Texas/New Orleans around New Years

Discussion in 'Americas' started by B.C.Biker, Sep 4, 2012.

1. B.C.Biker

B.C.Biker mighty fine

Oddometer:
    Long story short, want to end up in New Orleans at New Years.
    Regular story is I want to ride southern Utah, Texas Hill country, New Years in New Orleans,ride Arkansas, Tennessee, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc. Won't the time ,$ or freedom to do it all at one time for a while.
    Leaving the west coast of Canada (where I live ) tomorrow. Need to be home around the 11th so will ride hard solo and south and so far am planing to store bike in probably Austin Texas and fly home. Around the 27th of December fly back with wife and ride to New Orleans. We will have until the 8th of January to be back home. Will store the bike and fly home again.
    We will be camping and staying in motels. Not to worried about chilly temps. Just no ice and snow on the highway. I know it is winter down south as well but will be way warmer than here ! Will be riding a FJ1100 so would like to avoid gravel roads unless it is a wicked short cut on way down. Only the trip down in the morning to get to a winter ridable storage location within a day or two of New Years destination will have time issues. The rest of the journey could go indefinetly flying / riding / storing.
    Any suggestion on a shop that stores bikes in Austin? Would prefer a shop over storage unit or private deal so I could get tires, maintence and such done in my absence.
    Any suggestions on a better plan are welcome!
  2. kobukan

kobukan almost gnarly

Oddometer:
  3. B.C.Biker

B.C.Biker mighty fine

Oddometer:
    Good idea. I'll ask a specific or two over there. But I'm still all ears to some one who has done a similar trip. :ear