Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    I believe the latest BMWMOA mag says that if you use the keyword "BMWMOA" when ordering tickets, you get a discount. That is, if this bike show is the one sponsored by Progressive.....

jeff
  2. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Oh Mr. Guy, it is lovely to see Mr. Grinch come out of his cave..... glad to have company because I don't do Christmas very well either. We are kindred spirits. So hang in there brother.

Merry Christmas to all though. We wish everyone a safe and happy holidays. I can't wait to go to NY in Jan and get my own present, that XR650L. Then just maybe I'll be able to hang with the real dirt dabbers in this group. :D

Ho ho ho!

jeff
  3. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    And to Jeff, in that regard..............

As I get older I really hate the thought of traveling over a holiday (especially on I-95), but the trip tomorrow is one I can’t avoid. We’ll be heading up to MD to see my older daughter and hubby, our grandsons, and my younger daughter who went up a few days ago. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

Older daughter and family:
    [​IMG]

The elder grandson topping out the tree last night:
    [​IMG]

Safe travels to any of you heading out, and of course, a very Merry Christmas to you all!!

4. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    As I was coming up, our traditional Christmas eve dinner consisted of oyster stew, pies, etc. Altho' I will be the only one eating it, tonight's dinner (mine) will honor that tradition; my mom would be proud:
    [​IMG]

:dg

:evil

5. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Never been. When is it? I might consider it this year. I agree if I'm going to DC, I go to Springfield and ride the metro.
  6. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jan. 4-6

7. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a discount code I can give you that will get you a few bux off of the on-line price. Be aware, that they may charge a fee for online purchases.... which seems silly - but it will keep you from having to stand in line at the gate.

PM me and I will pass along the promo code.

Guy
  8. Hack

Hack .......

Oddometer:
    Happy Holidays
  9. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    that's great!

Merry Christmas everybody.
  10. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    should title this: The Ultra Glamorous World of Motorcycling... :D

Will check on the dates of that show, I'd like to go if not booked up..
  11. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guy said it was Jan 4-6. I assume the planned trip would be on whichever of those is a Saturday. I'd be willing to drive the TDi up to Springfield if nothing else pops up preventing me from going.

Here is a pic of our quick fix from yesterday thanks to Michhub for having the zip tie.
    [​IMG]
  12. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    I will be out of town for the show, but the Progressive code is "PRG6DC". Supposed to be good for a $10 advance ticket.
  13. pplassm

Oddometer:
    Oh, and tradition is Lunch at "New Big Wong's" afterward.
  14. pplassm

Oddometer:
    And, Merry Christmas, everybody!
  15. rctr

rctr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas fellow ADV riders!

Jimmy
    Rctr
  16. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas to all!
  17. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  18. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    [FONT=&quot]Here is the information regarding the New Years Day ride that we hope that you and your friends can make for the first day of the 2013 season.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The meet up location is at the Food Lion Grocery Store --2589 New Kent Hwy. "Quinton Va.23141.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It is off I-64 "exit 205 Bottoms Bridge exit. Turn left and continue until you see the shopping center on your right. We will assemble there for a brief safety instructions before departing @ 11A.M.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]JHVA will be leading the ride since I am (Rusty Gross) still on the injured reserve list and I will be in my truck to enjoy the festivities & the scenic back roads to the "Rocco's Smokehouse " in Williamsburg will be the final stopping point after the ride. You can eat there and then continue your own ride or head home to watch football and enjoy your day with the family. That is your choice. JHVA says the average prices are in the $8-10 dollar range and up. Ordering will be from your choice on the menu..[/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is just a fun thing to do and is not any official ride so feel free to bring your friends .[/FONT]
  19. MotoMujer

MotoMujer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't been on a bike in weeks, and on my own bike since...??? I just may have to pencil this one in. Thanks for the post John!
  20. btblueskies

btblueskies BTBlueSkies

Oddometer:
    Tires in place... :)

No lost fingers. Thankfully.

I had to make my own tire removing tools from stock steel from Lowes... and while they did work, they bent way way too easy. New proper tire tools on order.

Also, watching YouTube for how to remove tires using your kickstand leads to bent kickstands. Nice.

I was able to inflate the rear tire with the 12V pump using a tie-down to ratchet the tired along the circumference and get the seal... however the front tire, no such luck. After several hours last night with the kids wondering WTF is dad doing... I had to give up on the front tire. I did find a gas station today with a proper air tank and the tire inflated and popped into the seal in like 3 seconds. Nice.

I suppose if I want to have confidence that I can fix a flat on the trail using tubeless tires that I need to get a tube as I have no confidence that I can get a sealed bead using the air output of a 12V pump.

In anycase... New Tires! :)

Now to fix the bent center and side stand. Need a bigger hammer...

Smiles