NC ABC Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by FishHunt, Sep 13, 2010.

1. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    Welcome to NC-ABC Tag-O-Rama!

What is NC-ABC Tag-O-Rama? It is North Carolina Alphabetically By County Tag-O-Rama. It is a game that will hopefully get a tag placed in all 100 counties of North Carolina. There is a list below that has all 100 counties listed from A to Y. The first tag will be placed in Alamance county and whoever grabs that tag has to place the next tag in the next county on the list, which is Alexander county.

The game will run until all 100 counties have been tagged. After all 100 counties have been tagged we can start over or end the game. File tags to place a new tag are encouraged to help keep the game moving. The distance is long between some counties that follow each other on the list, so riders will have a longer time than most tag games to place the next tag. With a little planning and watching when the tag is coming to your county this will be a fun game for all.

Simple rules of the game are below. Mostly the same rules as the NC TOR game.

1. FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG. File tags for placing the tag are encouraged to help keep the game moving.

2. THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. If a road is goverment MAINTAINED and LEGAL to ride then it is fair game. It does not matter if the road is gravel, dirt or sand. When you claim the new tag please take a minute to tell us where in that county the tags was located.

3. NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR.There is no "too far" in this game. The whole idea behind the game is to get more people out riding more of the state.

4. TAG MUST BE FINDABLE. If a tag is standing too long U will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.

5. HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. The first rider to post a picture of their bike at the new tag wins the tag. That rider then has a whole 21 days to place the next tag in the next county on the list. Allowing a longer time to post a new tag will allow riders that have a limited riding time, time to place the next tag.

6. AFTER 21 DAY RULE: If the rider that grabbed the last tag does not have the next tag posted within 21 days the tag is open for anyone to grab. To grab the tag you have to grab the previous county tag and post the pic. Again this is first post wins. It doesn't matter if it is a "BRUCED" pic but it can not be a file tag to claim the tag.

The county list is below. I will add the riders name and location beside each county in this post as each county is tagged. I'll start the game with Alamance county.

County map with each county numbered 1 to 100 and A to Z. Thanks for making this map Blur.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Counties listed A to Y , inmate that grabbed the tag and location of tag.

