Texas Nationals

Discussion in 'Trials' started by 2feetdown, Apr 12, 2015.

1. 2feetdown

2feetdown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are no results on natc site. Does anyone know yesterday pro results
  2. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    Got a text from Gordy on site that Smage won easily.
  3. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can find all the results on the NATC facebook site.

Pat won easily, Cody 2nd, Putt 3rd.

Cody's last lap was a 1, so it looked like he has shaken off the trials rust and today should be closer.

Putt is getting better FAST! One to watch.
  4. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to watching them next week in AZ.
  5. 1fxstbi

1fxstbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any pictures or videos up anywhere?
  6. Hyperbolic22

Hyperbolic22 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The results are on the NATC website, but they are not easily found. I went to the online registration tab and from that page there is a results tab that has 2015. The web address is mototrials.info.
  7. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. 10K

10K Trail Runner

Oddometer:
    Amarillo, TX (April 11-12, 2015) – Seven-time US MotoTrials National Champion Patrick Smage took a positive step towards an eighth national title with a double win at rounds one and two of the 2015 Aires US National MotoTrials Series near Claude, Texas, this weekend. The Sherco USA-back rider from Wisconsin was on a mission during Saturday’s event, posting just two points on lap one, both taken in the same section at the Diamond Back National Trials, held at the 20-square-mile Pleasant Creek Ranch, which contains the second largest canyon in the US. According to the riders, the sections were on the easy side, but very slick and tricky, and if you got off your intended line it was tough getting back on track, which either cost you several points or the maximum penalty – a five.
    On lap two, Smage took two single dabs for an overall score of two for the lap, and on the final lap the Sherco never once put his foot down, giving him a clean loop, making his overall score for the day a total of three points for the win.

Current National EnduroCross Champion and 2010 US MotoTrials Champ, Cody Webb, who is expected to challenge Smage all year, is riding both the EnduroCross and the MotoTrials series in 2015 but was still getting accustomed to his new Montesa Cota 4RT 260, which he had just received the day before the event. Webb dropped 17 marks on the opening loop but slashed his score considerably with each successive lap as he adjusted to his new bike, scattering six points across the second lap and then took a paltry single dab in the third and final loop. His overall score of 24 gave the Californian second for the day.

Young Gun Andrew Putt, riding his first year in the Pro division, turned a lot of heads with a solid podium position, finishing the trials just three points behind Webb for third. Putt admitted that most of his points on the day came from fives, so he was determined to turn that statistic around on the following day, although the technical skills he learned from riding in Europe in 2014 served him the Sherco USA rider well for the day.

Meanwhile, second year Pro, Bryan Roper, struggled with the first section of the day, section one, going 5-5-0 on his three attempts in the section, however, the Sherco USA rider managed to ride consistently enough in the remainder of the event to bing his overall score up to a 36 overall for the day giving his fourth for the round.

“Any little mistake that you made today resulted in a five and I just had more fives than my competitors, today,” admitted Roper.

Another rookie Pro, Alexander Niederer, from Florida, riding for Gas Gas USA, admitted to being a little shaky during the early going, but eventually settled down enough to bring home a fifth place finish for the team with an overall score of 45. Not bad for his first event at the highest level.

Last year’s third-place rider, Logan Bolopue, settled for a sixth with a score of 52 ahead of Shad Petersen from Wyoming with an overall score of 159.

Day Two
    A couple of sections were adjusted for day two and some were eliminated altogether and replaced with new ones for day two, but the riders still complained off difficulty staying on line in the sections.
    Smage was the man of the hour again (or, perhaps the day), and dropped only two points for the day.

“I’m happy to start the series off with a solid weekend,” said Smage. “I felt pretty strong all day and hit my marks well and just had one mistake all day. The wind was a little strong in second one on lap two and I jumped in there and I jumped onto a rock and felt the wind coming and I debated whether to wait it out or go for it now, because the next area was another tricky spot too, so I went for it, and when I got on the rock it blew me hard and I had to take a two to make it through.”

Smage is looking forward to next week’s round in Arizona, which he feels is more to his liking.

