Lyndon Poskitt Racing - A blue print for Dakar 2013 - and he did it!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Pyndon, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Region Riley

Region Riley rally kit widow

Oddometer:
    We just got home from the Mex1000. Thanks for your support Pyn! We are anxious to return the favor. :deal

Love the "blueprint" concept, great idea!

Kelly
  2. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The KTM Support Package is 2000 Euro for the Dakar and basically provides you access to parts from the Rally Fishe. No mechanic but I'm not worried about that. My bike is 2012 model and not much has changed to the 2013 bikes that will come out later this year. The support package does not cover spare engines so unfortunately if you want one of those you have to fork out for one and figure out a way of taking it with you, or paying someone else to carry it for you. Another 5000 Euro + VAT + carriage on the event.

I hate opening my budget spreadsheet, every time it opens it gets larger! One thing I have realised with this is that if you want to do it right, it's going to cost you $$$$$$$. At the moment that is something that I seriously need some more of :D

I have just sent my first payment off to the ASO and for some support elements and it was another transfer for way over a years worth of mortgage and bills combined :cry

It'll all be worth it, right! :D
  3. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Which support team will you be using? Patsy's?
  4. Scampi6000

Scampi6000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great struff Pyndon.
    Will follow with gusto! Spent my years as a kid too back in the late 80's, early 90's, posters on the wall of the Super Tenere, the Cagiva's, the ATwin's, listening to Steve Ryder on the BBC commentating on just an hours worth of rare coverage they might show, (no EuroSport for us back then!) taping it, watching it back over and over again and wanting to be able to do 'That Race' when I grew up like Cyril Neveu, Edie Orioli and Stephane Peter-whats-his-name and . Well... I did grow up, got a job, bought a house, had a kid, rode my Africa Twin to work and back... and before I knew it, I was 36! Therefore, I will be living my 2013 Dakar experiance through you my son!:D
    Best of luck Pyndon from over the water. This thread will be epic!
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

:lurk
  6. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Probably be better value for you in the support packages if you have a US based distributor. Have the swag direct shipped in bulk to them, then they mail it off. I'd think it would give you a better return percentage.

I could do the Canada based ones no problem, but for the US the postage wouldn't work, cross-border is pricey.
  7. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Just checked out the website Lyndon - sweet and slick! - get those swag packs together - I'm looking forward to a new Klim fleece x

Jx
  8. BeefEater

BeefEater BR 549

Oddometer:
    ]This has the potential to be most epic. Subscribed.
  9. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Believe me, I know that feeling!

I wound up using almost none of the spares I brought (at great expense)... and I wouldn't change a thing. To my way of thinking, you've got to support the investment, no point spending what it costs to be on the start line, without the parts you may need to get to the finish!
  10. ckracer

ckracer n00b

Oddometer:
    best of luck the hard work will pay off! eagerly awaiting the swag/chance to support cheers!
  11. Desert Matt

Desert Matt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good luck Pydon. Looks like your going about your prep in the right way.

Looking forward to the swag, I will be signing up for sure.

Bring on the new year and another Dakar....
  12. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    So, Pyn, you're doing a lot of racing in preparation for the Dakar...

(get ready for it... :drums)

Do you anticipate riding for position, or riding for a finish at the big dance? :ear

:lurk
  13. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Without question, riding for a finish. If a result comes with that, I'll take it. I will not be chasing a result though, my primary goal is to ride all ~9000km and stand on the finishers podium (or sit - by that time :D). Get the maximum km for the $$$ even if in reality it seems it is the other way around right now (max $$$$ per km) :lol3
  14. tkeskin

tkeskin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good luck Pyndon! Looking forward to the support packages..
  15. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Glad to hear it. As Ned describes, and we've seen borne out year after year, that zone between where he was and the Top 10 (where my gut says you'll be based on speed/comfort) seems to be the most dangerous in terms of crash-related attrition.

/RedMist

:beer
  16. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Some blog updates are available on the web-site.

Support packages are T minus a few days away :clap
  17. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Hi folks, a lot going on at the moment. Please visit my web-site or follow me on Facebook and twitter for full details.

Support packages are up on the web-site to those who are interested. Please specify what size clothing you would like in the comment in Paypal until I figure this bit out (XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL etc). Thanks.

Fill your boots and thank you in advance for your support; this is a crucial part of my blueprint that will really help me to make this happen.

Lyndon
  18. Gany

Gany Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Pyn,
    Swag site and paypal make no mention of postage. Is it included in the price? Does that apply for international as well?
  19. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I'll get that amended today, thanks for pointing out. It's all fully inclusive, wherever you are in the world! You just pay the price indicated and we'll take care of the rest. :clap
  20. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is pretty cool. :clap

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.