Trans America Trail 2010: Who's Doing It?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by DirtyDR650, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Vinnie the Snake

Vinnie the Snake Long timer

Oddometer:

:beer, Thanks mate.
  2. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Aww, sorry you missed out :(:
    I had big plans to leave more, but only left 4. I think the one at the NV lookout (coyote mountain) might be there for a while so you might have another chance!

The guy at the Tiller market (oregon) also claimed that he sees "about 3 TAT riders a day" but I find it hard to believe. Wouldn't there be more tracks? We rarely saw other bike tracks, let alone any riders.

It probably just feels like TATers are all over the place 'cause we're all so filthy and disheveled and we roll in looking like Pig Pen. That'll catch the eye... :lol3
  3. kennyh

kennyh Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Vinnie,

Big-T and I will be heading west out of Green River probably the 30th or 31st. We'll look for you but may be a tad in front of you. We'll be on a 450exc and a wr250 yamahopper.

Can anyone recommend a good truck rental spot in oregon? We will probably have to haul back to Green River in order to get back home in time. WOOHOO!
  4. Tompound

Tompound M.M.S. Tommy

Oddometer:
    They were pretty ADV rider friendly so it might not be a problem you could always ask in advance good luck and have fun
  5. Vinnie the Snake

Oddometer:
    Will keep an eye out for you and pass the information on to Robert, the chase truck driver. He will be meeting me at places along the way since I am going to go back a finish with the vintage bike.

Rental places, Id call budget and get the closes location. They all going to be pretty much the same. Hope to see you out there on the TAT.
  6. ke4yyq

ke4yyq Ham

Oddometer:
    Four more days and a wake-up and we are headed out. Hope to be in Branford Co. Sunday. A little while checking out the bikes, changing tires and we should be on the trail Monday a.m heading west. Can`t wait.:D :D
  7. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Good chance I'll see you out there. I might be able to weasel one more day off of work, either the 31st or Sept 7th, I think I'll try for the 7th to avoid holiday traffic when I'm heading for the barn.
  8. StevieG

StevieG English Muffin

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving TN this coming weekend to attempt the whole thing, but I have a question for you guys - what are doing with your bikes when you get to Port Orford? I'll be riding up to Portland and flying back home, and right now am planning on leaving the bike in storage by the airport.
    Is anyone shipping their bikes back to the East coast anytime this year?! Maybe we could ship a few bikes together to save some $$$? :ear
    Thanks!
  9. ke4yyq

ke4yyq Ham

Oddometer:
    We are riding ours home. We are only doing Colorado though. But it is about 1500 miles from home to where the start of the trail is in Branford.

Two days and a wake-up :D :D
  10. AirborneAndy

AirborneAndy Vagabond

Oddometer:
    I found the luck charm you left at the top of Coyote Mountain :D. I couldn't think of anything to leave in its place. But, I did leave a few goodies at other places along the trail:

- a hydration pack somewhere in the hills between Richfield and Kanosh in UT.
    - a pair of gloves somewhere on the pass, southwest of Denio AZ.

If anyone finds them, let me know :lol3
  11. AugustFalcon

AugustFalcon Long timer

Oddometer:
    We found your hydration pack last year. Oh, and the pink shoes, too. Quite a fashion statement! We knew they were from someone who was hardcore since the left and right shoes were over 1,000 miles apart. :D
  12. bootz

bootz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One more week until we leave to do AR/OK/NM. Can't wait!! We should cross into OK late on the 4th or early on Sept 5th. We've added a third to our group. Should be good times:clap
  13. Vinnie the Snake

Oddometer:
    Chase Truck left today for Baker, Nv. Couple of us will be meeting the Truck in Baker on 06-Sep-10 to switch to the Vintage TAT Bike. We heading to Port Orford, then to Canadian border back South to Mexico.

If anyone needs help, on the trail, PM or call Kieth, he can always find me, and we can maybe offer assistance with the Chase Rig.

Hope to see some of you all on the Trail.
  14. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    What's the latest you can ride CO before it snows in the passes? I cannot seem to catch a break. My August has turned to September, now 'm looking at October. I'm just doing OK from where I left off, NM and CO, turning around ang heading back to my tow vehicle in OK. I'm having a terrible time putting together 8 days to pull it off.
  15. big-t

big-t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lost a fender bag somewhere in Cat canyon in the deep sand area.No big deal ,but wouldn't mind getting it back if you find it.Just had a spare tube,a couple of tire irons and an el cheap hand pump in it.
  16. Blazer1717

Blazer1717 Typing Ain't Ridin Punk

Oddometer:
    Title says it all. Headed east today, tomorrow from Gunnison to Bama, then on to the Dragon.

2 slots on 24"enclosed trailer pulled by 40ft. rv.

No big bikes, if you rode your GS or Harley pig out here,,,,, ride it home.

Guv
  17. Motorup

Motorup n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys!

I'm heading west in about a week to attempt to complete the 5000 miles on a KTM 640 Adventure! I'm in Seattle at the moment. I'm planning to do it solo but I would love to have some companions. My ultimate destination is Quebec City, Canada, so I will be on the road for a while!!

Dan
  18. ke4yyq

ke4yyq Ham

Oddometer:
    well myself and a Friend made it from Atlanta to Branson Colorado. ( did not think about a place to stay, which there are none) so we headed on to Trinidad. Changed the tires and went over the bikes and left the next morning. We are at Dove creek for the night. Will finish Colorado tomorrow. Then we will head back to Atlanta to be back at work first of the week. I will do a ride report with pics when I get home. Man have we got some pics. Colorado is awesome. Pretty good trip for a week, if we can pull it off.The boss will just have to understand if we are a little late.:D
  19. big-t

big-t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hooked up with the kiwi guys in Baker nv last night.The picked up my bag so I'm good.
    Managed to run in to them again this evening again.Great guys
  20. jthomas82

jthomas82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be picking the trail up north of Stillwater OK on Sept. 22. We will be attempting to make it to Moab if the weather in the high country of Colorado will participate. Anyone know what the latest in the year anyone has tried to go through the mountains. We will have a vehicle in Durango for the return trip home.