Alamance County, NC - NC-Okie - Alamance Battleground - Near the town of Alamance, NC
    Alexander County, NC - IndiaPaleAle - Civil War Monument near the courthouse Taylorsville, NC
    Alleghany County, NC - NC-Okie - Low water bridge over New River near Amelia, NC
    Anson County, NC - lostmarbles - Vetrans Memorial Anson Co courthouse Wadesboro, NC
    Ashe County, NC - ValveCrusher - New River Winery, Lansing, NC
    Avery County, NC - FishHunt - Elk Falls near Elk Park, NC
    Beaufort County, NC - buddha - Belhaven Memorial Museum - Belhaven, NC
    Bertie County, NC - Flashback -
    Cable ferry on the Cashie River at Sans Souci, NC
    Bladen County, NC - buddha - Tatum Cemetery in Bladen Lakes State Forest.
    Brunswick County, NC - NC-Okie - Orton Pond just off Hwy 133 near the Orton Plantation.
    Buncombe County, NC - JoeWannaB - Blue Ridge Parkway Welcome Center on the BRP.
    Burke County, NC - papanaq - Table Rock sign on H
    wy 181 north/Ginger Cake Rd. in Newland, NC
    Cabarrus County, NC - FishHunt & lostmarbles - Muffler Masters sign on Hwy 601 Kannapolis, NC
    Caldwell County, NC - NC-Okie - Carolina Mist Winery downtown Lenoir, NC
    Camden County, NC - FishHunt - Dismal Swamp Canal South Mills, NC
    Carteret County, NC - NC-Okie - Fish Hook Grill - Harkers Island, NC
    Caswell County, NC - Flashback - Thomas Day House - Milton, NC
    Catawba County, NC - Ed S - Bakers Mountain Park - Hickory, NC
    Chatham County, NC - FishHunt - Southern Supreme - Bear Creek, NC
    Cherokee County, NC - ph0rk - Henn Theatre - Murphy, NC
    Chowan County, NC - NC-Okie - The Barker House - Edenton, NC
    Clay County, NC - Aarrff - WWI, WWII Memorial to the fallen of Hayesville, NC
    Cleveland County, NC - NC-Okie - Owl's Eye Vineyard & Winery - Shelby, NC
    Columbus County, NC - MikeBike4 - Lake Waccamaw Depot Museum - Lake Waccamaw, NC
    Craven County, NC - truck6driver and son - Minnesott Beach Ferry - Havelock, NC
    Cumberland County, NC - NC-Okie - Veterans Medical Center - Fayetteville, NC
    Currituck County, NC - FishHunt - Currituck Beach Lighthouse - Corolla, NC
    Dare County, NC - wlm2048 - Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge - East Lake, NC
    Davidson County, NC - lostmarbles - Bill's Truck Stop - Linwood, NC
    Davie County, NC - NC-Okie - Joppa Cemetery - Mocksville, NC
    Duplin County, NC - wlm2048 - Tarkil Branch Homestead Museum - Beulaville, NC
    Durham County, NC - Ed S - "Major" bull statue CCB Plaza - Durham, NC
    Edgecombe County, NC - hscrugby - Tarboro Cotton Press - Tarboro, NC
    Forsyth County, NC - RevBill - Korner's Folly House - Kernersville, NC
    Franklin County, NC - Flashback - Laurel Mill - near Louisburg, NC
    Gaston County, NC - DEPARKER1817 - Creamline near Hardins, NC
    Gates County, NC - RevBill - Old Courthouse - Gatesville, NC
    Graham County, NC - DEPARKER1817 - Thunder Mtn Store - Robbinsville, NC
    Granville County, NC - wb57 - NC/Va State Line Hwy 15 - Near Grassy Creek Rec Area
    Greene County, NC - STBNE - Speight-Bynum House - Near Stantonsburg, NC
    Guilford County, NC - DEPARKER1817 - Eastern Guilford High School - Gibsonville, NC
    Halifax County, NC - Flashback - Medoc Mtn State Park - Hollister, NC
    Harnett County, NC - DEPARKER1817 - Anderson Creek Hunting Preserve - Lillington, NC
    Haywood County, NC - JoeWannaB - Blue Ridge Moto Camp Ground - Canton, NC
    Henderson County, NC - RidingDonkeys - Carl Sandburg Home - Flat Rock, NC
    Hertford County, NC - Flashback - Roberts-Vaughan House - Murfeesboro, NC
    Hoke County, NC - truck6driver - Old Hwy 401 Gilchrist Bridge - Near Raeford, NC
    Hyde County, NC - ncroadtoad - Mattamuskeet Lodge - Near Swanquarter, NC
    Iredell County, NC - augiedog - Fort Dobbs - Near Statesville, NC
