garmin ique m4

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Oz and Kiwi Land' started by meganandmark, Aug 7, 2009.

1. meganandmark

meganandmark marcus

Oddometer:
    i got myself this garmin unit (ique) about a 1 1/2 years back and was still learning how to do the bizz with it when i seem to have applied to much pressure to the screen using the electric seat mech in the car(unit behind seat on floor so crims :gun2 couldn't see it when i was out of the car-yes i usually put it back on the dash)my question is can the screen be replaced?? have since got a nuvi 300,good but not as good as old one, no bread crumb feature,no compass(does have North pointer+grid pos.) also would standard garmin mount be suitable on my bike or will it just fly out and break the screen? anyone know about repairing these or where can be done, i,m in NZ any help would be much appreciated.
    cheers,marcus:eek2
  2. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    The usual route for repairs is to send it to your nearest Garmin dealer, they send it to garmin for repairs, which usually involves a flat fee and a refurbished unit being supplied.
    So if you go that route, you should be able to find out the cost up front, and also remove anything in/on the unit that's removeable, like memory cards, belt clip/mount studs, etc, as Garmin tend to strip them and send you a stripped (but fixed/working) unit back. Hope this helps.

Here's a current thread on Garmin's customer service. Enjoy!
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459444
  3. meganandmark

meganandmark marcus

Oddometer:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    thanks for your reply,will see what can be done,last time i asked around in local dealer i just got dumb looks - then got sold the new unit - maybe they not so dumb - they are in "sales" after all