Northern Riders SIGN IN!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZZR_Ron, Nov 20, 2006.

1. isplat2

isplat2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ...it would be a good idea to pack a "can cozy"...or whatever y'all call them foam thingees to keep a can of soda pop cooled down...in the blazing sun....
  2. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    I will have it with me. Does not take up to much space.
  3. FINNDIAN

FINNDIAN Mine goes to 11

Oddometer:
    Blazing Sun? Soda pop? What the he'll are you talking about? ;)

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2
  4. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Update... ammending list of things to bring

1. Coffee Mug.

2. Insects.... no, Dan will supply.

3. Bringing "can cozy" thingeee and "Blazing Sun"

Did I forget anything ?
  5. NORTH RIDER

NORTH RIDER Long timer

Oddometer:
    no need for a" can cozy" if you can't finish a beer before it gets too warm you are doing it wrong.

1 500ml can of beer = 4 sips, follow with a shot ( i prefer tequila ) and repeat. don't worry , as a professional bartender it is my job to make sure that you are drinking at a fast steady pace. i will keep my eye on you and offer up another round if i see you slacking.

all you guys have to do is make sure i find the door out of the sauna. ( inside joke for all of you that watched me stuggle with the door last year)

north rider
  6. FINNDIAN

FINNDIAN Mine goes to 11

Oddometer:
    Lmao. I forgot about the sauna incident. It wouldn't be too bad....if it wasn't your sauna.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2
  7. isplat2

isplat2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    all you guys have to do is make sure i find the door out of the sauna.

north rider[/QUOTE]

............Right....thanks for the heads up Northrider...I will draw up a map, as well as post the GPS co-ordinates for the Sauna door...
    .....perhaps a flashing neon arrow pointing in the right direction....and mark it with surveyors flagging tape...:freaky
  8. FMRScooter

FMRScooter Guest

That's funny stuff right there. :D
  9. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Hey Scooter59, you are up to 13 posts now. :clap Nice to hear from you...look forward to having a beer o your deck...:freaky
  10. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    For those coming to the rally this week...

If bringing glass or the like, pack it well; there is one fairly rough and bumpy (but relatively short) section to climb on the camp road.
    The person who owns the road dragged/graded the entire length to the camp, and a bunch of baby heads and baseballs have been pulled to the surface in several spots. It has been cleared of many, but the hill section remains a bit bumpy.

I know that some coming to the rally have no offroad experience, but I manage it on an RT, so all should be fine on a dualsport. The other option is to park at the bottom and walk in. Just over a kilometer. :huh
    With rain expected on Tuesday, Dan tells me it may improve, but I still recommend you pack any breakables well. (It makes a mess when a can of pop gets punctured in your topbox...:ddog)

When pulling off of highway 638 and passing the “farmhouse” on the road to the camp, beware the farmer’s large white dog. It isn’t overtly vicious, but don’t trust it. It's been known to scratch paint and has a strong jaw.

There are a couple of forks in the road, but the correct path will be discreetly marked with tastefully coloured tape where necessary. ie: Blaze Orange! or Midnight Black!

Final note. Good times and great riding will prevail, Dan and Greta have prepared some fine feasts and enough beverages to keep an Aussie happy; but come prepared for cool nights, blackflies and mosquitos. :freaky Looking forward to seeing all YFFs!
  11. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    Brian, are you there now?

How is the dock for parking my plane in case I decide to fly in my supplies so I don't have to haul them on my bike? Google Earth shows a dock at the shore, but I don't know how suitable it is. A sandy beach is fine too.

I plan to ride my bike in on Friday and leave Sunday morning. Looking forward to seeing all you old FFs again and meeting some new ones.
  12. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Rick, are planning on building a log home to stay on for the weekend. I know an having trouble packing my camping gear, but I don't need to fly it in !!!!:rofl
    If you were to bring some extra fusing gear a long for a fly in, I would good with that. :ear
    Looking forward to the Rally, only two more sleeps until we leave Winnipeg.
  13. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    Fusing gear? :huh

I'm always looking for excuses to go flying or fishing so making the short flight to the camp seems like a good idea right now. Walleye season opens this weekend too. I would take some good aerial pics of the camp for Dan.
  14. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Typo....LOL, Fricken Ipods....I will have to turn off the Atuo Spell check.... it should have read...fucking gear.:rofl
  15. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Email sent. Please reply via email so I can send you pictures...
    Cheers!
  16. Whyswoman

Whyswoman The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer:
    Spending to night at the "No Tell Motel" (Nipigon) in deference to the fact I am travelling to the NoFAR... I didn't want to stay anywhere which might be construed as "frilly"...and I promise to follow suit with my selection of nightwear...:evil
  17. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Since I am unable to attend and I am sure everyone else will be too busy bending their elbows to type, make sure you keep the posts of trips coming! At least I can follow the trip from my home and office! Thanks Lee.
  18. canuckAME

canuckAME Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was hopeing to make it but we're getting busy at work and won't be able to get away.
    Have fun and ride safe. Be careful with fires:rofl Got enough to keep us busy for a bit.

Post lots of pics
  19. Oldrookie

Oldrookie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK Whyswoman, I can cope with the nightwear; just be careful with the Night Moves :rilla
  20. isplat2

isplat2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    it might be an idea to pack a few gallons of your favorite bug dope.....

I got everyone covered in the coffee cup department....even to allow for 10% breakage..