Shane Watts "DirtWise" School vid.

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Silver, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    This past weekend took the Shane Watts "DirtWise" school at Chicken Creek in Kellyville, OK. As usual there's a fair amount of cussing, oops. It's longer than some of my other vids as it's sitting at 15 minutes+. It has Day 1 drills and crashes, day 2 drills and crashes, and a comparison from the same section of course from day 1 and day 2. Honestly I was burnt outttt at the end of day 2 so I wasn't really any faster but I think you'll see a huge difference in my turns

As per Watts request from his schools, there is zero instructional vid, there is some of watts yelling at me and I think I call him a prick when he passes me on the moto track. I also call a little kid a prick when I'm doing little pop a wheelies and he comes along and rocks this 12 o clock wheelie. These are all in jest though. Anyhow, Enjoy! If you just want to see me launch my bike into a ditch skip to 2:15.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Id8UwzglSDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Tiny D and I hope to do one of his schools this coming year.

Looks like a hoot!

Dirty
  3. redleger

redleger Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer:
    I really want to take some sort of off road school but there is never one available to me. I gotta find one close to Fort Sill area.

That looked like a lot of fun and technical type training. How do you feel now months later? Was it worth it and has it upped your riding ability?
  4. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Apologies, I haven't checked here in awhile. I feel it has made me more confident. I haven't really been on the bike that much since then, Thanksgiving, then december crap, then being lazy, then x-mas, then crappy weather here lately (excuses excuses, I know). But I definitely feel I have picked up speed and confidence. From more recent before vids and then my after vids you can definitely tell a difference. Need to take time to practice the drills and whatnot too. Testing out my buddies 250XC-F and showing my friends the trail loop at a riding area and whatnot haven't led to that much practice. Then doing the enduro this weekend, so maybe I'll just try to get as much practice in there as I can.

Short answer. Yes. lol.

Latest video that I've done. Comparison for a 250XC-F and my 200EXC speeds on same section of trail and other stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/33IBB3m54E8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  5. reddirtjoe

reddirtjoe motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Let's Ride some red dirt!!.... NorthCentOklahoma
    New class just added
    March 21st....Denton Texas
    might be close enough for.you
  6. reddirtjoe

Oddometer:
    April 18/19th. ..Fry Lake ..it's near Seminole
  7. imxman

imxman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I signed up but received an email today that Fry Lake is now cancelled. They hope to reschedule another OK school later though.
  8. reddirtjoe

Oddometer:
    That sucks...
  9. reddirtjoe

Oddometer:
    I read where Shane is recovering from shoulder surgery. ....

That explains the cancellations ..
  10. reddirtjoe

Oddometer:
    If your interested........Bill Dragoo is holding a class in Lexington this month...

He isn't as famous...and is a local rider..
    Not that that's a bad thing...he is really pretty good !!