    Jackson County, NC - lonewolf97 - Veterans Memorial - Sylva, NC
    Johnston County, NC - Flashback - Ava Gardner Museum - Smithfield, NC
    Jones County, NC - ncroadtoad - Catfish Lake - Croatan Nat'l Forest
    Lee County, NC - truck6driver - Atlantic and Western Locomotive #12 - Sanford, NC
    Lenoir County, NC - RidingDonkeys - Civil War Monument - Kinston, NC
    Lincoln County, NC - augiedog - Lincoln County Courthouse - Lincolnton, NC
    Macon County, NC - JoeWannaB - AT trail/Otter Creek Rd - Near Burningtown, NC
    Madison County, NC - augiedog - Gentry Hardware - Hot Springs, NC
    Martin County, NC - Flasher - Welcome sign - Robersonville, NC
    McDowell County, NC - augiedog - Nebo Casket Store - Nebo, NC
    Mecklenburg County, NC - 1911tyler - Nat'l Whitewater Center - Charlotte, NC
    Mitchell County, NC - Flasher - Isinglass Village - Spruce Pine, NC
    Montgomery County, NC - lostmarbles - Yates Place Camp - Uwharrie, NC
    Moore County, NC - luni - SSG Justin Marquez's gravesite - Aberdeen, NC
    Nash County, NC - lonewolf97 - Veterans Memorial - Rocky Mount, NC
    New Hanover County, NC - Icecold Dan - Fort Fisher State Historic Site
    Northampton County, NC lonewolf97 - Northampton Museum - Jackson, NC
    Onslow County, NC - ncroadtoad - Olde Brick Store - Swansboro, NC
    Orange County, NC - lonewolf97 - Little River Regional Park - ncroadtoad - Sailing School - Oriental, NC
    Pamlico County, NC - ncroadtoad - Sailing School - Oriental, NC
    Pasquotank County, NC - Icecold Dan - Coca-Cola mural - Elizabeth City, NC
    Pender County, NC - ncroadtoad - Moores Creek National Battlefield - Currie, NC
    Perquimans County, NC - canuck76 - Jim "Catfish" Hunter Memorial - Hertford, NC
    Person County, NC - johnny2wheels - Robert L. Blackwell Marker - Hwy49 southwest of Roxboro, NC
    Pitt County, NC - ncroadtoad - Bethel Depot - Bethel, NC
    Polk County, NC - augiedog - Sunny View - Lake Lure, NC
    Randolph County, NC - FishHunt - GHS Corp - Hwy49 West, Farmer, NC
    Richmond County, NC - canuck76 - Smith Ferry Rd - Mangum, NC
    Robeson County, NC - RidingDonkeys - I.J. Williams Groc. - Rex, NC
    Rockingham County, NC - canuck76 - Gerbing Mfg. - Stoneville, NC
    Rowan County, NC - BC61 - Historic Salisbury mural - Salisbury, NC
    Rutherford County, NC - The Opa - Old Barn Salem Church Rd - Bostic, NC
    Sampson County, NC - buddha - SalemburgGrill - Salemburg, NC
    Scotland County, NC - luni - Laurel Hill Presbyterian Church - Laurel Hill, NC
    Stanly County, NC - lostmarbles - Morrow Mtn State Park - near Albemarle, NC
    Stokes County, NC - FishHunt - Hanging Rock State Park Access Dan River - Danbury, NC
    Surry County, NC - wlm2048 - Snappy Lunch - Mt. Airy, NC
    Swain County, NC - JoeWannaB - GSM Nat.Park Sign Lake View Rd. - "The Road To Nowhere"
    Transylvania County, NC - Icecold Dan - Whitewater Falls Scenic Area - Cashiers, NC
    Tyrrell County, NC - canuck76 - Pocosin Lakes Pungo Unit - in Hyde County not Tyrrell County
    Union County, NC - ncroadtoad - Old Courthouse - Monroe, NC
    Vance County, NC - WB57 - Kittrell Confederate Cemetery - Kittrell, NC
    Wake County, NC - schnabba - Sir Walter Raleigh statue - Progress Energy Center Raleigh, NC
    Warren County, NC - ncroadtoad - Warren Record Newspaper - Warrenton, NC
    Washington County, NC - canuck76 - Somerset Place - Creswell, NC
    Watauga County, NC - RidingDonkeys - Mast General Store - Valle Crucis, NC
    Wayne County, NC - Frankencycle - Mt. Olive Pickle Co - Mount Olive, NC
    Wilkes County, NC - jeff2051 - North Wilkesboro Speedway - N.Wilkesboro, NC
    Wilson County, NC -
    Yadkin County, NC
    Yancey County, NC
    Dracula likes this.
  2. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    Alamance county tag.

