Zumo for dualsport?

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by TeamEndo, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Doorguy1979

Doorguy1979 Dreamridin'

Oddometer:
    Ok More specific....

I just ride with no destination most of the time, I want the GPS to be able to record my travels as I go, on and off road, and set a "Home" wherever.

Lets say that I want to bve able to ride three days into an area that I know well, but at the end of this ride I know of someone else that has GPS tracks in the area I would like to explore. And want to be able to download these, and jump on them when I get close. Topo maps are really important to me.

btw I'm not really wanting to spend $900 if I can avoid it.
  2. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Based on your "needs", if you want a Garmin GPS I would suggest a GPSMAP 60CSx or an Oregon 450 and buy Garmin's TOPO 24K U.S. Maps. And I would buy the DVD version's so you can install them on your computer.

There are several other brands you can look at that will display multiple Tracks on the screen at the same time.

Cheers,
  3. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    You guys are killin' me..... :rofl
  4. blowout

blowout Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i have an odd request....

some a-hole ran a light and totaled my truck last week!.. now i need to find another.... and just 5 days from the start of enduro race season..

my insurance is covering me for a garmin 660 that was in there... .. but i need a receipt to show i had one! like the cracked lens isnt proof enough.. does anyone have a receipt for a garmin 660 or 550 they can fax me?

-- thanks