Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route (IDBDR) 2015-Who's In?

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by IdahoRenegade, Sep 29, 2014.

1. nwlinux

nwlinux Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dang. I had already downgraded my sleeping bag to my 40 degree. The 100 degree daytime temps freaked my out a bit. I guess it's better to take up a bit more space than to be freezing at night. Thanks!
  2. Pistondriven

Pistondriven Failure to Yielder

Oddometer:
    I just use a yoga type mat and 2 fleece sleeping bags. One under me on the mat and I'm im in the other. They roll up together small. Then an Army wool blanket. Then I take all my pants jackets etc and bury myself. Also tent is set up with a tarp between it and the ground. Not recommending just saying I usually sleep well around freezing temps.
    Fun times
  3. Brian7cees

Brian7cees Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. Brian7cees

Oddometer:
    I use a north face 20 degree bag on back country trips. It was an expensive bag, but dies also stuffs down into a small package. To jebit was $ well spent.
  5. Brian7cees

Oddometer:
    Bar an emergency I'm in for the ride if there is still room. I am confirtable at any pace the group rides. Will be riding my 525exc with giant loop luggage so am self sufficient.
  6. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

YES.

In my experience, a 40 degree bag means you'll survive a 40 degree night, not sleep through it. This time of year, at those elevations, I've been snowed on at night.
  7. gmountai

gmountai Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, but I am out. Was hoping to tag along first few days but does not look like work schedule will allow.
  8. Pistondriven

Oddometer:
    That stinks. There seems to be groups always going. Perhaps tag along with another. We are leaving for Pine the 2nd. I'll leave in the morning and fish Anderson while waiting for my buddy who's leaving Boise around 6pm. Camping at Elk above Pine and soak in the hot springs. You're welcome to join for part or all. Dang work schedules.
  9. nwlinux

nwlinux Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Alright, alright. I guess that I'll pack my 20 degree. It's better to pack too warm than too cold.
  10. nwlinux

nwlinux Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We should be within a day or so apart, depending on my pace. I'll be in Pine on the 30th riding a Red frame Tiger 800 XC.
  11. gmountai

gmountai Adventurer

Oddometer:

Hmmmm, the other conundrum. Do I miss my wife's 40 year class reunion in Glens Ferry that weekend, or do I fish, soak and ride with some fine folks and come home to find all my stuff in a pile in the driveway? Tough decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. gmountai

gmountai Adventurer

Oddometer:

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
  13. Migrant

Migrant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Brian --
    As we talked about at Wallowa, that old work job thing has taken me out of this one.
    Have a great ride and hopefully someone from the group will post up some photos!
  14. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would. I have a Big Agnes lost river bag, which claims to be a 15 degree bag. I've had nights on the BOM where it felt good. Yeah, a little warm sometimes, but unzipping is better than being cold.
  15. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bummer about the work stuff. Maybe I'll see you on the BOM next year. I need to talk with Ron, maybe we can work some north Idaho stuff into that loop. I seriously hope he doesn't get burned out organizing it, those BOM rides have been some of the best vacations of my life. Was great seeing you again on Wallowa.
  16. Pistondriven

Oddometer:
    Double whammy. Dang. Atleast you put her first. Lot of guys wouldn't.
    I got lucky. I just owe Her Majesty a high mountain lakes 3 day hike in August. That and about 20 ass kissing date nights;). Luckily I can trailer the KLR on that one.
  17. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is how I spent my 33 year anniversary. We were on a 2 week ride to the COG Nationals in Cortez CO. We spent the night of our anniversary in a room with our friends. It wasn't too romantic, but then again we have been married for 33 years.

[​IMG]
  18. dragonfinder1

dragonfinder1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We were up on the Lolo Motorway and found some things on the trail between the Indian Post Office and the Smoking Place. If you lost them, PM me and I'll see that you get them back.

I'll try and track them through the ESN, that might work.

Dave
  19. Wansfel

Wansfel I'm not lost! The world is just a bit misplaced.

Oddometer:
    Got off the Motorway last Sunday, four of us, but haven't heard any reports of missing items.
  20. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kenaroo said in post 2101 under Palouse Riders he lost a Jesse Pannier. Hopefully that is what you found