You can find this tag off of a two digit NC hwy that when the digits are added you get 8. Shots were fired in anger here for our country.

<>< Fish

Alamance Tag. The first picture is the tag shot. The second picture may be used for a night grab of this place. My bike is setting in the same spot for both pics. Good Luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. IndiaPaleAle

IndiaPaleAle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What sort of turnaround times are we expecting in this game?
  4. lostmarbles

lostmarbles Long timer

Oddometer:
    i my have to play this game :D but honestly i have never heard of a lot
    of these county's on this list:dunno i like the 7 day rule if one tag in the mountains and the next one at the cost than i can get a long ride in every weekend:clap
  5. IndiaPaleAle

Oddometer:
    Alright, after looking at my schedule, this tag is mine... on Wednesday or Thursday. :rofl

I was in this area looking for an NCTOR tag and I ended up getting stranded here after I stopped for directions and couldn't get my bike started afterward (rain + 1st Gen SV650).

The museum staff is super friendly, and gave me a one-on-one tour of the grounds. The history behind it is fascinating, and the flags you see in the tag are way cool, but I don't want to give too much away. Check it all out, and make sure to watch their documentary in the viewing room.
  6. Blur

Blur No It All.

Oddometer:
    Edit: see post #1 :D
  7. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    This game is about riding and having a bit of fun. I don't think it will be a fast paced game. Once you claim a tag you have 7 days to place the next tag in the next county on the list. If you plan ahead you can already have a file tag for the next county and focus on getting the current tag. The current tag is an easy day or night grab and from there it 100 miles (less than 2 hours) to the Alexander county line.

There are a lot of miles between some of the counties on the list. That is why file tags are encouraged to keep the game moving and you have 7 days to post the next county tag.

<>< Fish
  8. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    If you need some company while chasing down one or two of those unknown counties I can tag along if you are riding on Saturday or Sunday. I'd like to be able to say that I have rode in every county in our state. :ricky

<>< Fish
  9. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmm think it will last till Wednesday?
  10. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian All who wander r not lost

Oddometer:
    Okie I figured you'd be posting up some night tagging on this one by now...
  11. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    NC ABC Tag #1

Because it was pretty dark at 3:30 my tag shot was taken close to the covered plaque.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking back towards my bike.

[​IMG]

The Monument

[​IMG]

I wasn't sure just how cool it would be riding over the battlefield to get closer to the monument. Just thought that would be disrespectful.

All in all less then 470 miles.

[​IMG]

Spent sometime looking over the graveyard at Beaufort and the Battle of Alamance location off Hwy 62.
  12. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian All who wander r not lost

Oddometer:
    Geeze Okie it's about time! Was starting to think you were slacking off!
  13. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am, I gave CplRoster a day head start and I still made it to the Beaufort Cemetery before he did.

I guess my old wore out Red V4 is faster then his new state of the art Yeller VFR!!! Guess he should of gotten a red one.
  14. IndiaPaleAle

Oddometer:
    no :lol3
  15. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    Simply amazing riding Okie! :clap

I have 9 days of vacation coming up and if I am lucky I will be able to ride on two of them. :bluduh

<>< Fish

16. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    I will follow this in typical Armchair fashion. :D

I like the idea and it adds a new twist to the normal game. I will not be participating in this one, unfortunatly. :cry

Have fun guys abd be safe.

Ray
  17. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well trying to get things caught up here.

It might take me a few days to place an Alexander Tag. I have the wheels off the XRL, putting knobbies back on and getting it ready for the ride to Joe's this weekend for the 2nd Anniversary get together up there.

I dropped off the front wheel of MADnNC Vulcan to get replaced and I want to pull the rear wheel off the Vulcan. Not sure if it was just the awful condition of I-40 last night or if I have a bearing going south.

I won't break rule #6 though!!
  18. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Definately the condition of I40 Okie. I was puckering a little where it was stripped. If you want to go get a tag and your bikes are down, come see me.
  19. buddha

buddha buried in the sand...

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  20. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    NC-ABC Tag #2

Tag shot:

[​IMG]

Closer view of Monument:

[​IMG]

Excuse the large size but I liked what it said:

[​IMG]

The monument is located in the hometown of an individual that has several nicknames, Mr. September, Handsome H****, also shares a nickname with one of Burt Reynolds characters.

The biggest thing I learned looking for a tag in Alexander county is there isn't much in Alexander county! I dam sure didn't want to use the obvious gem mine either!

Good Hunting!!