Can you ID this Fighter Jet

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by slideways, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Heymarz

Heymarz Gaily Retarded

Oddometer:
  2. LowandSlo

LowandSlo YMMV

Oddometer:
    Came across this rare bird:
    [​IMG]
    :evil
  3. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cessna 210-5(205)

:rofl

4. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    Bigass 210?

Maybe modded for sky diving?
  5. LowandSlo

LowandSlo YMMV

Oddometer:
    Well technically it's a 210-5, but called a C-205, N205CL and probably 205.
    Now back to the regular broadcast.:D
  6. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't this be in Shiny Things?
  7. Heymarz

Heymarz Gaily Retarded

Oddometer:
    What if it's camouflaged, does that count as a "shiny thing"? :dunno

[​IMG]
  8. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Got one out in our hangar.

I want to fly it badly.
  10. AK Bear

AK Bear Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't know if I 've seen one of those before, it doesn't look like a 210. My 206 has aft doors on the right side, but it's a U206. I know they made a 205 that was configured differently with two doors up front but haden't known of aft doors on the left.
  11. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    We have a turbo'd 210 out in the hangar. Looks almost exactly like that except the cowling maybe a little bigger.
  12. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    A C210 has a cantilever wing (no struts) and retractable gear. Hard to confuse with a 206.
  13. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    Apparently its a C205 which was built for only two years and was derived from the 210 although it bears much more resemblance to the 206 and 207 Stationaires. It had the 260 hp Continental IO-470 motor.
  15. AK Bear

AK Bear Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here is my 206. http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/110896.html

I searched for it on the site and the photo came up. I have no idea how it came to be photographed or who Doug Robinson is. Kind of wonder what's up. Maybe some kind of plane spotting, like train spotting was like in the 50's.

Notice the length of the flaps and that the alerons are extended as well. This is part of the Robertson kit that allow it to take off at below at 40 mph and climb like a mother! The radical leading edge palys a part as well. I've really only put it through max climb once just to see what the book stats looked like in reality. Pretty fn scary/amazing. 300 ft take off in calm wind with a clilmb over a 50 foot object at 54mph, not knots, mph. Clears the 50 ft object in 589 ft. Now that's a nose up position,but absolutely stablewith a leg of right rudder pushed in. It's a real climber but it looks pretty reckless when you do it. We put a set of GAMIs in and an instrument that reads each cylender head temp and exhost gas temp so we can lean below peak. We've been consistantly runnng at 11 gallens/hour where as befor the GAMIs we used 15 and tried to be rich of peak. We have way coller engine temps and save about fifteen or twenty dollars per hour on fuel.

We can, and have, carried 4 large adults, a 100lb golden retrevier. a zodic raft and motor, all our gear and 3 ice chests filled with food and drink for 4 days. That sucker can hold a ton in the floats which are in the perfect weight and ballance place for heavy items leaving the rest for sleeping bags, dogs, gourmet food and a boat. Try putting all that in your jessies!

nofate, you have some very nice radios in that panal, but did you really pull the mixture during the runup? What's up with that? We usually just check the mags, fuel flow and cycle the prop. Pull the the rudders up clear left and right and go, of course after Hood Tower lets us go.
  16. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    Thats a nice 206 you got there with the Robertson STOL.

I confirm function of the mixture control during runup by pulling it briefly until the motor just starts to die. After a long warm up taxi to my takeoff area I think it also helps to clear the plugs of any carbon buildup during extended low rpm, rich mixture operation. Taxi at 1,000 rpm unless the prop is picking up water. This proceedure is taught at the flight schools around here.
  17. flanga

flanga Delusions of Adequacy

Oddometer:

Why wouldn't you want to fly it well?
  18. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Mitsubishi Mu-2
  19. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    Damn. MU-2. :thumb

Back when I was flying, I wanted one of these old Rockwells:

[​IMG]

Actually, if it had wings and an engine I wanted it, but you know what I mean. There was an old 500 or 520 that sat for a long time at our local FBO, and I used to scheme and scheme to find a way to snag it. As usual, purchase price wasn't the issue...it was the "what's next" that was adding the dollars to the project. :lol3

anyway...remember Bob Hoover in the Shrike?

[​IMG]
  20. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    Someone posted this one here somewhere a while back.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tOZEgKXJMCE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tOZEgKXJMCE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>