Darwin to Dili

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by gringito, Jan 29, 2015.

1. gringito

gringito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

I know this thematic has been treated quite a few times in this forum, and i found really interesting stuff... but cause the post were quite old _ more than 1 year _ anyone got an update for the shipping price for a moped from darwin to east timor ?

Cheers,

Nick

PS: By the way I'll probably have a lot more questions soon, my plan is to reach Belgium with a postie ( start in sydney )
  2. peter4d

peter4d Life is an adventure

Oddometer:
    Contact these guys for pricing. I did it about 15 months ago with Toll for A$400 for a BMW 800GS.

Looks like Toll Perkins have dropped the Dilli sailings so try Swire Shipping

Service Frequency

Frequency every 22 days
    Quick transit times from Singapore to Darwin (7 days)
    Direct connections through our global network to East Timor and Darwin via Singapore

Calling
    Singapore, Benete Bay, Darwin, Dili
    Click here to download Service Framework

Contact Us

To find out more about East Timor (Dili) and Darwin Service please contact our trade desks at;

Singapore: dili@swirecnco.com

Dili: dil@sdv.com
    Darwin: ssadrw@swireshipping.com
  3. WheelsOnFeet

WheelsOnFeet going home overland

Oddometer:
    Mate,
    this is the price i got it from ANL. No more toll. Its called "ANL Perkins Xpress".
    My bike - Honda CRF250L...about 3.3m3. around 200kg.

Bunker Adjustment Factor
    USD
    EDN
    Customs EDN
    AUD
    FRT
    International Freight
    USD
    ODOC
    Origin Documentation Fee
    AUD
    OSEC
    Origin Security Surcharge
    AUD
    OTHC
    Origin Terminal Handling
    AUD
    CFS
    Stuffing Charges
    AUD
    CAF
    Timor Tax 2.64%
    USD
    Total about $700....seems way too expensive!
    lemme know if you have received any different price bud/ when you thinking of going? i'm planning on taking May 6th Boat across.
    cheers
    raj​
  4. gringito

gringito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi mate,
    Yes I finally got the information from ANL... and yes my 1st reaction was : WTF ! back in the days it was under 500$... the quote they sent me was a bit cheaper than your, bit I presume is due to the weight/size of my bike...I'll probably leave around mid of July, if you find a cheaper plan, don't hesitate to share mate. then where are you going to ? through Myanmar ?

BAF
    Bunker Adjustment Factor
    AUD
    EXEDN
    Export Declaration (EDN)
    AUD
    FRT
    International Freight
    AUD
    BL
    Origin Documentation Fee
    AUD
    SEC
    Port Security Surcharge
    AUD
    OFORW
    Port Service Charge
    AUD
    CFS
    Stuffing Charges
    AUD
    CAF
    Timor Tax 2.64%
    AUD
  5. Telkwa7

Telkwa7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are also looking at ways of getting from Oz (most likely Darwin) to SEA. In addition to the Darwin Dili route does anyone know if the bike can be flown from Darwin to Denpasar, Bali and if so, through which freight forwarder?
  6. Drwnite

Drwnite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    G'day Guys,

You cant fly a bike from Darwin to Dili, no wide body aircraft.

From Bali maybe but it's going to cost about $2000.

I have hosted many, many good people over the years (and just one dickhead) coming and going to Dili with their bikes, all of which have only one complaint - ANL

The only option from Darwin is ANL and it will cost you about $1000. They have the monopoly, cant schedule a toaster let alone a ship from Darwin to Dili and expect to wait anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks for the privilege! The ANL office in Darwin is inaccessible and they will not help you, everything must be done through Melbourne by phone.

Sorry for the bad news and it embarrasses me but while I've still got the house, there's a good place to pitch the tent and have a BBQ and a few coldies:freaky

ANL - 03 88425489 Sandy (Doesn't know shit from clay but there it is!)

PJ Customs - 89 472575 Good people who help.

AQUIS - 892070404

Customs - 1300 363263
  7. gringito

gringito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes not easy... and cheap though... the cheapest way I found to ship motorbike to Asia, was an air freight from Sydney to Singapore... But anyway, I'll probably do Darwin-->Dilli around early/mid July (If my postie is still alive) I'll give you a shout later Drwnite ;)
  8. Drwnite

Drwnite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :thumb:freaky
  9. Telkwa7

Telkwa7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gringito, do you have any more information on the Sydney to Singapore option; cost carrier etc.??
    Thanks
  10. gringito

gringito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes I do... My contact is christian@matzencargo.com and he is super friendly.
    copy of his quote for a postie bike :

cheapest is by ship to Singapore please see below options please note some are in different currencies

1. you will need a crate for the bike so maybe get onto a Honda dealer near you this should cost around AUD$ 50.00 (or a case of beer)
    2. if your hopping from Country to Country to avoid paying import taxes you organise an ATA Carnet document with Australian Customs this will allow you to travel without it cost you an arm and a leg.
    3. If you require us to pack the bike in the crate we charge AUD$ 300.00 but you can do this yourself at our place and save the $$ the bike needs to be clean, defueled and purged with a white spirit and the battery disconnect and terminals sealed
    4. Sea freight to Singapore CFS (3 weeks transit) = AUD$ 150.00
    5. Sea Freight Destination port charges in Singapore approximately SGD$ 400.00
    6. Air Freight to Singapore airport (2 days transit) = AUD$ 600.00
    7. Air Freight destination terminal fees approximately SGD$ 100.00
    8. Sea freight to Dili East Timor (3 weeks transit) = AUD$ 1800.00
    9. Destination port charges in Dili East Timor approximately USD$ 350.00
    10. Air Freight to Dili is not an option they only have little planes going there so unless you want to total disassemble the bike it won’t fit on the plane

