Hampton Roads Chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by roger123, Dec 25, 2008.

1. So_Lost

So_Lost Long timer

Oddometer:

There are a few of guys on Little Creek base that ride some pretty tricked out KLR's.... May have been a couple of them. I've tried to find out if they are ADV'ers a few times but never had any luck.
  2. TheWorstKind

TheWorstKind In the Wind

Oddometer:
    I've been thinking about making some ADV business cards to leave behind on potential ADVer bikes to help us grow a bit. :ear
  3. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    TWK- did my eyes deceive me or did I see you ride by on a blue cruiser within the last week or two??? Possibly a Victory?
  4. DAAANG

DAAANG LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer:
    Anybody doing anything this week? Slades, Damneck... anything? Im itching for some riding. Got a GoPro too that I need to test out.
  5. nuggets

nuggets It's all my fault...

Oddometer:
    I am out. I don't think going to the dirt park all day will make for a happy mother's day :deal:rofl
  6. DAAANG

Oddometer:

Meet me during your lunch break! lol I need a trip of some type bad!
  7. screamin injin

screamin injin FUBAR

Oddometer:

I'm all for officers knowing the code prior to writting people for it, but these geniuses that wear brain buckets and end up as vegtables cause my insurance to go up to pay for their medical expenses, then I get pissed. I'd rather they didn't wear a helmet at all and not survive the crash. I sure would not want to live as a veg.
  8. screamin injin

screamin injin FUBAR

Oddometer:
    I'm still working on the bike. I want to ride so bad. :cry
  9. firebug24k

firebug24k Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Might head up 13 across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to Assateague island and check out the national park there - I hear on the Maryland side you can get a permit to ride on the beach? :muutt
  10. DAAANG

Oddometer:

Get on it sucka! Your slacking is causing me to be very bored.
  11. TheWorstKind

TheWorstKind In the Wind

Oddometer:
    Nope, wasn't me. Still got the green KLR. Did a quick up and back to Virginia Tech this past weekend. Convinced me to start saving my pennies. Either an Ultra Classic or GSA will be in the garage next to the KLR within the next two years.......
  12. So_Lost

So_Lost Long timer

Oddometer:
    We used to do that on the Ducati Monster List (DML) forum back in the day. Actually worked very well. In fact, that's how I found the DML... somebody in Ghent put a card on my Monster while I was sippin' a latte. :*sip*
  13. Bun-bun

Bun-bun Long timer

Oddometer:
    'Course, it's the DMF now...
    Still a good idea, tho.
  14. BlakKrauStudios

BlakKrauStudios I'm cool... right?

Oddometer:
    I've thought of that, now that I know other people had their covers cut. The Duc does have a factory immobilizer on it, as well as a little LED light that blinks as a deterrent.

I do have a cable lock, but I'm not entirely sure what I can lock it to. Maybe the base?

Then again, if they want it, they'll get it. The only thing I can do is to make it more difficult to steal than the other guys bike, right? And honestly, I think an overall theft would be better than to have them try, and leave my bike in a pile of brokenness on it's side in the parking lot, because they couldn't get it in the truck/van. :cry
  15. BlakKrauStudios

BlakKrauStudios I'm cool... right?

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. TheWorstKind

TheWorstKind In the Wind

Oddometer:
  17. Baloo

Baloo Itinerant jackass Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
    Somebody put a card on my Harley back in the day. It was an invite to a leather club for bears.:lol3
  18. nuggets

nuggets It's all my fault...

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know what the rules are to plate a dirt bike in VA?

My xt225 is a great hoot, but the suspenders are bargain bin. I have played with the idea of suspension upgrades, but I think I could get more bang from my buck with a bike that already has decent suspension.

I was thinking that it would be loads of fun to have a 250 2t or 450 4t that was road legal(for the short time until they take my license anyhow :evil).

I tried to figure this out using the googling, but my google-fu must be weak lately. :huh

I know what is needed to pass inspection, but how do I get a street legal title?
  19. moymurfs

moymurfs Truth has become unacceptable.

Oddometer:
    DMV will make you want to go postal....
    My advice: sell the 225 and go buy an already plated, more capable bike. You won't recoup any of the value of upgrades from a 225. People get those as novice/entry level bikes and don't want to spend any more than they need to for them. You will retain your sanity in the long run. Even then you may find you want to upgrade the suspension/springs depending upon how hard you want to thrash it (the bigger bike). If it's just the occasional trails the stock stuff should be ok. JMO
  20. B.E. Coyote

B.E. Coyote (Super-Genius)

Oddometer:
    You might want to post that question in the cat herders forum. Ran Ito one of them a few weeks ago that had a plated 230 crf

Picking up an 06 fjr1300 on Sat. :evil