KTM Service in South of England

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Mifune, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Mifune

Mifune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm sure I must not be the only one who doesn't have a lot of space and whose partner wouldn't appreciate it if she found me changing piston rings on the bathroom floor. Any recommendations of first rate (cost not the most important consideration) service for a KTM 640 in the South of England?

-Stuart
  2. Owlseye

Owlseye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm sure somebody with a better knowledge of English geography (and concept of how far is "too far" will answer you too but...
    We frequently visit our daughter who lives close to Southampton and one of my favorite day trips is to Lymington (can't get much farther south than that). On the bottom end of the high street, just before the street turns down to the sea, is a little hole-in-the wall motorcycle shop. He currently sell Korean scooters, but does MOTs and repair/restoration on all types. He has several exotic Italian racing bikes circa 1950's an 1960's of his own, had a couple of very nice BSA's, and was working on a 640 when I was there. He was quite familliar with my 690r.

Good luck
  3. Mifune

Mifune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Owlseye. The South Coast is lovely, but I really just meant "not way up there near Scotland." I'm actually looking for something within about 50 or 60 miles of Cambridge.