If you decide Singapore is the destination we have an agent there that can assist you on that end they are called Compass Rose Freight Systems details below

Compass Rose Freight Systems Pte Ltd
    27 Penjuru Lane, C&P Logistics Hub 2,
    #01-01 (Bay 8), Singapore 609195
    Tel: (65) 6227 2680 Fax: (65) 6220 9308
    Email: compas65@singnet.com.sg / chongwee@compassrose.com.sg
  11. Telkwa7

Telkwa7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gringito, thanks for this information. Would you happen to know if this air freight option is available from Perth?
    I will call your contact to explore other options; thanks again.
  12. gringito

gringito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Smaller the city is bigger the costs are... Air Freight Perth to Singapore airport is AUD$ 1700.00... You can contact walter@interfreight.net.au he is a forwarder in perth.
  13. Drwnite

Drwnite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guy's

I saw this in my search to get around dealing with ANL out of Darwin, maybe there's a deal to be had out of Perth on Malaysian Airline's to KL?

http://www.maskargo.com/promotions/give-your-ride-lift

I might have a contact in Qantas Freight, I'll try get in touch next week to see what's available DRW -SIN. I think Jetstar has the only wide body aircraft going to SIN out of Darwin.

Now having said that, I believe it's quite expensive to get your bike into Singapore but ....... It's easy enough, cheap and only a few K's to truck it straight to KL
  14. Telkwa7

Telkwa7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks again for the information you guys.
    I have emailed Christian and Walter and will let you know what I find out. I am really interested in flying into Denpasar or Surabaya then maybe KL. Although I have a carnet it appears I am not covered for Singapore.
  15. gringito

gringito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No worries, please if you hear anything interesting from Australia to DPS keep me posted as well... Cause basically I'm thinking to do Darwin -> Dili not by choice but only cause it's the cheapest... and by the way I'll probably leave Australia around early/mid July-ish
  16. Meriwether

Meriwether Following big footprints.

Oddometer:
    Hi gringito,
    Darwin -> Dili not by choice ? I'm surprised, I rode my Suzuki VS1400 through Indonesia on my way to Europe back in 2010 when Perkins Freight made it relatively cheap and easy. It was the highlight of my trip, stunning scenery, no problems catching local ferries between the islands, the people are so friendly and welcoming, Timor, Flores, Sumbawa, Lombok, what a fantastic experience, I would love to do it all again. Whatever you do, do not bypass Indonesia and Timor Leste.
    Cheers,
    Mark.
  17. RDT953

RDT953 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I completely agree with the comment above. Timor Leste and Indonesia are brilliant places to visit and especially on a small bike. I did this trip as far as Northern Thailand on a Postie and had a great time. If you haven't already found it you should look on here for my RR "Following the Front Wheel". If you need or want contacts through Indonesia let me know and I'll put you in touch with the Honda Cub club, they have branches all over Indonesia and will take good care of you.

My next adventure starts in June. Japan to Russia via Sakhalin and then into Mongolia. Who knows we might cross paths somewhere near Turkey.
  18. Drwnite

Drwnite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    G'day Guys,

Thought this may help,

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-transport/shipping-darwin-dili-indo-july-81447

Looking to share a container with a motorbike around July for shipping from Darwin to Dili (Indo).

The following are the costs

Car Sent to Dili, Timor Leste

Ocean charges 20" Currency
    Ocean Freight and BAF FRT00$ 1,400.00 USD
    CSF ISS01 $ 12.00 USD

Darwin Locals
    THC THC58 $ 279.00 AUD
    IPS IPS01 $ 5.00 AUD
    DOC FEE26 $ 85.00 AUD
    EDN FEE36 $ 60.00 AUD
    PRA FEE36 $ 60.00 AUD
    DG HAZ03 $ 20.00 AUD
    STRAPS LTR00 $ 90.00 AUD
    Packing LTR00 $ 140.00 AUD
    Transport CAR00 $ 145.00 AUD

Dili Locals
    East Timor Tax TAX33 $ 36.96 USD
    Wharfage $ 50.00 USD
    unpack $ 30.00 USD
    DOC FEE30 $ 30.00 USD

+ $140 for packing for extra unit (Vehicle)

I calculated $2743.77 AUD with all the currency conversion

There is a ship that leaves on the 7/7/15 or 29/7/15

Cheers Dave
  19. Telkwa7

Telkwa7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Update on flying bike to SEA from Oz;

I am flying the bike from Perth to Denpasar in the next few days. I am using Ivan from Bikesabroad. The total cost incl crating is A$2100 landed in Denpasar. I am going this route as I could not risk spending several weeks in Dili waiting for the bike, as I am now about ten weeks behind schedule.
  20. gringito

gringito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll do it around mid-end July, Already book my flight with Air North (21h July)... Other question, do you have info about Indonesian border ? Are they issuing visa there or is highly recommended to apply for an electronic visa prior the arrival ?Thanks