1050 Tiger Luggage

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by CA Stu, Jun 13, 2007.

1. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    I have the factory rack and sliding base for the factory topbox, but I'm not totally in love with it. The sliding part is unique (weird). :dunno

I would like to hear opinions, both good and bad, from others that have mounted luggage on their new Tigers.

I like the looks of the SW-motech rack, but the large Givi box on it is fugly to my eye...

What is the best luggage for the new Tiger? :ear

Thanks
    CA Stu
  2. CanyonChaser

CanyonChaser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My buddy just put a Ventura rack on his Tiger and thinks its the bee's knees!

http://canyonchasers.net/reviews/accessories/ventura.php
    http://cycleventure.com/products/products.htm

dp
  3. LoFlow

LoFlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stu, I have the factory luggage. I then bought the SW Alu rack for the Triumph Sprint 1050 and it bolts right up to the Tigers rear grab rail. I then use their aluminum universal rack that dzus fastens on to that. You can also mount their various top box mounts to the basic Alu rack.
  4. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a way cleaner setup. I had the factory rack/topbox mount on my Sprint and my old Tiger, I wrongly assumed the new one would be similar design and function. It isn't. :bluduh

What do you think of the factory topbox?

I haven't seen one in person, but from the pictures, it looks strangely angular and I've read it won't even hold one full face helmet? Can this be true?

Thanks
    CA Stu
  5. Rincewind

Rincewind Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm very happy with my Alu-Rack and Givi V46 topcase set-up. It's very solid. It replaces the factory grab handles and uses the same bolts. The V46 can fit 2-helmets if the case is empty. Also it costs a fair bit less than the Triumph set-up.

The look is not hard to get used to because it's so convenient.

The plastic Givi rack is now becoming available as well, but I still prefer the Alu-rack. Both Givi and Sw-Motech racks appear to position the case a bit lower and further forward than the OEM rack. I have carried a passenger, briefly not touring, to test the Alu-rack/Givi's position - it was alright for her as she is thin, but the space would get a bit tight if you have a larger passenger.
  6. kindofblue

kindofblue Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer:
    I think there's 2 nice things you can say about the OEM luggage:

1. They're stylin' Especially the side bags
    2. The top case provides a really nice back rest for the pillion. It sits up much higher than the Givi top boxes.