Second overall for Sunday’s event was somewhat of a surprise for all involved and it involved a bit of nail-biting, as Roper went into the third and final lap with a one-point advantage over Webb and Putt for second place.
    “I was a little bumped yesterday after all the mistakes I made so to finally handle the pressure today and not have any fives all day was something I was proud of,” said Roper.

Roper had struggled again on section one up until the final lap, posting a pair of threes in the section on laps one and two. But to finish out the event in second he needed to duplicated everything else he had done in the rest of the event and then get though section one with a decent score, which he did – a one, giving him second place overall with 13 points.

Third went to Webb with 17 points, while Putt was fourth with 19.

Bolopue (49), Niederer (53) and Petersen (112) rounded out the top seven for the class on Sunday.

The 2015 Aires US National MotoTrials Series resumes action next weekend in Kingman, Arizona, on April 18-19. For more information on the event, please go to www. Mototrials.com

Results
    Round One
    1. Pat Smage (Shr) 3
    2. Cody Webb (Mon) 24
    3. Andrew Putt (Shr) 27
    4. Bryan Roper (Shr) 36
    5. Alex Niederer (GG) 45
    6. Logan Bolopue (Shr) 52
    7. Shad Petersen (Bet) 159

Round Two
    1. Pat Smage (Shr) 2
    2. Bryan Roper (Shr) 13
    3. Cody Webb (Mon) 17
    4. Bryan Putt (Shr) 19
    5. Logan Bolopue (Shr) 49
    6. Alex Niederer (Bet) 53
    7. Shad Petersen (GG) 112

(Trials and Enduro News)
  9. 10K

10K Trail Runner

Oddometer:
    205'd :baldy
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    No pic`s, no video and I just got home. Sure was fun!:D
    Saturday I drove the 4 seat razor as a shuttle down to the valley floor which had the largest grouping of sections. 9 hours of driving women, children and scorers felt more like a long desert race. The road was very challenging and I got many screams of fear out of my passengers! Sunday I scored section 9 which was much more enjoyable. The Pro line looked very insane. Turned out it was an lesson in being very technical with not much room for error. Smage cleaned it all 3 loops, most everyone else struggled. After Cody`s third ride, he said `That was the only section I really wanted to clean`. Best he did was a one of which the handle bar was an inch away of being a five. Good fun section to score.
  11. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Go Pat!!!

Too bad Cody has to ride that heavy gutless Honda, it might have been closer.:D
  12. rwamf

rwamf Follow me

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. rwamf

rwamf Follow me

Oddometer:
    I guess that is why Toni Bou has so much trouble
    [​IMG]
  14. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting those great pics. :clap:clap
  15. motobene

motobene Motoing for 51 years

Oddometer:
    Here are a few I shot with the pocket Lumix when I got a break in the action (worked both days). Got some good vid too but the files are SO big.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. motobene

Oddometer:
    It had plenty of beans standing right next to it on ups.
  17. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice views! Great shot of Pat. Man, he sure is good.
  18. motobene

Oddometer:
    That rock concerned those guys a lot. It was REALLY tight in the approach (around rock, hop turn, and balance only a few feet back, back tire almost touching the tape), and it took a lot of power to get high enough up on. I was impressed with Pat how he could get great lift without spin and without sounding strained. One Pro rider said his lift was from "a lot of body", but I didn't see a lot of body. It somehow just worked without looking like much.

That approach and obstacle was something not suited to the FIM rules. I suppose it'd be possibly possible without balanced staging, but I don't think any of our guys could have done it without that.

Putt looked really on his game in my sections, as did Expert Quinn Wentzel on the orange Scorpa. Cody Webb looked good too, except for a nasty crash in 1 on Sunday, and a scraping slide off the side of the first-photos rock. He commented that going from the faster-bike realm back to trials was a major recalibration. Being on a 4RT I suppose also added a little to that differentness, but overall he really held up well.

Both my sections didn't look like anything crazy like some of the others, but both had some features that really challenged the guys. A fairly small up out of the creek on Section 7 Saturday was tearing the experts up. Rocks on an angle just made it so hard to figure out.
  19. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Toni Bou does not have to ride a heavy gutless Honda.:D
  20. trials935

trials935 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll bet Cody didn't have to rebuild his transmission or replace his clutch case either after 2 days of nationals:D