*Guzzi Riders Sign In With Pic*

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by R59, Jan 17, 2006.

1. MayorOfBBQ

MayorOfBBQ Come at me bro

Oddometer:

Are those V65 valve covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got this 06 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 last Valentines Day. It has a yss shock, Mistral crossover/cf can, heated grips, Barkbusters, Hippohands, Givi screen, and a Giantloop Ft. Rock top bag(70L plus capacity + it makes the bosslady feel safer w/her equilibrium issues), it even holds the kitchen sink!

I even got 2 seats with it and the batwing Givi screen you see, the other(Givi airflow) screen, I got for Christmas.

I'm planning on putting a hitch on it and building a small tagalong trailer to take more crap with us.

This is my 1st Guzzi, won't be the last, I think I found a home as far as brands go. It's easy to work on, handles great, never gets bent out of shape in turns(no matter needed corrections).
    When I want to go fast I can ditch ALL of my luggage in under 2 minutes.

Attached Files:

3. BadKarma

BadKarma Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can never have too much "crap", or so I've been told:deal...:rofl

I like the looks of the Breva's but I wondered if they had enough capacity for my wife's crap, now I know, Thanks!
  4. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    Love the bike and the crap is perfectly fine too!
  5. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm seriously considering a pop up motorcycle camper, "Livin' lite", I think is the name of one company. It's a great big, comparatively, camper, queen size bed even. They're pretty light also, you can even get AC for the summer, PLUS, you have a cooler sitting right where you can reach under the side and grab a
    beer w/o going outside!:clap:clap

How sweet is that?!:evil
  6. modular

modular Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes they are! :freaky
  7. MayorOfBBQ

MayorOfBBQ Come at me bro

Oddometer:

Cool, neat little mod! Didn't realize how interchangeable the 650 smallblocks were to the current 750

Couple interesting threads over on some other Guzzi Discussion board.. One guy just put Lario 4v heads on a 2010 v7 and another put an 4v 750cc Guzzi engine out of an unmanned areal drone into his Lario!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Rathlindri

Rathlindri Guinness fan

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Loving this Breva 750
    Iron Cross Junction likes this.
  9. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    They look good in that bright Guzzi red!

:thumb
  10. vespatim

vespatim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    May not be the right thread to ask this in but i ask anyway.

I have always wanted a lemans 850 but i do want to go away for weekends with my wife. Is the lemans ok 2 up (we are not huge) with a couple of ortleib panniers?
    Not interested in cruisers at all
    Tim
  11. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    It all depends upon what you're used to.

"Weekends away" can mean a lot of things. If it means a few hundred miles of curvy backroads, then anyone should be able to get comfortable 2-up on a Tonti Lemans.

I had a LeMans-V for a few years and had no troubles or complaints from my passenger.
  12. Bongolia

Bongolia stop acting

Oddometer:
    Which model/year 850 Le Mans?
  13. vespatim

vespatim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that.
    What im used to is a car.. .........
    We have a Vespa for around town and our fun car is a little lotus 7 sort of thing , no heater no windscreen , no doors or roof no helmet etc etc. About as close as you can get to a bike without it being one. Wife is great and wants to travel India on the back of a bike for her 50th birthday.
    We usually do the same roads as bikes and about 5 hours travel time per day with lots of stops. I can see our future will be bikes though and so trying to get as much info as possible.
    Thanks Tim
  14. Dr AT

Dr AT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tim, unless you're seriously into collectable / nostalgia / appearance the 850 lemon prices in oz are, er, ambitious. Take a very long, hard look at the more modern guzzis in the flesh and ask yourself what you're trying to achieve.

I lust after a nice mk3 , but when I'm honest with myself I realise it'd just sit in my lounge whilst I ride my v11 lm ( which was cheaper) , and if I was totally honest I'd replace the v11 with a stelvio...but self delusion is so much fun.

At the time I bought my v11 I could have picked up a VERY nice mk 2 for about double the price. I was tempted, but I'm glad I didn't - whilst the mk 2 is a good investment, the v11 is a great ride.
  15. Meter Man

Meter Man Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've always wanted one.

Unfortunately they pop up at prices that are almost MSRP despite being more than 5 years old.
  16. vespatim

vespatim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hear you.
    Just been out looking at the new ones and im afraid to say an old one is still top of the list. Prices i agree out here are crazy even for the undesirable Guzzi's.
    Could be worse though as my number one has always been a Laverda Jota.
    1 for sale at the moment in WA for 32k. It is mint though.
    I think ill look for a roughish tonti and spend 6 months making it mine. I have always found with the sort of cars i have owned that if i rebuild them when i first get them that im then confident to take them anywhere. Best way to get to know your ride.
    Oh and i do like an adventure which is why im here on this forum. Love the idea of buying the Guzzi in Alice springs and riding home to Sydney.
  17. RomaDakota

RomaDakota Experts agree!!

Oddometer:
    Excellent!

What tires are those?
  18. kazakhman

kazakhman n00b

Oddometer:
    Newcomer here. My Griso:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Selling it soon. Not because I don't like it, but because I liked it so much I'm getting a eight-valver Griso SE to replace it.
  19. murdock2002

murdock2002 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    F I could have a second bike, or only owned a bike for joy riding and not primary commuter transportation, I would definitely get the griso!
  20. B-B

B-B out of my lane

Oddometer:
    Nice bike...are those stock bars or is it just the angle making them look different?