Central Arkansas ride planning and whatever else thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Mister D, Oct 18, 2010.

1. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    I just haven't had the occasion of tagging along on one your rides but I will someday, if you'll tolerate me.

nlp
  2. guavadude

guavadude Dirt Nap Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    that helps thanks. I like your bike Nate! I read your RR from '07 and you might want to get some SW motech crash bars.
    Beemer plastic isn't cheap. Did you get flexible turn indicators. One more hit on mine and I need to do the same.

thanks again!
  3. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    I actually just replaced with an original, that Chain Gang member sent me. I have replaced the low front fender, after blowing a fork seal on a ride in 2011.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14537067&postcount=1519

This week I received a rear panel to replace the one I broke on this attempted ride home.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KLhwkx1-p3Y?list=UUXNHjKZWxFtibw4-7FV-ctA&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fortunately I've been able to find my parts cheap on fleabay and haven't worried too much about some crash bars. I have about 58K miles on my '06.

nlp
  4. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saturday was cold, wet, and miserable. We only rode 65 or so miles.
    Sunday was perfect. Dry, clear air and not too many bowhunters. The gas station/restaurant/grocery at Parks is not open Sundays. Lunch at Waldron. Fewer miles than on my solo days, but it was great to spend time with my brother. Once a year is about as often as it can happen since he lives a thousand miles away.
  5. Vinduroman

Vinduroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you had a great time today, arkansawyer.

I was out in the Poteau Mountains... maybe 25 miles from Waldron?

V-man
  6. Clinto4

Clinto4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A buddy of mine and I are leaving East Texas Oct 25 and heading to Arkansas for a few days of riding and camping. We ride KLR's and would like some advice on the best adv riding and camping. We'd also be glad to meet up with some of you locals. Thanks.
  7. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    There is a ride leaving LRK that Saturday AM, heading across the TAT to Oark, continuing on Sunday south of i40 around Mt Magazine, I understand some KLRs will be in attendance, PM me if interested
  8. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know of a good source of maps in the Mena area? Would like as much detail as possible for DS use. Trying to go up in a couple of weeks for some riding, never been to that area, company welcome. Mostly during the week, retired and don't really like dodging the quads on the weekends. Thank you.
  9. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any sport bike enthusiasts in Central AR?
  10. jglow

jglow Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer:

This map of the Ouachita NF is probably the most detailed I know of: http://theforeststore.com/product/ouachita-national-forest/

Also, free MVUM maps can be downloaded off of the Ouachita National Forest website here: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/ouachita/home/?cid=STELPRDB5156448&width=full

jordan
  11. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. Tinks

Tinks Demented Snow White

Oddometer:
    No. Just the squids who ride them. :lol3
  13. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:

In all the years I've ridden AR, sport bikes have been a rare site. When spotted, it's usually a squid in city traffic, almost always in warmer weather when flip flops are in season.
  14. treefrog

treefrog Too stupid to know when to quit.

Oddometer:
    There are a few around here, but I think they are pretty much done for the year. Although I did see a guy last week on a crotch rocket wearing shorts and a big puffy hoodie that had almost crawled up to the top of his helmet.

I put 400 miles in the Ozarks on Saturday. Beautiful fall foilage going on right now. Y'all better get out and see it before all the leaves are off the trees.
  15. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    City traffic? Where the hell are you riding, Little Rock???? :huh

Kinda funny, back when I was stuck in TX, groups as big as 30 of us sport bikers would come up to AR for a w/e. Never much cared for the large groups though. Hated waiting for slow dudes to catch up. But there were plenty of sport bikes out and about where we ride. Of course there's tons of cruisers as well. Still can't understand why those guys want to ride on roads like 123 and Push Mtn. on bikes that are ill designed for that kind of riding :dunno

Sad thing is, when I finally moved back here I didn't even own a sport bike. :lol3
  16. eightup

eightup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, figured I should introduce myself over here. I'm Josh, gonna be moving back to Conway here in a couple weeks. Anyone up for a ride after the 27th?
  17. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  18. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, thats embarrassing.
  19. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    You may have topped Doc! :D