anymore.:cry

Is there a cure?
  13. xtop20A

xtop20A Banned

Oddometer:
    rossi would not stand a chance.he doesnt have the ability to ride with the hang off and get silly loose style that is required to go fast these days.he is "too smooth"
    ymmv yust my hoe
  14. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    Rossi to test radical new Ducati chassis at Jerez

[​IMG]
  15. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    Take 2 AMA Superbike races and call me in the morning
  16. onetravdown

Oddometer:
    It's as if I wrote this post.

Again, I don't agree. But it's not like we're ever going to find out in a 1 on 1 shootout.
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Well, we know Rossi's got nothing for Jorge on equal equipment. :eek1

:1drink

:shog
  18. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    Exactly. :D
  19. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    Yeah, he did go toe to toe with jorge with his broken leg and fucked up shoulder. Jorge did win, didn't he? :lol3

Would that have happened if VR was healthy? If the Duc was better last year, Casey might have won. Dunno.

Not putting anybody down, but some of the situations are not apples to apples.
  20. onetravdown

Oddometer:

Exactly? We weren't even talking about Lorenzo. That's not even a contest. Jorge is the best rider in the field without question. But if it's between the gutless whiner Stoner and Rossi on equal machines, I'm taking VR.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk