Need help to bring a bike home - new rider in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by falcn, Sep 29, 2011.

1. falcn

falcn Squidless Soul Supporter

Oddometer:
    My sister-in-law just got her license through the MSF course in Colorado Springs and bought a Virago 250. She is also a new resident out there.

The guy she got it from doesn't have a way to get it to her and I guess isn't volunteering to ride it over for her and have his wife follow and drive him back.

So if you know anyone in the Colorado Springs area that would like to help out a new rider begin the wonderful adventure of motorcycle riding - I and she would really appreciate it.

I am nowhere near Colorado Springs (PIttsburgh) or I or my wife (MSF instructor) would do it!!
  2. buickid

buickid A little bit of everything.

Oddometer:
    Well if all else fails through, I could ride it back from... where is it at now? Unfortunately I don't have a truck, just my bikes. I suppose I would ride to Colorado Springs, catch a ride with your sister-in-law to wherever the bike is, ride it to the Springs, then ride my CBR back home. Anything to help out a new rider! :clap
    I'll be free next Tuesday or Saturday and quite possibly Sunday. Feel free to PM me!
  3. falcn

Oddometer:
    That would be awesome. I will check with her and PM you and see if I can get you more info.

Riding the bike back is fine for her, she doesn't need it to be trucked. Could be she could come pick you up in her car too. Unless you want to ride your bike out.

I will check with her and see if she is up for those dates.

Ryan
  4. no2tracks

no2tracks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have time after work today. PM or email me. I'm in CS. I have a truck and a trailer.
  5. CO-Dan

CO-Dan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am also available if no2tracks doesn't get you sorted out.

Dan
  6. Rascus

Rascus The Realist

Oddometer:
    Also have a trailer that I could use to tow it back. Where is it at?
  7. Infracaninophile

Infracaninophile Finding My Way..

Oddometer:
    Important fact missing: Where is the bike now? Where in Colorado Springs?
    I live here too and could help on Sun afternoon. I have a van and/or can ride. If it's a Virago 250, would prefer to do it after dark so my friends don't see me.

t.
  8. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  9. Hemlockdj

Hemlockdj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also have a trailer so if you need assitance let me know. Have your sister call me if she needs help 719-359-6244. I live near the AF Academy if that help.

Dave
  10. falcn

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys!!

This weekend past was bad - I was out of town on travel for work, and she was also out of town and unreachable.

I will find out where the bike is actually located ASAP and get her to tell me when she might be available this week and weekend so I can let you guys know.

I really really appreciate the offers to help her out.

Ryan
  11. mangeldbug

mangeldbug YSRacer

Oddometer:
    This is Ryan's (falcn's) wife. The bike is located in Penrose, CO. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you with this info. Ryan is currently in China on business. I found out today that the bike may not have tags and my sister has not transferred the title to herself and has not gotten insurance on the bike. So basically riding it back was not an option. Still looking for someone who could transport it back to Co Springs from Penrose in a truck or trailer. Dave (Hemlockdj), since you left your number I gave that to my mother (Debbie). She is currently in Colorado Springs with my sister and should be calling you sometime today.
  12. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I typically have time on my hands, if she wants to pick the gas up, I got a Kendon trailer and a Jeep to pull it...I'm in Monument, and Penrose is not all that far away. I'm available anytime...PM me for my number if I'm needed. Or she could borrow the trailer assuming she has something to pull it with.

Edited to say: I just got the motorcycle hitch carrier in the mail and put together today, came yesterday but no one told me :-( So don't even need to mess with a trailer.
  13. falcn

Oddometer:
    I got the news that the bike is safe and sound in the garage at my sister-in-laws house.

THANKS EVERYONE for the offers.

This place and motorcyclists in general rock!
  14. Hemlockdj

Hemlockdj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My wife and I had the pleasure of helping your sister-in-law. A very nice lady and really enjoyed her company. Best of luck and keep the rubber side down. And yes this site is rocks :)

Dave