Dual Sport Luggage Racks

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by jackpiner57, Mar 12, 2011.

1. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dual-Sport Luggage Racks for:

Suzuki DR650
    Suzuki DR-Z400 S + SM
    Suzuki DR-Z400 E
    Kawasaki KLR650 '08 and up

Here's a link to my website: http://www.moto-racks.com/

DRZ 400 S/SM Rear Luggage Rack - Made in the
    USA
    =========================================================================

This is a strong, lightweight rack with a large platform to mount a RotopaX fuel or water pack, tail bag, dry bag, multiple bags, etc. New design allows any type of side racks to be used.

* Guaranteed to fit your DR-Z400 S or SM

* Easy bolt on installation with no drilling or hassles.

* Guaranteed against breakage

* Large 14.25" X 14.25" platform

* Light weight

* Large bungee loops allow pass through of various sizes of Fastex type buckles and keep straps captive.

* Threaded mounting plate for quick and easy mount/dismount of a RotopaX Pack Mount. 1 gal. & 1.75 gal. Gas Packs or Water Packs fit this rack.

* Steel Tube Construction

* Satin Black Powder Coat Finish

* Sits flush with top of seat so the rack won't hit you in the lower back if you slide off the back

* Makes a good handle for pulling the bike out of the mud.

* All hardware is included.

P
    rice is:

$114.00 plus shipping to:

USA = $14.00
    Canada = $38.00
    United Kingdom = $58.00
    Australia = $58.00

Somewhere else? PM me and I'll provide a shipping quote.

All racks have a mounting plate for the RotopaX Pack Mount.
    [​IMG]

The flat bar brackets mount to the rear of the sub-frame tabs. This leaves the tab clear for the mounting of all types of side racks.

[​IMG]

Nuts are welded to the underside of the mounting plate. This allows quick mount/dismount of the RotopaX Pack Mount.
    [​IMG]

Shown with the RotopaX 1 gal. fuel pack attached. The new RotopaX 1.75 gallon fuel pack will fit on this rack too.

[​IMG]

DRZ 400 S/SM Side Racks

Side racks are designed to hold the Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddlebags and the bungee loops will accept their metal attachment clips. They'll also accept any other throw over type saddle bags. The extremely light, flexible and well rounded Givi E21N (21 liters) side cases can be mounted using our optional welded on pre-drilled tabs.

Easy bolt on installation with all hardware included.

Works with or without the top rack.

Price: $189.00 plus 18.00 shipping

The pre-drilled Givi mounting tabs are an additional $25.00. Just bolt on the Givi hardware and you're ready to go. (Givi hardware not included.)

Picture shows optional mounting tabs welded on for attachment of Givi hardware.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Given your low price, I'm not sure any criticism is warranted, but maybe this will be constructive:

-How come no powdercoat? ($$$?)

-The chamfered corners look...uh, homemade? Not bad, just not as slick as bent.

-Thought about the KLR?

Good job on bringing new parts to market! I hope you make a buncha $$$$.
  3. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    subybaja, thanks for your feedback and good wishes regarding the DRZ400s rack! OK, some answers to your questions.

1. I considered powdercoating in the beginning, but there isn't anyone within 50 miles of me and the cost was outrageous. Shipping to and from them is cost prohibitive. The Satin Black paint that I use can be touched up unlike powdercoat. It is also a durable rust inhibiting paint approved by the USDA for their Forest Service gates that I made last year.

2. I appreciate your comments on the homemade looking corners. You have inspired me to get off my ass and invest in a tubing bender. I hope you like the new rounded corner look!

3. I do plan to make these for the KLR650 as soon as I can find someone to bring me theirs for me to use as a fit guide. I also will be offering these racks for the DR650 in the near future.

Any other input would be appreciated!

Newest edition of The Podunk Rack by KIW: EDIT 11/29/11 - This picture is the old square tube rack design. See first post for current round tube design.

[​IMG]
  4. Wannabee

Wannabee Survivor of Reality

Oddometer:
    Thats a great looking rack (:D) , I run a DR650 with a BBQ rack , I like it , but sometimes feel its too much. This one really looks good ! Keep up the good work.
  5. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks Wannabee, as soon as my riding buddy gets over here with his DR650 I'll have a guinea pig to design this rack around. I may offer a few different sizes. The current rack is 14" X 14". A smaller one maybe 10" X 12" and a big one maybe 22" X 14" ?? Any suggestions would be appreciated! - Tom

6. gkgeiger

gkgeiger Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer:
    Do you have a picture of it mounted on the bike?
  7. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    I'll get a picture of it mounted tomorrow evening. I was holding off so I could wash the bike first, but it might never stop snowing long enough to get it to the car wash. All my water hoses are still frozen, so I'll just use a bucket.:lol3
  8. Pago Cruiser

Pago Cruiser Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    PM sent.
  9. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Damn, I ran out of bolts. Sorry about that. I'll get some tomorrow and get a pic up here ASAP!
  10. eternalRider

eternalRider Ride to Live!

Oddometer:
    These look sweet:clap would love to get one when I get some extra money when that will be idk. I wouldn't mind a older one like the more homemade look. but would like to have the added mount for gas drz has such a smal tank Ill defenatly order one of these when i get some cash have been looking at lots of racks and I like yours the best and I like to help out the little guys insted of bigger companys.
  11. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I'm glad to see that you've got these on eBay...but WTF? "Seller does not ship to AK/HI"? USPS runs here too! :cry Oh well, I've already got a rack on my KLR anyway.

I do like the new design. Very slick. What happened with the bottom lugs?

I thought you might benefit from a few cautionary tales, as you're just starting:
    RoadRocketeer
    BikerScout
    EP!Cpanniers

Oh yeah, and here's a guy who knows how to do it right:
    ADVmonster LEDs
  12. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks eternalRider, I still have 7 of the 45 degree corner racks but haven't painted them yet because I'm waiting for the RotopaX stuff to get here so I can put mounting plates on these racks. After those are gone, all of the racks will have the rounded corners and RotopaX mounts to bolt their L-Brackets to.
  13. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    subybaja, sorry about that! I was probably in too much of a hurry when I listed. I went and fixed that. I certainly have nothing against Alaska and hope to ride there some day.

The bottom lugs have been replaced with black nylon spacers. This allows the rack to fit more easily with some of the side racks that are out there, and eventually with side racks that I am currently designing.

I haven't read the cautionary tales yet, but I sure look forward to it. Thanks for the links and the feedback! It's the only way of knowing what people want or don't want. - Tom
  14. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    Although I am not in the market, having the BBQ rack for my DR650, this looks like very nice work. And since the maker of the BBQ rack has retired, we need more large rack options out there.
  15. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks MillCreel, I will be offering this rack and possibly an even bigger size for the DR650. I am waiting for a friend to bring his DR to me for R&D purposes.
  16. SloDon

SloDon Hey...where am I?

Oddometer:

Interesting....looking forward to your take on side racks...

Don
  17. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for your patience. Here are some pics of the angled corner style rack on the bike. EDIT 11/29/11 These pictures are of the old design, but the new rack is the same size but made of round tube and has radiused corners. See page 1 for newest pic.

[​IMG]

This pic shows how it is flush with the seat. I designed it like this for those who like to take off the luggage for trail riding and don't want the rack hitting them in the lower back if they slide off the back of the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. YAHBO

YAHBO Grip and rip since 1983

Oddometer:
    That looks like a niece piece of work right there.
  19. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    Now that is one spiffy piece of work. You should be proud.
  20. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, I still have 6 of these left.