What is your next scooter?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Domromer, Dec 22, 2012.

1. gogogordy

gogogordy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats a damn fine deal, on a damn fine scooter.
    "Need another". That term makes me smile.
  2. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    I m thinking of the Yamaha c3 cubed which can be bought new for 2400 bucks out the door or used for 1400 . Under seat storage. Lots of parts can't even lost much money if you sell it after another 10000 miles of use . Still going to be worth a grand . It just tempting to use for the long trip I want to take next year. Unlike most people I don't have kids ,wife , mortgage etc. About the only thing I ve got is a pyci doctor telling me I m crazy . :freaky. If you don't have to worry about getting somewhere fast or having something to come back to then it's a great little touring scooter. It's the fact that it's gets 105 miles per gallon that is the appeal. Even with a my beloved honda helix it's only 62 miles per gallon . Whats better slower trip with a longer time frame or faster ? I could easily see modding a c3 with a roof etc . Whom knows what I ll do. but I do know I m going away for along trip and there no padded room involved in that trip when I do.:huh:lol3
  3. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Have you read the ride report about the young couple that rode 2 up across Canada on a C3?
  4. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Do you have a link for that couples trip?
  5. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
  6. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    yes neat trip . The c3 fits me is the real reason it's under consideration. With a helix gas everyday would run 12 buck or so. with a c3 it'll run around 8 buck max. So every 2 days you end saving the cost of another days gas with a c3 or any 50cc scooter. Theres this guy whom used a ruckus to do 15000 miles or so. Can't find the first part of the thread. only part 2 : http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=16406&start=135
  7. TheReaper!

TheReaper! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I drive a Big Ruckus and a Tmax and love both of them , one of these days I may add a 650 burg exex but I won't sell the BR or the Tmax . I'll let my son worry about selling my bikes when I'm dead and gone , in the mean time I ride them .

TheReaper!
  8. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just picked up an 88 Riva 200 in great shape with 9k on it, couple of minor scuffs and dried and cracked fr tire, probably original. I've always been partial to the Elites, have a couple, and didn't realize until I started dissassembling the Yamaha to do some servicing that it is aircooled. Neat.
  9. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    Remember, real men ride anything they want! Guys who try to put you down are usually idiots or new riders who bought a V twin or crotch rocket because all their buddies have one,and don't know any better. Experienced riders realize that there are many good rides and will be interested in your scooter. Harley riders are usually friendly, BMW riders seem to be the most stuck up riders I have encountered,although not all of them. Like gang members they aren't bad if you get them alone.
  10. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Wow these kids are awesome! This is so funny, I just got done reading a review of the vstrom and they mention how the power is just sufficient for one rider and woefully underpowered for two. Now I'm remembering my wife and I loaded for camping driving up the steep grades to Asheville at 90mph on the highway. How did we get to a place in our mainstream motorcycle culture where we think a 650cc bike is barely adequate. Jeeze I think sometimes we need to look out side of our own culture and look at what the rest of the world is riding. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but when you see kids like this taking a trip two up, then you read that 60hp is marginal it just makes your head spin.
  11. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I presently ride a Gold Wing, but at age 70, anticipate a switch to a Maxi Scooter within a year or two, probably a Honda Integra (if they ever arrive here in the U.S.), a Burgman Executive or BMW.

I have zero issues in switching to a scooter, since i developed my love of two wheels on a Cushman scooter at age 14. Any buddies giving me any flack will be told, "you couldn't handle a scooter".

My pillion buddy, Pugsley, rides with me 100% of the time, so my future scooter must fit his needs, seat comfort, size, etc. Also, being a strong believer in ABS brakes, they are a must! We have logged over 40,000 miles on bikes since he has owned me. I never leave home without him. Hey, he treats me better, and is more appreciative than any of my former female companions.

Ride safe, my friends.:nod
  12. gogogordy

gogogordy Long timer

Oddometer:
    The friendship of a dog is the purest form of it available. They always kiss on the first date, and never stop! Dogs love scooters so Pugsley is ready when you are.
  13. go.duesouth

go.duesouth Lord of the geeks

Oddometer:
    I already told my Mrs. that if anything happens to her, I'm picking out my next wife at the BMW dealer. Probably a pretty blue, slim c600. Doesn't complain, likes doing what I like doing. Doesn't wander when we go shopping. Likes my garage just the way it is. And is easily turned on with the push of a button...
  14. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, that makes perfect sense to me!! Motorcycles/scooters have many advantages over women, since they don't care if someone else rides them, don't hen peck, shop, etc, etc.:wink:
  15. gregbenner

gregbenner Long timer

Oddometer:
    I currently have a Burgy 650 and love it. Plan to order the new Beemer C650GT as soon as the low seat option is available.

I have looked carefully at the new 2013 Burgy, but by the time I add the heated grips, heated seat, and tire pressure sensors, all of which I want, it is more expensive the the Beemer. Plus the Beamer has a three year warranty.
  16. gregbenner

gregbenner Long timer

Oddometer:
    And you haven't even mentioned replacement cost:rofl:rofl
  17. Motovista

Motovista Go Fast, See Nothing

Oddometer:
    One of the biggest problems I've seen in this State is that a lot of people think anything that looks like a scooter is a moped, and there is a stigma attached to anyone older than 16 riding one outside of a University town. I think that's why, even with the great 12 month riding weather we have, there isn't a large scooter culture in Charleston, like you see in a lot of other cities.

Moped Medic
  18. John Bentall

John Bentall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe Agostini's World Championship-winning 500MV in the 1960's had about 90BHP.

The only conclusion I can come to is that folks are so used to automatic transmissions in automobiles, that they prefer not to change gear on a m/c. I suppose that if you have 160BHP at your disposal at the twist of the throttle, you can stay in top gear all day.
  19. TheReaper!

TheReaper! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would be cheaper and less grief to keep the Morphous for around town and just buy a 400 for highway use . Just keep your eyes open for a deal on a nice used 400 .

TheReaper!
  20. Kennon

Kennon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Vespa Super GTS 300 or if they make one with a 350 in the future i want a strong performance scoot in a small body for a blend of pace and looks.

Kennon